Timewalking Dungeons: Boring, Unrewarding, and a Complete Waste of Time

I’m glad to see this is happening to other tanks, I thought my blood DK must have been nerfed into oblivion when I was having to use defensive cooldowns on every trash pack to stay alive while the bosses melted from me sneezing on them.

I really only run them for 2 reasons these days.
1 is trying to get that dang dragon mount
2 is leveling alts

It is a bummer the gear that drops isn’t great, last night I did a few and got 554, which is way lower than my current gear, and it’s not even warband bound, so just vendored it. Heck, not even getting transmog gear anymore. So yeah, leveling alts and trying for that elusive dragon is about it anymore, sadly.

If you don’t do Timewalking Black Temple this week, you are gimping yourself, plain and simple. The entire raid is faceroll. The bosses drop Champion loot and the cache is Heroic.

Chop chop.

here are my 2 tanks so you can see my gears:
my main favorite to play: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/area-52/daestalker

and my alt that just messing around with: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/uldaman/daekitew

My only problem with Timewalking is… they’re running Timewalking this soon into the expansion. Not only TW dungeons but a TW raid.

On two characters, I just crafted 599 weapons. It took a little work and felt like an accomplishment.

And of course, on both characters after running Timewalking (namely Black Temple) this week I received much more powerful upgrades for these weapons. They were instantly replaced by gear that was a higher ilvl AND had upgrade capabilities that will probably take me through this entire season.

Unrewarding? Hardly.

So, these 599 crafted pieces I felt pretty special about saw maybe 12 hours of actual use and will now sit in my bags until they can be recrafted with the next tier of gear where I might hold onto them a bit longer.

Timewalking maaaaybe could have waited a few more weeks?

i mainly use tw to level alts, dont care about the gear that will be replaced immediately after i hit 80 on that char.
i dont mind doing the raid for the pinata.

this was a great time to have tw so i can level more alts quickly

That’s actually really disappointing. I get their reasoning, but part of the fun for me was building tw sets and smashing the dungeons.

I’m glad they’re easy. Go do m+ if you want a challenge. That’s exactly what that system is for.

I remember when ppl got mad when you couldnt blast through twing

Pendulum swinging the other way now?

TW dungeons take, at most, 10-15 minutes to complete each.

I don’t know of a single person that does timewalking for anything other than leveling alts, at this point.

Shhhh. Don’t tell him about black temple.

1 Like