Tinkers! And the problem with Goblins

With Shadowlands not giving us a New Class, Class request threads have become more and more common.

Tinkers, of course would be a great class with heavy roots in the Warcraft universe, and easily be able to fill multiple rolls in a dungeon and raid environment. The Class fantasy of Tinkers is currently not met by any existing classes, and since we also know Tinkers have been worked on internally, they seem quite likely in the Future.

However: Today I bring to you a Problem with Goblins in World of Warcraft.
Many people frequently claim that there is no class that really fits goblins and gnomes, and that a Tinker class would help fill that role.
But unfortunately that problem runs deeper than most people realize.

So you see, Goblins are the ONLY Race in World of Warcraft that CAN’T PLAY as all 3 group roles on 1 Character.

Goblins do not have Access to Druid, Paladin, Or Monk, and as such it is IMPOSSIBLE To have a Single Goblin Character capable of playing all 3 dungeon roles.

Tinkers would fix this problem, and bring a new options to Existing races, Like Gnomes, or Orcs who can currently only Play Monk to fulfill all 3 rolls.

Going off of Warcraft 3. Tinkers already have the Ability to Tank (in a mech suit) and do Ranged Damage (with missiles and pocket factories)
Of course, We’ve Seen NPC Tinkers that are able to heal with Heal-bots and Grenades. Many people assume this would also be integrated into the class.

Not only would Tinkers bring a unique class fantasy to the game, but they would also provide a new Omni-Role class for people to play. Not to mention it would be the only class other than Druid that can both Tank, and deal Ranged Damage.
It would also allow Ranged Weapons like Guns and Bows to be usable by more than a single class.

31 Likes

A Shaman tank spec would also fill the need of adding more omni-classes to the game, it would be on goblins, and it could also be the long lost two-hander shaman. Not to say Tinker wouldn’t work, but I’m selfish and would prefer a tank spec on my main.

11 Likes

I Agree. But get out of here Guildie. This is my thread.

:triumph:

I didn’t know goblins had that problem. I only have the one though but she’s suppose to be a tinker. If tinker became a class I would reroll her in a heart beat. (Obligatory I would prefer a shadow hunter class)

3 Likes

I would Reroll so fast and never look back.

Give me My mech suit Tank, and and I’ll start buying store mounts Blizzard. You hear me?!

I WILL BUY YOUR STORE MOUNTS

11 Likes

I bought the parrot that sits on your shoulder for pirates day, also I’ve bought waaaaaaaaay to much stuff from eso crown store. Don’t tell blizzard about mounts and skins restricted to purchasable loot boxes

1 Like

Tinkers is another class that can have four specs as well. Also instead of just making it only for gnomes and goblins why not make it for every race. Since players leveled through Mechagon, it makes sense that any race can become a tinker. This one side won’t have two races that can be a tinker. Do not forget Mechagnomes can also become tinkers so if it’s limited to races it’ll be two on Alliance and one on Horde. To me it’ll be better and understandable if all races can become tinkers.

6 Likes

I don’t want it restricted to Goblin and Gnomes either personally.
We’ve seen a lot of Dwarves, Orcs, Draenei, and even Blood Elves as talented engineers.

And I agree you could simply give it to Everyone. After all everyone can pick engineering as a profession.

5 Likes

Why would I bother having all three roles when I can just pay someone (minimum wage) to do it for me?

this is a trollish post, I personally would love to have Tinker as a class, would race change this guy to Undead and use the name for a Goblin Tinker

5 Likes

You already have that. You posted on it to make this request.

Troll Hunters are more “Headhunters”
Troll Shamans are more “Shadow Hunters”

Took me a second to get what you were saying and thanks! I tried to get the shadow hunter aesthetic down

Blizzard says otherwise.

I’ve role-played as a troll Shadow Hunter for years in the past. I agree with “datsmebro” Shadow Hunter isn’t super well represented.

BUT: I also think Shadow Hunter would be very hard to represent correctly, and would appeal to very few players compared to Tinkers.

The class that Uses guns, turrets, and bombs is easy to understand for a new player, and is entertaining on paper.

A class that uses Glavies, wards, and Loa Blessings is a little more specific in its appeal. So I don’t think it’s likely.

2 Likes

Warn a guy next time before you link to Wowhead. Have to run a virus scan now.

Yea Shadow Hunter is like this weird combination of Hunter and Shaman with a splash of Shadow magic.

1 Like

You could just use add-block like the rest of civilized society.

2 Likes

But I’m an Orc, I’m anything but civilized.

3 Likes

I Just wanna fulfill the role of being the Technology using goblin in a world of Spears and Battle-axes.

obi-wan voice
So Uncivilized.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I dream of flying right into battle as a Gnome (or a Mechagnome!) in my mech, armed with a gatling gun on one arm, a flamethrower on the other and using a shoulder rocket launcher to spam Rocket Barrage!

Oh man Blizz, make this happen!!!

6 Likes

I’m always pro tinker.

Make it gnome/ goblin only and other races only open up through apprenticeship of getting a tinker max level on goblin or gnome tinker

3 Likes