Timewalking Mage Tower was a failure

It was fun for me, I really enjoyed the challenge.

3 Likes

OP’s mad cause he’s not in the 6%.

Don’t worry, I’ll use the werebear form enough for both of us.

6 Likes

Same company soon will own both ESO and WoW so that’s a win/win lol

1 Like

6% for the first go round with people being unprepared, not knowing what they’re getting into. Watch it jump to 15% the next time it’s here, and 20something the time after that.

They did say it was supposed to be a challenge. 6% doesn’t feel too bad. Let’s see what happens with the next go round before grabbing your pitchfork eh?

I was looking forward to the mage tower, but did run into some issues early on in it. I mostly wanted the fel bear because I didn’t have a druid in legion so was never able to get one

was kinda annoyed to find out people glitched the druid tank one early on and was able to get an easy win on it through shadowlands engineering soul trap, it got patched after first few days

1 Like

Was it?

I guess ‘meaningful level of difficulty’ is the sticky wicket, as that might mean ‘least common denominator’ for some, and ‘hard enough to preserve the spirit of the scenarios at release on 7.2’ for others. But I dunno that they billed it as the thing to do during a content drought. For one, how could it? It was originally only going to last two weeks.

3 Likes

Mage tower was only bad if you were bad.

Funny that.

It was challenging and fun. I loved it.

2 Likes

Can’t make a single thing difficult in this game without people absolutely losing their minds.

5 Likes

Moreover, if it was nerfed and made easier, it would just be one shottable by a lot of people and still wouldn’t hold interest.

The OP is grasping at straws.

2 Likes

and people still manage to finish it right after the fix. What’s your excuse on not getting it? Other than “bad”

1 Like

I couldn’t do it and I just wanted the one for my class and race, and by the time I realized I needed 50ish gemmed gear it was too late by then to get whole set of what I needed.

Not to say some couldn’t do it in SL gear, but I would love to see that video of 240 Ilvl boomkin doing it. Cause next time I will be prepared.

All I saw were people talking about it and trying it the whole time it was up, it was even extended.

Sounds like a lot of success.

2 Likes

I only tried it a few times over the first week, I do not value my time to die over and over again for a cosmetic. When I tried, it was a bit over tuned but after hearing that people glitched it and got it just made me not interested in the tower and I stopped trying it

I don’t know about nerfing the difficulty, but they should have just left it up.

1 Like

so basicly you get some form of challenge and you quit. Aight gotcha

Not so much, as I said I would have kept doing it if people didn’t glitch it for an easy reward. So I’m only interested in mage tower if they nerf it since people exploited things in the first few days and is unfair to anyone that was doing it the way blizzard wanted.

I agree with the first post, it was a failure we don’t have true numbers of people that done the mage tower without exploiting things

yea so you’re not interested in a challenge. You just want it easy. Aight then

Let me get this straight, you’re blaming Blizzard for not making the Mage Tower Challenge easier so that you’re adrenal glands don’t get overwhelmed by the intensity of the gameplay?

Not when it was handed to people for exploiting no I don’t want to spend a bunch of time, why should I.

Everyone that cheated didn’t and nothing happened, so yes I want to do it in like 2 pulls like everyone that exploited the mage tower.

I would have been fine with the challenge if people wasn’t able to cheat it early before they patched it

1 Like

The soul trap didn’t even cheat the hard part of the fight. You’re meme’ing.