Time to get rid of rez sickness?

The thing that annoys me the most while leveling alts is daze, but rez sickness is annoying if you die in a place where you can’t easily get your body back.

These are mechanics that work fine in Classic WoW where the overall pace of the game is slower and you have regular down time anyway.

However they feel archaic in modern WoW where leveling feels like a rush to get to max level. Stuff like this just breaks the pace of it.

and if being able to move around too quickly is such a concern, I can think of a few other things they should be worried about before people using graveyard rezzing.

2 Likes

Hello I love to tab out and auto fly in one direction completely forget what i was doing in game to find out i’m dead way out of map bounds and making it to where reviving is impossible. Thus i afk for 10 more mins :frowning:

1 Like

No you cant you have to be pretty close to your corpse to ress.

2 Likes

They work fine in modern WoW too. Stop running through mobs or letting them hit your back to avoid daze. Sometimes a straight line isn’t the best path to an objective.

Rez sickness exists to encourage players to return to their bodies. If you wind up dying some place unreachable, use that as a lesson in learning environmental arwareness.

Not that close and you are able to use obstacles. Try rezzing and pressing whatever hotkey you have set for a flying mount.

Rez sickness still serves a purpose. Dying isn’t suppose to be enjoyable or something to be used to your advantage.

3 Likes

That’s not what I was saying at all. Not even close, actually.

1 Like

I know there are ways to mitigate it, but it still all feels out of place in modern WoW given the pace of the game. Especially while leveling.

The thing is that running through a pack of mobs often IS the best path to an objective. Even if they daze you it’s not like they’re going to be a threat because most mobs while leveling are an absolute joke anyway.

It’s hardly the end of the world that it’s in the game, but at this point it’s an annoyance that doesn’t actually add anything to the game. It does in Classic, but not in BfA.

Not unless they want to start making other changes to how the game plays while leveling(which I wouldn’t be opposed to).

Just don’t die. You can’t have rez sickness if you never have to rez.
At least it’s not like FF14 where you get Weakness even from player rez

1 Like

res sickness is fine.

seems like you just need to stop dying so much.

3 Likes

Dying isn’t very punishing In WoW as it currently stands so you want to make it even easier?

3 Likes

It doesn’t happen often to me but when it does it’s a guarantee I’m switching to a different character if not logging off all together.

That said I don’t care if it stays or goes. I don’t play war mode so I rarely find myself having to take it.

No, it punishes people for dying. Which there should be a punishment for so people avoid doing it. Otherwise it becomes a cheap way to bypass using a hearthstone

2 Likes

Honestly, I can’t really think of any functional reason for resurrection sickness anymore.

Maybe once upon a time a long, long time ago, it had some purpose, probably something to do with open world, world bosses? But these days I don’t really see a functional reason for it.

2 Likes

Time is money, friend, and death already costs you in repairs.

2 Likes

Rez sickness feels “outdated” to me in that it was supposed to be a middle ground between hardcore EQ “your corpse has all your stuff in it.” and something like Quake. These days WoW has nothing to prove to EQ players who don’t want to touch something that’s too “carebear”, and games with FUN death penalties like Dark Souls exist now.

2 Likes

Sounds like PvP happened.

Just turn off WM. Or go get yourself a beverage and learn not to rez immediately.

Having WM on while leveling doesn’t give you immunity from those higher leveled that you.

/thread

1 Like

nope, nothing at all to do with pvp. the incident that sparked this one actually was getting hit by a badly timed knockback and falling down a cliff into an area where i couldn’t get my body back, so had to GY rez and even though the quest was done and turned in, I had to sit around doing nothing for 10 minutes, so killed time by pointing out what an outdated stupid mechanic it is.

2 Likes

How many times have you had this happen to you?

2 Likes

small handful over the years, but the point isn’t the exact details about what happened, its that forcing someone to not play for 10 minutes if they need to GY rez is just a bad game mechanic with no real benefits besides “punishing people for dying”. is it game breaking, no, can it be avoided, sure, but if its a frustration that doesn’t benefit the game in any way anymore. why not remove it?

3 Likes

This is retail, we don’t leave things in the game just because they have nostalgia value or make you feel more HaRdCoRe.

5 Likes

Well I’ll take the 10 minutes over a 20 minute corpse run to get my gear back, 50% xp debt with 10% penalty to stats until debt paid off plus having to get my spirit shard to recover some xp lost. But yep due to how WoW it is just a simple annoyance and nothing more.

P.S. Good time to sneak in a couple of pet battles

1 Like