Timewalking Scaling

So something is seriously off with respect to TW dungeons this week.

Grimrail Depot

The brute’s charge attack is doing substantially more damage than tank health, even when your back is completely against the crates. Even when doing this on a 20+ key, I never had to use a major defensive to survive the charge, but it’s now somehow required on a TW? It’s literally as though the boss is being affected by Tyrannical semantics and yet it’s TW.

Skyreach

The second boss slam is a high damage ability, but even with the same set of buffs up, no tank major defensives, it’s hitting the tank for varied amounts. Sometimes its upwards of 60% of my health and other times its only 15-20%, with no externals and no defensives used, just always having active mitigation up.

The third boss, its simply not doable. The damage output of the DPS is all lower than tanks, this causes a plethora of birds to spawn throughout the fight, despite them kiting them, and this just leads to eventual attrition and birds fixating the tank and causing a wipe.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I don’t recall TW ever feeling like I was doing a +20 key and having to utilize so much control, finesse, and defensives; ergo, some scaling is clearly off in some of the dungeons and needs to be looked into.

19 Likes

Just a thought, is it possible that the change to mob health/damage (the 40% buff that happened at the end of beta) applies to TW dungeons since we’re technically level 70? That would account for the weird scaling in some dungeons of specific abilities.

The ‘invisible’ red circles on the Cannon boss in Grimrail are hitting for upwards of 60k. It’s almost as though there’s a flag for the “what level are we” that’s not being set for all abilities for whatever reason.

Skyreach - the birds were one shotting people. All of the birds.

3 Likes

just here to say my tank got hit with a 60k mortar in grimrail (2nd boss), all while he has only 6k HP. lol needless to say we couldn’t complete the dungeon and had to leave.

2 Likes

We had the same issue with Mortar and with the charge from the first boss in GD. I honestly agree that I think somehow the 40% buff to mob health/damage is being incorrectly applied to TW dungeons or somehow the M+ modifiers are being enabled and shouldn’t.

It’s weird though, it’s not every TW dungeon though. We did Slag Mines, Burial Grounds, Auchindoun and those were just fine.

Just gonna skip Grimrail if it’s as bad now as it was last WoD TW.

1 Like

If you thought it was bad last time, it’s royally bad now. No idea what happened, but its just all kinds of wonky with scaling.

3 Likes

The scaling is so messed up for nearly all of these dungeons, this far more difficult than it should be. +10s are a cake walk comparatively

5 Likes

grimrail timewalking has been broken since they very first implemented it. I remember making a post or replying in a thread about it like half a year or more ago. Getting instagibbed by stuff that the tooltip doesnt even say HAS an instagib element only a dot but nope 1 shot wrecked.

They need to go fix this stuff but for soemn reason they just dont. Priorities somehow lie elsewhere. What that elsewhere could be is baffling given a portion of the current content isnt playable in its current iteration

You’re actually getting into TW dungeons? I’ve been queue for over an hour. TBH I thought the matchmaker was bugged

2 Likes

It’s probably slow because of all the tanks and/or healers who are probably taking the deserter debuff and leaving dungeons over how some of these are going atm.

3 Likes

Yeah I wont be doing timewalking on any other characters. Took me over 2 hours, normally these quests take like 1 hour.

Not worth all the time/headache for 1 normal raid loot. So many wipes in Skyreach my gear went red

1 Like

Wondering if they’ve quietly disabled match making since I’ve been in the queue for close to an hour and 30minutes now.

That’s unlikely, although they may have disabled TW specifically if they finally analyzed the dungeons and they’re working on hotfixing the problems. You could leave the queue and see whether its still available; or maybe its just a product of tanks don’t want to get shafted into GD or Skyreach and be 1-shot repeatedly.

Just did a timewalking SBG. The tank was taking 2K auto attacks from some mobs.

It’s a really strange decision to use an existing M+ dungeon for timewalking. Especially when it’s as difficult as a +2, but gives heroic ilvl loot. This might be the first time that doing the same content on harder difficulty gives worse loot.

Finally had a TW dungeon pop. My Crit/HasteMastery stats were way different than normal. Haste was dropped to like 4%.

As a healer, I’ve been leaving TW groups and getting flaming private messages because I can’t save people from getting randomly one shotted. I’ve been fishing for Everbloom and Slag. Watching a guardian druid get one shot by a random mob on Grimrail is funny until you, the healer, gets blamed for it.

Sad thing is it normal raid loot. So even worse

1 Like

I very much agree with this, 1000%. I would advocate that since TW is meant to be as its name implies, “going back in time”, that the TW pool be expanded to dungeons that are not currently part of the M+ dungeon pool for variety.

That’s expected, you’re scaled down to level 40.

Nope, that’s not the healer’s fault. The first boss in Grimrail hit my bear for more than my HP pool when the healer had me topped to 100% just before the charge; not their fault. Similarly, the Mortar hit me for 60k on the 2nd boss, one shotting me. That’s 53k more than I have when scaled down to level 40.

It’s not a healer issue, it’s purely a scaling problem.

I seriously believe that since we’re technically level 70, the game is applying the Level 70 dungeon mob 40% modifier to TW dungeons, which increases their health by 40% and the damage they do by 40%. That would explain the extremely long trash and boss pulls and the one-shots.

1 Like

Of course its not the healer fault. But it doesnt stop the harassment. I laugh at it. It’s hilarious. But it doesnt stop goofballs from blaming others.