Timewalking

Can F2P accounts (max level 20) participate in TimeWalking dungeons? Are the rewards different from the scaled dungeons that we can do when changing the timeline with Chromie?

They cannot: The cutoff level is usually level 30 which is beyond the scope of the Trial accounts.

You can run the regular version of the dungeons but the TW variants are at least at this current time off limits.

8 Likes

Thanks. I’ll just continue to change the timeline with Chromie to get some variety.

It’s actually a pretty entertaining way to play if you don’t want to subscribe, especially if you play a tank class, since the queue time is very short. On some timelines it can be longer, but in those rare cases, the system will eventually ask if you want to change to a different timeline to speed up the group formation.

3 Likes

I am having fun trying to minmax a Trial right now. Have a DK and currently need a trinket and helm. Maybe the TW restriction will lower in the future, only time will tell. Really a lot you can do in the Trial as it stands.

Best in luck in your (somewhat limited) adventures.

2 Likes

Me too. I like to level a character up to 20 and then spam run dungeons from different timelines. Make sure you save the in dungeon quests for after you hit 20 so you get the max ilvl gear from them. Also, you get the chance to roll into an Epic which is a nice bonus. The old Lich King dungeons all have in-dungeon quests and also give the bonus satchel. Not sure if the bonus bag only for tanks or if any role can get those.

Indeed. And I feel I’m contributing to a better game experience, helping lower queue times for other players. And I try to be a nice, helpful player. I move through the dungeon at a reasonable pace, trying not to leave slower (or newer) players behind or leave them locked out of a boss fight. Of course, there’s always that occasional DPSer who insists on flying through way faster than I can go (especially on a fat, slow Bear). Why’s it always the Hunters and Mages that do that? Heh heh heh…

Same to you!

2 Likes