Timerunning Tanks Denying TW Dungeon Credit To Players

1. Tank runs through dungeon without trying to hold aggro because they’re indestructible
  2. Dps/Heals die due to mechanics / unavoidable aggro
  3. Tank never stops for rez so party members have to release
  4. Tank solo finishes dungeon before party members catch up
  5. Party members get no loot and no credit toward their 5 TW dungeons

Figure out how to stop these tanks, please. The rest of the party matters too.

27 Likes

Fun fact, if you don’t spam heals and damage as the tank is pulling

You won’t pull mobs

56 Likes

-Tank yourself
-Have a friend tank.
-Group with like minded players.

Etc

Etc.

6 Likes

Also: if you get into a pug group with a DH tank, just leave. It ain’t worth tryin’ to keep up. LOL

10 Likes

Doesn’t address the issue. Some deaths are unavoidable, and if you don’t know it, then this isn’t the thread for you.

2 Likes

It does. I just spammed Timewalking for three days to level from 60-70 as a Fury Warrior. When a tank wants to chain pull, you do nothing but follow. I have never been stopped by a mechanic that will kill me.

14 Likes

TW Black Temple makes running dungeons utterly obsolete.

They’re doing it for the weekly cache.

You can get the cache killing 5 black temple bosses. Says so in the quest. It’s leagues faster than doing 5 dungeons.

10 Likes

Oright. Well, I know I’ll be running the dungeons for gear. Because I don’t have any gear comparable.

My Tank is a Pally, I’m pretty much slow crawling through a dungeon. Generally if I join a run as DPS, and the group has a monk or dh for a tank, I bail. Never had good experiences with those guys.

Yeah, Pally tanks have been taking it steady and well in those dungeons. DHs and Monks are just gone. LOL

3 Likes

If you cue for the dungeon you will get credit for completing it; I wound up chasing a group through a half completed blood furnace and didn’t even get a chance to cast a spell wihile playing shadow priest and I still get loot from the bosses and such.

2 Likes

Oh, then yeah. Good source of early gear since there’s no ilvl restriction like DF heroics.

1 Like

They’re not. If the tank grabs agro and just drags everything to the end (because let’s face it, thats just funny) and you dont attack until that end, you won’t die early. You can’t, unless you fall off a cliff or something. What “unavoidable death” are you running into if you’re not damaging the mobs the tank is wrangling?

4 Likes

They’re obviously jumping the gun and aoeing as soon as they can get to a mob, and then complain when they rip aggro in one global.

4 Likes

As a hunter, I just sit back for a moment and see what kind of tank we have. If they keep running after the first 2 packs, we have a “gather all and nuke”, if the tank dies during that first big pull we either have a tank whos eyes were bigger than its belly, or a healer that couldn’t quite keep up.

If the tank lives, it’s going to be a fast run.

In these TW runs, I think we are past the point of “Hey Tank - read the room”.

1 Like

Step 1: Be healer

Step 2: Stay out of combat if tank is dumb

Step 3: Let tank die instead of getting healer aggro

Step 4: Point and laugh

In this situation if the tank doesn’t die then neither will you. If they do die then you get to point and laugh.

3 Likes

Wild to me how folks here will address absolutely anything but the actual problem here: unkillable tanks built for speed runs who leave their parties behind.

I hear a lot that “this is an MMO”. Nobody here can explain to me how the behavior I’m describing is consistent with the design philosophy of an MMO. Just a bunch of excuse-making and victim-blaming and it’s wild.

16 Likes

Well, no. To be fair casters and ranged mobs often times take potshots at anyone on their aggro table, even if they’re at the very bottom. That forces the healer or DPS to have to heal after a point, which in turn draws the ire of everything else.

Yes, usually it’s a matter of someone jumping the gun and attacking early, but not always. And there are other annoyances from tanks pulling like that anyway even if they hold 100% aggro, like when you have multiple mobs who have unavoidable AoE.

5 Likes