Timewalking Changes: RIP Timewalking Sets 11.0.5 Changes

11.0.5 PTR changes:

RIP our Shadowmournes and other old legendary items we would use for timewalking runs to have fun and being OP with. You will be missed.

31 Likes

fun detected, fun nerfed

39 Likes

So they wanna make timewalkers take 30mins again instead of 10? We had them at this difficulty at one point, and it was AWFUL. Everyone hated it. Gotta put us back on the shareholders time spent playing right?

15 Likes

Thats lame. Was looking forward to using “Did someone say?” in vanilla stuff.

4 Likes

Lol I guess Blizzard didn’t appreciate folks mowing through them.

They always gotta slow everything down in this game. >:(

3 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t appreciate people mowing through ANY of their content.

9 Likes

It seems more likely that they’re trying to design the game to be friendly to new and returning folks who didn’t obtain some of the powerful items like the MoP cloak or the WoD ring.

As long as they’re not tedious, I see no issue with this, although it was fun to faceroll things.

I think that I just stopped liking difficult content in this game, and it’s crazy to see that there are a lot of others as well. So hopefully they don’t make TW any harder than, like, a normal or something. Especially since the rewards for these things suck.

6 Likes

Well, it looks like the developers collectively got together and decided to smack down any ideas people may have had or were throwing around on the old internet about using old sets to trivialize content. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Does seem like they are trivializing gear acquisition though, with these kind of changes. A dangerous thing for them to do.

1 Like

Rip heart of azeroth

4 Likes

Who cares if people were doing them in 10 min??? DOSE IT EVEN MATTER?
its old dungeon’s that people did for years.
its not like your spamming these for current level gear!!! Its for transmogs and the weekly quest that dose not give you gear. Mabe a crappy gold farm at best. There way better dungeons to run outside of timewalking to farm gold on.

What a disgrace.
LET PEOPLE PLAY YOUR GAME THE WAY THEY WANT TO IF IT DOSE NOT EFFECT OTHERS.

9 Likes

so HoA is useless in TW now?

1 Like

I havent tested but yes your gear will not scale if this works the way i think it does.

:point_up_2: THIS!

4 Likes

Is this only for the 20th anniversary event (november to december) ? or for everything?

Yeah the whole 1% who bother to twink out for Time Walking dungeons will be upset.

Meanwhile I’m happy if this means I don’t have to redo my rogue’s poisons every freaking dungeon.

7 Likes

Not sure why people are acting like this is going to “slow down content.”

At most it’ll make TW the same as Normal dungeons which are still speedy gonzalez and done in less than 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Through timewalking? With how terrible the gear in them is they’re hardly worth doing at max level.

1 Like

Everything

So instead of 8 minutes it’ll take 9 minutes to clear a TW now. The horror.

5 Likes