Timewalking Dungeons: Boring, Unrewarding, and a Complete Waste of Time

Let’s talk about the absolute snoozefest that is Timewalking dungeons. Whoever designed this content must’ve been asleep at their desk, because that’s exactly how it feels playing through it—boring and pointless. Everything falls over the moment you even think about using your cooldowns. You can’t even pop off on DPS because as soon as you hit your big abilities, boom—everything’s already dead. It’s like we’re walking through a theme park of old content, except there’s no thrill, no challenge, and definitely no reason to care.

And don’t even get me started on the fact that we’re forced to run five Timewalking dungeons for the weekly reward. FIVE. Are you kidding me? It’s 2024, Blizzard, how about lowering that to three? Because sitting through five of these unchallenging, loot-less, time-wasting dungeons is too much to ask. The gear that drops? Completely irrelevant. You get these useless, timewarped pieces that don’t even disenchant into shards from the current expansion. You know it’s bad when you don’t even want to loot anything because it’s literally not worth clicking the button. It’s not just unrewarding—it’s insulting.

Then there’s the cherry on top: that raid cache you’re supposed to feel excited about after completing 5 of these painful dungeons. Half the time, it’s complete garbage. A useless item from the first boss of a raid. It’s like a bad joke that never ends. You put in the time and effort, and Blizzard rewards you with junk. What’s the point of running these dungeons for a reward that feels like a slap in the face?

Oh, and let’s talk about that damn infinity timereaver mount—still hasn’t dropped for me after running Timewalking on and off for years. YEARS. Put the damn mount on a vendor already, Blizzard. Enough of this RNG torture. Stop dragging out this treadmill of disappointment and let people just buy the thing with a bunch of timewarped badges if they’ve suffered through enough of this Timewalking nonsense.

Timewalking dungeons are a boring, unrewarding, craptastic grind, with a raid cache that’s usually a complete joke. Either rework it or scrap it. Period.

3 Likes

My favorite thing about Timewalking dungeons is how every boss hits like they’re trying to have a pillow fight but random trash mobs will kill your tank in two hits.

the scaling just keeps getting worse. bosses do so little damage that they require no healing at all, while one random class of unnamed enemy will disintregate your tank in 1.5 seconds.

3 Likes

Bubbling Wax bugged so I was one shotting every single thing in TW, including the bosses, including the stuff in Black Temple. I wonder if they fixed it yet. It stopped being bugged half way through the BT I cleared. Thought I was gonna get reported.

1 Like

Yeah… this is wild.

First time when I did it tank was losing 50% of their health in seconds, healing was pretty stressful compared to current heroics.

1 Like

If it’s TBC, wrath or cata timewalking you can do the weekly in the associated timewalking raid (which drops gear equivalent to normal raid loot) without having to do any 5 man dungeons. Those weeks also have a weekly quest for a piece of heroic equivalent loot. Which is a little better.

But overall I get your point.

Outside of farming badges for cosmetics (the gear from the vendors is useless for alts as they currently 541 while quest blues from azjkahet are higher item level, they aren’t really for max level toons, they are really just for leveling alts, since timewalking dungeons gives more EXP than a level appropriate LFD dungeon does.

EDIT
Timewalking dungeons are getting a change in the future to scale UP to your level rather than you scaling down. Which will make them harder.

Posting in an AI generated thread.

3 Likes

So they seem to be changing them with the patch in October/November maybe that will make them more interesting.

In terms of rewards though getting the weekly quest, some vault slots and gear from the raid quest this week are all decent

Blizzard conveniently change content scaling that suit their purpose. its their game.

as a result, just have this weird feeling of gear inconsistency accross content lol

for the same ilevel, lets say 567:
TW feel like a scenario with sudden spike dmg
Normal feel like scenario with consistent dmg

this always been the case though for TW its different when compared to the dragonflight expansion

Be more tolerable if the the trash loot was at least current. Who needs TBC cloth etc
I’m glad-ish they’re easy, I’ve forgotten all the mechanics, if they were even relevant in this case.

It sells in AH. I made decent gold from it.

5 dungeons at the timewalking difficulty is fine. the real problem lies when the average wait time to get in is always between 2-5mins and you are always in queue for 15-30mins. the queues are throttled or broken.

just let it go. cause next thing blizzard will lower it to three but they will tune it so each dungeon takes 30mins to do, equaling out to the equivalent of currently running 10. lol.

i agree with you there. rng is rng most will say, but i dont believe that. i believe there are hidden percentages on the loot. i think in my hundreds if not thousands of timewalking runs over the years across all my alts, i think i might of seen something decent like a weapon or trinket 3-5 times tops. everything else garbage.

I don’t mind TBC timewalking but I got onto the forums to air grievances about the scaling issues so I figure I’ll just do it here.

Various mobs have attacks that really seem like they aren’t tuned properly. I was hit for my entire health bar and then some by a Shattered Hand Houndmaster’s “Shoot” attack in Shattered Halls.

The adds on the last boss of Blood Furnace are now hitting like trucks with their Shadow Bolts (spell ID 15472). These are ordinarily the most trivial, do-nothing type of add imaginable, and now it’s like they’re the bosses and Keli’dan is the one add

1 Like

hahah i noticed the same thing on my demon hunter tank and my death knight tank. I thought what the heck this trash just almost deleted me, and the boss goes tickle tickle and dies

on a side note, as someone that hasnt played the burning crusade its pretty fun for me to see all these new dungeons. I’m enjoying them even though the gear that drops is completely useless (even on my fresh 80 death knight), i’ve gotten better gear on the dk from just randomly digging up some wax

the final boss of shadow furnace killed my entire group with one spell that hit the tank for 115% of their hp.

there is NO WAY this scaling is intentional.

1 Like

TW should drop at least heroic dungeon level gear that’s warbound or something. It’s a complete yawn fest to run anyways. At least make it worthwhile for alts in some way. Everyone who’s played for any amount of time has all the TW badges they could ever want maybe put some new rewards out for that, cosmetic, mounts, pets etc.

Guessing you don’t know you get credit for the TW dungeon quest by killing 5 bosses in the TW Black Temple run. I picked up 4 upgrades last night, from a single full clear.

1 Like

You should just do the TW raid for much better rewards in a much shorter time.
Doing dungeons for TW is doing it wrong atm.

2 Likes

… Not everything has to be overly rewarding.

I have the Timereaver, It’s RNG plain and simple.

Relax.

it is pretty ironic that gacha games are more rewarding then world of warcraft

gacha games at least have badluck protection.

wow though? nah. grind for the item u want for a literal decade because quirky 20 year old game design.
enjoy… i guess?

Go and do M+ if TW is too boring for you.

TW is fine. It’s chill. People like it for that reason. If you want a challenge, go somewhere else. Stop trying to ruin TW with your “WoW has to be hard” nonsense.

You’re not forced at all. Also, you can do 5 BT raid bosses for the weekly. You can do the whole BT raid to effectively get 2 rewards. Maybe do that. Or just do Normal NP.

Yeah, the scaling really is broken. Getting two-shot by trash is not fun.

Yeah and this is a terrible change. Why? Blizzard is completley invalidating people who spent time getting TW-specific gear, which can make a big difference.

They’re replacing it with XP-locked twinks who will farm the exact same gear.

Yeah, this is a giant fail. DF TW dungeons dropped Adventurer gear. TWW TW dungeons should do at least that. That’s what Heroic TWW does.