Time to beg for arms warrior buff

Arms is to warrior as sublety is to rogue.

There’s nothing wrong with having a complete spec tuned to pvp.

Go fury and get it done!

1 Like

I hear affliction warlocks, unholy death knights, and holy paladins are pretty good in PvP.

Why do those specs get to be god tier in both while arms is relegated to “PvP spec” status to justify it having the lowest PvE dps in the game?

idk that this is true, but arms is absolutely amazing in PvP!

I’m not sure if you’re trolling here, or if you are advocating that all specs across all classes perform all roles equally well across all content.

I’m just wondering why some specs get to be really strong in PvE and PvP, while some specs are left in the PvE dumpster because they are strong in PvP. Warlocks’ 3rd best spec is as good as warrs’ best (and not bad in PvP either?), and their best spec is also their best PvP spec.

You mean majority of talents in the same tree, or same point allocation?

For one, we’re getting a version of the game with the last-patch talent changes to characters, but gearing progression of the OG cycle. It’s likely that they designed and implemented buffs and changes to classes and specs originally based on data at the time.

I’d be very doubtful that it has ever been a design goal or intention to have all classes capable of performing at the exact same levels across all content in any given combination of talent points. So that very much means that there will be some variation, and some combinations of classes and talent point allocation will perform better in some situations than others.

I don’t think it’s very reasonable to assume that a DK should perform equally well in a DPS role while having most talent points allocated into the Blood tree, for example. We can also pretty safely assume that careful selection of talent points into talents that will increase DPS situationally according to the type of encounters you are expecting to deal with will lead to better overall DPS output than a random assignment of talent points, generally speaking.

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re even on about. Arms can’t get buffed because it’s a “PvP spec” and yet a good PvP spec like feral has received buffs in PvE, where it was already much, much better than arms. Nobody’s saying you should be able to throw your talent points whatever and perform exactly the same in all content. I have no idea where that even came from.

1 Like

Well, I’m not on about:

That’s absolutely not a point that I’ve made.

Not really. Feral had a playstyle that Blizzard didn’t like, so they made some snap changes terrorizing the feral playerbase unnecessarily. Fortunately, they quickly reverted one of the changes they made that had been ninja-patched. Feral wasn’t given a buff, rather Bearweaving was made undesirable. This is a distinction that is noteworthy.

Rather than “buff arms warriors,” how about “revert all changes to ferals,” please.

Well, what exactly is it that you are asking? And what is it based on? So what if some talent point allocations perform worse in some content than others?

Yeah, it’s a point Blizzard made. Do you even know where you are right now?

And are you sure that’s not a point you’ve tried to make? Because it kind of seems like it when this is your first reply to asking for arms PvE buffs.

Except they were buffed, significantly, in the process?

I’m asking why arms (and sub and frost too, but at least their other specs are really good) being terrible in PvE is justified by it being a “PvP spec” while some of the absolute best PvE specs are also top PvP specs.

1 Like

Link, please?

It isn’t.

If you said something like, “Man, I really prefer the Arms tree and playstyle over Fury. I wish it performed better in PVE.” I’d say something like, “Yeah dude; I totally agree. I’ve never been a fan of Fury, but it was pretty decent in Classic era!”

But that’s not what you’re saying. You seem to have some narrative that arms cannot get buffed because it’s strong in PVP according to Blizzard.

I don’t think you’ve either established that that’s the case, nor that there is any case to be made why some specs should be buffed. We also are literally just starting this phase. Let’s see how things play out over the next few weeks as we get some different gear and stats to play around with.

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/wow-classic/tools/blue-tracker/t/eu/428913/

“All of these specs also have traditionally been viewed as PvP specs, and we are very leery to shift the meta in PvP while chasing a buff to PvE. This is why we went the direction we did for Retribution; as the impact to PvP shouldn’t be large.”

Not getting buffed because it’s a PvP spec. Because it’s totally impossible for them to buff a spec in PvE only lol

Arms is worse in PvE than sub, frost, and BM, and those other classes also have better specs available to them. If feral and ret can get buffs, arms should too.

Arms is not going to magically be a decent spec.

1 Like

From the same quote,

Also, to note, what you’re quoting is absolutely not a thread about why warriors aren’t being buffed, but rather why they felt it was reasonable to buff PVE DPS paladins. Context is somewhat meaningful here, and this is not Blizzard stating that

OK, firstly there’s the question of “So what?” which sort of supersedes any other questions. Whether this is true or not, doesn’t particularly matter if there’s no reason whatsoever established that any class or spec should be buffed.

Go ahead and revert the changes to feral. This is 100% not a reason to buff arms.

HAHAHAHAH

no dude arms is literally bottom dps till the end of the game

Arms does NOT need to be changed, it is in an amazing state for PVP.

if you balance it for PVE youre gonna probably screw over all the people who actually use the build for its intended use - PVP

if you want to PVE arms, good for you, but you can literally just get a second 2h and do more damage. Stop griefing your raid and if you want to be arms do it in arena.

DONT TOUCH ARMS

I agree. Unbuff Feral…

I never specified PVE or PVP did I?

almost every other class in the game has a more viable spec than arms being shown in the logs for arena for example. on top of that many of the top specs in pve are also top specs in pvp so why not give arms the same typa love? the logic would be fine if per say dks warlocks priests rogues (aside from sub somewhat but it still has much higher dps than arms) palidan etc were all not that great however, that’s not the case. in the top 200 dps there are ard 20ish warriors and every other top pvp spec is more represented. i dont understand what you keep saying about pvp. it doesnt have to top the meters but it shouldnt be doing 50% of the dps of another spec with the same gear/weapon???

Blizzard should of never touched balance, its classic 15 year old expansion, let all the cry baby warcraft log people that literally do nothing but raid log go back to retail and just ignore balance whiners.

imagine asking for balance changes to classic era, so cringe.

To be fair I don’t think Arms was ever good DPS in raids up until this point in the game history. Don’t understand why you aren’t dual specing Fury since meters are obviously important to you.

It’s 2023. Blizzard can make changes that affect PvE but not PvP lmao

Yeah people are running out of glyph spots.

They can but we have YET to see a buff for (PVE ONLY) on classic.

Arms is fine right where it is, blizzard doesnt have the moxy to do pve and PVP balancing coding without just crutching on glyphs. Which people are running out of.

If you break arms, youre gonna have a horrible time in PVP, and it is the main viable spec for PVP atm.

Just grab another 2h and do more damage. Warrior sucks till end of P3 anyway

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.