Tinker: A dumb name, For a cool class

People Commonly kick around the Idea of a “Tinker” class.

A class that Uses Technology is a natural fit for the Warcraft Universe, And it even has a Hero to steal from In Warcraft 3.

It seems like a Likely class, since it would be so easy for Blizzard to implement, and mostly use assets Blizzard has already made in game, in recent expansions

But Let’s be real “Tinker” is a silly name. Engineer, Tactician, Mechanist, or even Technician would make a Significantly better name.

For Example: The “Shaman” Class is clearly based off the Farseer and Shadowhunter units from Warcraft 3. But it isn’t named “Farseer” It’s named “Shaman” which is more colloquial and easy to understand.

Thoughts? Feelings? Etc?
Also: The Tinker’s class color should obviously be Metallic Grey.

3 Likes

No only in black, we don’t have a class with that color.

ehh… but is best in this thread…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/tinker-class-lame/685947/457

tinkerer

That’s what its called, not tinker.

5 Likes

Few alternate name ideas:

1. Artificer
  2. Diabolist
  3. Mekkaengineer
  4. Architect
  5. Machinist
  6. Fabricator
2 Likes

Technomancer would be fine as a name also.

This is the one I’d go with. But that may be looking like its copying FFXIV.

1 Like

No! That’s my problem.

Tinkerer would make sense. But for some flipping reason. It’s called TINKER in WC3

Well, both seem to be acceptable. There both the same thing, Tinkerer just sounds better off the tongue.

Guess you’d say, “I’ll tinker with it because I’m a tinkerer”.

2 Likes
  1. Black is hard to Read.
  2. Your idea makes Tinker a Magic using class. Tinkers should not be crossed with Magic. The cool factor is that they are non-magical.

Tinkerer is fine, we don’t need more cringe edge lord hero classes

1 Like

You say that untill they get nukes and giant mecha robots. That they become weeb anime class.

It very much does. I would prefer Tinkerer. Since it’s close but rolls of the tounge better.

I just hate the term “Tinker”

1 Like

Black color border with White letter, Little did you think that everything was going to be one color, no … :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’d rather not use class names from FF.

That Rules out Machinist. I can agree with that reasoning. What about “Tinkerer” or “Technician”

this would be tech in the wow universe so i’m fine with it

cute goblin and gnome contraptions !!!

I’m cool with either of those.

I have a hard time convincing people that Tinker is a good class

But at least it seems that everyone can agree Tinker is a dumb name.

1 Like

How about imagineer. You know, so the disney lawsuits can come in full swing.

See this is the problem with the “Tinkerer” class. We have it already in the form of the Engineer Profession. Engineer would of been the best name for it.

1 Like

Well Tinker would be a better name, since that was the name of the Hero.

Also Engineering doesn’t really cover the Tinker fantasy.
No Turrets, no Mech suit. Just 1 Five minute cooldown bomb.

Off topic, but I absolutely love your mog. Definitely one of the much more fabulous goblin warlock mogs I’ve seen. You look like some kind of small super villainous mastermind.