Timewalking Exp nerfed

All work, no progress.

WOW 2021.

Can we keep bumping this? I just went from “oh, fun, more reasons to level alts!” to “I’m literally not touching this”. Old/alternative content being irrelevant is bad for the game. How many people spam leveled characters through Korrak’s last year and had fun with it, I wonder? Imagine them wanting to give you incentives for being engaged in the content. Leveling through Shadowlands legitimately sucks lol. Old dungeons are at least fun for some. But having to spam the same 5 or so 7 times for a level, not so much.

Didn’t some guy previously hit 120 without ever leaving starting Panda island?

Say what you will, but 5 20 minute dungeons per level is too many. Especially when there are only 4 in the new xpac. Oof.

1 dungeon clear should be minimally 25%-33% w/o any xp modifiers. I’d even go as high as 50% of a level. That or spend some time on ToF and make it more balanced. Like literally any time at all on Threads.

They know you’re not going to level them now. They’re obviously trying to corner you into paying for the 60 boost instead when it’s released. It’s such an underhanded, sinister move when you actually think about the conversations that must have happened behind the scenes here.

Blizzard had become a expert at wiping peoples smiles off their faces

Haha, so true!

MMO’s like ESO encourage players to level fast. In ESO I was able to lvl one of my lvl 1 alts to max lvl in a day of dolmen grinding.

There’s really no reason for blizzard to continually nerf xp gains. Every alt you reach max level with should give you a buff, imo. The game is “reach max level then you can play and be involved in content.”

If they let us do the current patch content to level, it’d make a world of difference, but they don’t, so people get sick of grinding and don’t even reach max level and end up quitting the game a few weeks in. Rerolling? Such a pain if you haven’t kept up with your alts already.

2 Likes

Many other MMOs offer Double XP Events regularly.

Yet WoW seems to go out of their way to slow down the leveling process as much as possible.

I would love to hear their reasoning as to why they think this is a good idea.

1 Like