Time to nerf some heroics such as Blood Furnace

It makes no sense that i can tank SSC and TK bosses with ease in full T5, but i still get owned in Heroic Blood Furnace.

It is time to nerf crazy overtuned Heroics such as Blood Furnace.

6 Likes

no

4 Likes

People were clearing H BF in their pre raid Bis. If you can’t do it in T5, that’s a personal issue you should look into.

23 Likes

you can tank ssc and wear full t5 as a level 14 gnome warlock?
im impressed

1 Like

There’s definitely a handful of heroics where the difficulty is way out of line with the rewards. H BF, H Arc, H SL, OHB are just not worth the effort even as the daily to bother with, especially as a tank/healer. At least H Sethekk has a mount now.

1 Like

This is why i don’t mess with most Heroics unless it’s for a guildie. Bunch of work for no good loot, with time wasted for a dungeon that doesn’t matter.

It is what it is though, they won’t nerf it.

1 Like

I think there needs to be some incentive to run the more difficult ones like Blood Furnace.

3 Likes

The answer to BF and mama tombs is not to do them

I did heroic BF last night and it was nowhere as hard as I remembered. We did it with a warrior tank, holy pally healer, hunter, and two locks. We were mostly t4 equipped, nothing crazy with gear.

Found out you can enslave the imps in the first room and they hit for about 3-4k non crit with their pyros, was a pleasant surprise lol. In the room with the summoners we would let them summon a demon and enslave it, the seductress was the most useful because she can CC and still hits for 1-2k with her auto attacks.

When we got to borrak’s gauntlet we focused on CC, hunter laid down a frost trap to slow them and the warlocks played fear olympics, between the two fears, my succubus, two howl of terrors, and netherweave nets the gauntlet was laughably easy. Each wave I marked all the orcs so we could communicate better on who is fearing what, it was a massive success.

After that the rest of the instance is a joke. So in the end I think Heroic BF really comes down to a L2P issue. If you are bad and go in with a bad group comp you are gonna get rolled.

1 Like

This.

Sounds like OP forgets you aren’t intended to blindly aoe and steamroll everything.

Would be nice if they nerfed these or buffed rewards but it’s probably not happening. Their attention has clearly shifted away from us and over to their precious season of mastery. Just glad I got my trials done so I don’t have to worry about them anymore.

You must be bad, had a prot war in pre bis tank that place with no problems.

1 Like

I prefer this current difficulty to how Wrath and onward does heroics, tbh.

They are trials for a reason. You’re not supposed to breeze through it like a wotlk heroic you casual.

1 Like

I don’t think a 5man should be harder than a 10m or 25m. You awkwardly use the word “casual” to describe this. I would just call it logical. But I also said they could increase the rewards, a point you apparently missed. The heroics all have similar rewards, but some are much harder than others. Maybe that makes sense to you, but it sure doesn’t to me, but probably not most others.

Realistically, a raid can carry those lacking with less trouble.

Badges.

People don’t know they want them right now, but they will.

The harder heroics do not reward more badges than the easier heroics, so that is a moot point. If you want badges, you farm the easy heroics, not the hard ones. Even when those get the daily bonus, most people still don’t want to do them.

2 Likes

Hold up. You mean to tell me there’s enough players on your server to run a 5 man dungeon? Must. Be. Nice.

4 Likes

Why would you even bother doing blood furnace lol

Lol, this is begging for a bunch of “git gud” responses.

H BF is doable in blues. Pay attention, use CC and thinkgs are fine.

3 Likes