Time to balance the game around 1v1

Today I dropped 280k bolts in a random BG and this is a common occurrence. Destro warlocks can wipe 3-4 people by themselves every 2.2 minutes and it is pretty much guaranteed. The problem, like almost every problem in a random BG, is that the vast majority of players in randoms are terrible.

1 Like

Warrior doesn’t play much differently than rogue. Open up with a conflag into an immolate, root again, bolt and cancelcast to juke the incoming reflect. Warrior might stun instead, oh well big deal still pulled the CD. Warrior comes in to hit you with charge after this. Use seduce, warrior may trinket, if he does you use fear and pull berserker rage. Build a few shards and eat just a bit of damage then coil him, bolt him. Wait for DR to come off for fear and refear and bolt since now he can’t stop it. Juke accordingly. Fury presents a bigger problem because they heal so much. You want to build distance but also want to limit charge healing from bloodthirst. You try to save coil for his wall to lower his healing. It’s not rocket science and since crucible items were nerfed it isn’t nearly as bad. The biggest thing is trying to pull that berserker rage with a half or quarter DR fear and doing so instantly after the seduce as to reduce the downtime between that available CC the next go around.

Good warriors will banner fears properly or leap behind you tp stop bolt. I’ve seen some really good plays by warriors, but ultimately without the crucible gear they dont hold up well in 1v1.

Mop a lot of specs could 1v1 the others. Some specs like frost dk didnt have a chance against a lot, but for the most part every class had a dps spec that could 1v1 the other classes.

1 Like

So if you dont have 3s experience you shouldN’T have a say in pvp as a whole.

This thread is about pvp balance not garbage 3s.

Edit: You 3v3 people just make me angry. ENGLISH HARD

1 Like

First thing that needs balanced is the DPS and Tank self healing it needs to go away dps and tanks can out heal healers.

Okay, one more time for the people in the back.

I duel constantly outside Orgrimmar and the people who always lose make egregious errors and pretty much all play the exact same way never utilizing their full tool kit. If these players knew how to play their specs properly they wouldn’t complain as much.

People who are skilled in 3v3 have much better understanding of class interaction than other players and know what to do in x/y/z situation. Random BG players that have no high end experience are like the congressmen who brought in a snowball to disprove climate change. Whether you agree with climate change or not, you can still see how stupid an argument against it that was.

My comment has nothing to do with skill.
The comment i reponded to was basically a raider telling a m+ player they have no right to discuss pve balance cause they havent cleared the latest raid.

Yes a skilled arena players is better then a random bg player.
And a skilled bg player is better then a random arena player.

5 Likes

This has less to do with balancing 3v3 and 1v1 and just straight up putting effort in. They could do biweekly small changes instead of doing massive bi patch changes and balancing would be better. Past expansions it was better.

Regardless when you have class diversity it is 100% impossible to get anywhere even close to 100% equality. Look at league and DotA. They have champions that people won’t even touch because they’re garbage tier. It’s just the way things are.

Unless you just give everyone the exact same kit and tell them to go at it. Might as well go play a shooter if that’s what you want.

This is what would happen and it would be insanely boring. If they just put some effort into balancing 3v3 things would be better.

1v1 balancing is a terrible and boring idea.

Lmao but they don’t enchancement shamans suck and resto has been broken for months.

Ah yes, something i have never mentioned but because you hate the idea of balance around 1v1 you decide to imply that i meant i want 100% perfect balance and the only way to be achieved would be making every class the same.

No i never said that, I said that the current balance is HORRENDOUS, especially so for 1v1, bgs, warmode and arenas arent much better, I said that in order to be better balanced than now they should balance around 1v1.

Which means each class should be able to have enough counterplays and skills to deal with most classes leaving skill to be the deciding factor.

That does not mean make every class the same, i never asked for PERFECT balance, i asked for better balance in all aspects of pvp, and that is achievable if they balance around 1v1, it is moronic to have a class have a ton of utility and dcds but leave the other with 1 without giving them any big advantage.

Spec and class identity remains, or i would prefer to call it gameplay identity, some specs could have fewer dcds but more offensive cds, others can have more bursty dps, others more sustained, yet all of them at the end would need to have a chance against the other classes unlike now.

3 Likes

Yea! I beat up any class when I’m better play, and I get owned when my opponent is. So not balanced. Wtf. How dare others play it better.

1 Like

People seem to think that because perfect 1v1 balance is impossible to achieve that they should never even attempt to try and leave the game an unbalanced mess so the 1% of the game population who enjoy rated arenas can turn their brain off and play the same comp and talent setup for the entire expansion.

They’re balancing around a gamemode that requires a completely arbitrary heal debuff and stealth remover as well as a constant LoS object which is completely incompatible with game balance in every other form of PVP.

8 Likes

PvP is actually balanced around 10v10 which is why they added RBG in Cata. They use to post a lot about it on the old old forums.

i dont play threes and i dont like that they balance the game around them

specifically healers

1 Like

I’ve seen this trend lately as well. The only things that should be able to heal are healers, blood death Knights and to a much lesser extent hybrid classes by having to actually cast a heal.

All this self regen and auto heal stuff is wrecking havoc.

1 Like

This game was founded on an rts…

1 Like

Yet this game isn’t an rts, nor a tabletop rpg therefore such a Rock Paper Scissors system has no place.

It had its place in vanilla and throughout the majority of its life until legion/bfa.

I feel like 1v1 is a lot more balanced than you all make it out to be… you’re just not good at it… like AT ALL.

Because it did, doesn’t mean it should, big difference.

Also mop did not, classes were fun and also capable of dealing against other classes leaving skill to be the determining factor instead of ‘my class counters yours’ which is a moronic idea in an mmorpg with wpvp, duels, battlegrounds