Tinker: A dumb name, For a cool class

but it would be a good option, and a good image, since goblins and gnomes (not because it is racist) but they did not give a better effort to demonstrate their class as seen with the Draneis, Belfs and nightbornes.

but it would be a good option, and a good image, since goblins and gnomes (not because it is racist) but they did not give a better effort to demonstrate their class as seen with the Draneis, Belfs and nightbornes.

In special with Gnomeran and Mechagon, ps… forget it Gnomes and goblins like tinker representations, we need a new neutral race like Monks in MoP.

It would be a good idea, but I prefer something more flashy, like a JRPG classic style like the Geas or Magic Engineer in use to be more of a combat style than an engineering profession in which all races use.

Gadgeteer sounds cool

2 Likes

Yes. Draenei and Blood Elves both have Magic infused Technology. But that could be covered with simple aesthetic changes, like Shamans have race specific Totems.

There’s no reason to re-theme and entire class, just to fit with one fantasy that could easily be done with Role-playing.

For Example: Paladin is the general name for the Paladin class, Even if the Paladins themselves are divided into Prelates, Sunwalkers, Blood Knights, ETC.

Gadgeteer does sound cool.

I liked your Imagineer suggestion. It fits since there’s no new classes in SL.

The Imagineer is a Disney thing. Its what they call there workers that work on creating the cool props and stuff for the parks. Its why i said there would be a Mickey Mouse lawsuit up Sargeras’s butt.

Even the legion should fear The Mouse.

2 Likes

Or Mastermind.

Still waiting for my dragon class

Healer spec Bronze/Red/Green Dragonflight spells
DPS spec Blue/Black Dragonflight spells

To be honest, The lack of a New class hit harder than I expected.
I’ve never seen people so Unexcited for a New expansion.

It seems people are already looking forward to 10.0 just to get shadowlands over with.

That sounds like something a rogue would be.

I believe that actually is something a Rogue can be. In Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Really? Looks like Blizzard is using the same hopium as Qanon.

I’m sorry but…

What?

I feel it’d work as an entire specialization.
Tinker class should be flavorful. It should take inspiration from every technological advancement we’ve seen on Azeroth: Forsaken Apothecary’s bioweapons, Blood Elf/Nightborne Magical constructs, Draenei sci-fi crystal pilons and laserbeams, Iron Horde siege weapons, and of course our classic Gnome/Goblin engineering. They can even sprinkle some Legion Mo’arg tech somewhere, maybe as a Glyph? Go crazy.
That way it wouldn’t feel like… “it’s just engineering profession”

1 Like

Hopium is a play on hope and an opiate that is censored for some reason. “I sure hope wow does something good next expansion” has been a running theme.

1 Like

Also Steamwarriors. But I think those only exist outside of the game in books and other media.

1 Like

Not if it takes something more advanced than a simple profession, something that your tools use an advanced technology in which it surpasses the profession we have.

That is why the tinker does not look like engineering, something that would look like a special class, and would be feared.

I personally think this class should rely on a mech suit. Kind of like what the Goblins and Gnomes do already. That’s the only way to make it feel like its its own thing completely.

1 Like

Engineers are one thing. Clearly the badasses in Mech suits we saw through all of BFA are another thing.

Okay…

Tinkerer :smile:

(joking)

Probably Mechanist. :man_shrugging:

Can’t have it be Engineer in the worry of people confusing the Class with the Profession.

Id be happy with that. Anything other than “Tinker.”