Time to get rid of rez sickness?

Here’s a handy tip to avoid a graveyard rez that i used recently when i got stuck in terrain and so, i think that it still works:

Especially the ** Teleport to Graveyard ** part.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/32275

I am not sure now, but I know in Vanilla you could use GYs to jump past certain areas and mobs if you were doing a death run?

I think it’s just balance to deter people from always rezzing at a GY (maybe a GY that is very convenient). I honestly can’t remember the last time I felt the need to rezz at a GY other than a death run on Classic, so I don’t know that it’s really a huge deal.

1 Like

yeah, i remember when it got implemented, and in vanilla I totally understood the purpose behind it, but we’re long past that by now.

2 Likes

Dying in Orgrimmar is the most painful thing ever, I have to walk like 30 minutes back to my body.

I don’t know if we are. If they remove rezz sickness then maybe GY hopping will become the thing.

I remember the first time I got rez sickness. I got it because I fell off a cliff and drowned as a pre cata Forsaken. I learned very quickly to try to avoid dumb deaths.

It still fulfill its purpose.

1 Like

I have better idea lets bring Boswandi death trolling back again :rofl:

Stormwind for us Horde

1 Like

Yes that’s why I leave my fellow horde rogues alone when they’re killing our auctioneer in SW, because it’s for the greater good.

Turn off warmode?

Yeah those repair bills are a slap in the face. They should literally get rid of them too!

Who dies while leveling these days? Who dies and needs to take rez sickness on top of that? I feel this is a teachable lesson not just in Wow, but in life.

1 Like

You just described why, despite liking EQ’s world and races better than this one’s, I didn’t even last three months in it before I finished school, lost interest in MMOs for a few years, then came back to this, and I’ve been here 13 years.

Losing an entire night’s grind (hard grind with other people who you couldn’t always find) to my poor connection (always lagged out when I discovered more than 1 monster at a time, like it wanted me to die) was more than anyone should put up with. I actually toyed with buying the pen and paper version of the game afterward because I did like the world, unfortunately it didn’t look up to standards so I never messed with it, just carried fond Iksar memories and called it a day.

The other day I spent probably 10 minutes looking for a small cave entrance to retrieve my corpse through. I’d have just ressed at the spirit but who does that? 1/4th durability is a lot of gold, I’d be fine with that, that’s still a meaningful decision, just not the mandatory 10 minutes useless. That practically guarantees no one will ever use the spirit healer for its intended purpose, to make coming back a bit easier, but only when they need to because their body fell in a crevasse, in which case it just sucks and is penalizing a player who may not have any other choice but to take it.

1 Like

It’s supposed to. It’s a punishment for dying a ton and not going back to your corpse. :man_shrugging:

but why should the punishment be “you aren’t allowed to play for the next 10 minutes” instead of just “pay this hefty repair bill”

dying sucks enough as it is, paying the repair bill on 1/4 durability loss sucks even more. actively preventing you from playing is just bad design.

it is literal time gating of content as punishment. which I thought everyone agreed time gating of any sort is a bad thing.

1 Like

Because repair bills are useless, gold in game is meaningless.

If you find yourself having to take rez sickness then you’re doing something wrong.
Maybe those 10mins should be spent traveling to a different area, or looking up a guide, or finding someone to help you. You’re not restricted from playing the game.

So for example enemy faction raided your city,town ,place or whatever. You killed them and then you want them to just take rez and come back right away with full hp bar and fresh gear?

I personally hate not being able to rez because my corpse is on top of the building or whatever, this is pain truly. If they can increase rez radius then everyone would be happy.

^this.

Turn off warmode if you can’t deal with pvp. In the past players who can’t deal with wpvp shouldn’t have played on a pvp server. It’s that easy.

:woman_shrugging:

Wasn’t my point.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s actually AD&D, but I fully agree with this.