Timewalking Exp nerfed

So we’re back to the game being the game again…

Not much has changed in game which currently everyone is paying.

Because it doesn’t negatively impact the game at all? Oh no people are leveling, the world is burning, really?

12 Likes

A fresh character who just hit 60 would be able to use a lot of said new gear thought.

addressing sexual harassment, the list goes on!

8 Likes

It’s clear the old content scaling is totally broken, why wouldn’t they fix it?

Equally valid question. Except this gets fixed straight away and the other has been broken for nearly a year.

24 Likes

Yep. Fun detected. We can’t have decent XP from Timewalking and we can’t have decent gear from it either.

Is it fun to run old stuff with friends? Sure. But when the rewards are worthless, that gets old fast.

12 Likes

back to ff14… gg blizz

17 Likes

You can almost buy greens better off the AH, so no the TWing gear has no real use.

5 Likes

Dev: We’re getting thousands of reports of people disconnecting on flight paths.

Dev 2: Oh well.

Dev: Some useless toy is lasting 5 seconds longer than intended.

Dev 2: To the ground!!!

28 Likes

I was going to level like 5 alts this week. I was getting pretty excited as I leveled my death knight and it was enjoyable with my guild. Now instead of leveling the 4 other alts, I’m just not going to level them.

Please consider reverting the nerf.

18 Likes

Thanks Reddit and Wowhead for bringing this to the devs’ attention just in time to get it nerfed.

Ah well. At least I got four more toons to 60 during WoD timewalking.

2 Likes

Didnt take that long for people to realize that things didnt change for sure.

I think people should actually use this as self reminder that despite blizzard looking for new people or new people at the top the issues in the game are still in full core effect.

This is one of them.

3 Likes

Yup, back to doing the same 4 dungeons over and over again from 51-60 in threads of fate. One would have thought they could have at least given all the dungeons to the threads of fate players, but nope, just the 4. Plus they already nerfed Plaguefall which was the only one I actually could stand (decent XP/hr with the skip since you could finish in under 10 minutes).

6 Likes

I agree it’s another means of gearing, but I respectfully suspect most folks are going to run it for the weekly normal raid piece. This is because TW doesn’t open up a new avenue for gear acquisition - that ilevel is already attainable via normals.

It’s also odd, too, because it doesn’t even pull from a larger pool of players like it used to - in other words, it most likely won’t have quicker queues due to the same or smaller pool (essentially splitting level 50-60s up to TW dungeons or normal SLands). Before the squish, the queues may have been reduced due to additional players entering the dungeon queue, that couldn’t queue for the max-level dungeons. Unless it was changed in 9.1, players need to be level 50 to join TW. The same level to join SLands normal dungeons.

It truly does show just how out of touch they are with their player base (minus that one guy in here defending their every action).

9 Likes

Mythic+ is the source of some of the strongest, and highest ilvl loot in the game. No kidding you get better gear from it.

The vault absolutely drops items from Kel’Thuzad and Sylvanas. This is just 100% false.

I have IP issues to FF US servers.

But in a wth mood I said at least ESO likes us US people oversees. Bought it last night. Have the just started Bosmer. Should be an interesting time settling in there.

No sub just game. See how I dig it before I put more money in.

2 Likes

As I pointed out in a previous thread, level 50’s doing timewalking dungeons get gear that is lower in ilvl than heirlooms.

I’m done… Just done. Despite recent controversies, I remained positive. Despite lack of developmental resources and an employee blaming us for being worried about there being another drought in content over the controversies, I remained positive. Despite the overwhelming amount of problems with the community, the bugs in 9.1, the state of pvp and the botting problem. I remained positive.

I’M DONE. SCREW OFF BLIZZ. I’M DONE WITH THIS BS.

18 Likes

It was a bug, and was definitely not intentional.

I myself reported it as a bug once I found this to be the case, because I do not want a buggy game.