Time to balance the game around 1v1

Blizzard’s excuse for the horrendous balance in 1v1, wpvp, battlegrounds etc has always been that the game is balanced around competitive 3v3 arenas.

But how balanced are arenas even these days? Almost always it is a couple of dominant broken comps dominating everything else with a huge disparity in power between comps, the balance is atrocious.

So no, you cannot say that the game is completely ruined in 1v1, war mode and battlegrounds for the sake of 3v3 arenas because 3v3 arenas are not balanced to begin with.

Trying to balance classes in a 3v3 setting not only is hard but it also ruins all the other types of PvP, meanwhile balancing around 1v1 is a lot easier because there are less variables, and if classes are balanced in 1v1, wpvp, bgs and even arenas will be more balanced that they are now. And if some class synergy is that broken in arenas all that would need to be nerfed is the combined synergy so it isn’t as broken when used together without losing its individual class power.

Stop ruining PvP for everyone with the excuse for 3v3 ‘balance’, it is time to balance around 1v1s

18 Likes

Balancing around 1v1 will lead to pretty much what is already there.

No class counters another or countered by another.

All classes have defenses, escapes, closers, heals, etc.

3 Likes

As it should be, all classes should have a fair chance against another so skill becomes the determining factor.

Countering system in an mmorpg is beyond moronic, it is a concept that works in rts, not mmorpgs

4 Likes

In my opinion, not it is not.

If we are all the same…what is the point in different classes?

Differences encourage roles and diversity and teamwork.
Why get a heal if I can heal myself?
I get dps if I can dps it myself?

10 Likes

If you thought balancing was bad around 3v3 and classes have become boring wait till you balance around 1v1 and everyone loses spec identity.

Same defensive timers. Same damage negation. Same amounts of burst and sustained damage. Everyone will need similar amounts of control and self-healing as well.

The thing is, Blizzard isn’t balancing PVP anymore, they just haven’t really. Hell, destro got a 5% damage buff when they were already in the meta this season. Nobody asked for it, and even I can say there was no justification for it in PVP. However, in PVE destro was performing horrendously, hence the buff. RM hasn’t really been touched outside of temp shield becoming 4 seconds in duration rather than 6. This is less or a nerf than it is just a change. If a mage tanks something for 6 seconds and doesn’t evade any damage then they’re getting toasted and probably proccing Cauterize. With it being 4 seconds they’re probably going to get the temp heal before that point. Anyhow, long story short that’s the biggest change we’ve seen all season, kinda bleh.

So when you say this game is balanced around 3v3 when it currently isn’t being balanced around 3v3 you’re just stating something that simply isn’t true. Fire mage is terrible at dueling destro, there is pretty much nothing it can do to win. On the flip side RM destroys destro with little to no outplay required.

With that being said, I’m curious how you think that 1v1 balance can be obtained.

1 Like

It’s literally impossible to balance around 1v1 with how many classes/specs there are.

1 Like

Why is it every time someone is calling for major outrageous changes they have barely any experience in the content they want to change? 15 games in rated 3s…that’s it

No I don’t have any PvP rating but I am not demanding they make a outrageous change because I don’t do rated PvP

10 Likes

Usually because they’re trying to justify their shortcomings. I’d bet my bottom dollar that most players on here think a destro loses 1v1 to most every melee class, especially rogue. They’d be hard pressed to believe that the most complicated duel for a destro is another destro, and the easiest most straight-forward to win is against a rogue.

Destro feels like king of the ring when it comes to 1v1. It has a very good tool kit when employed properly and wins most of its match ups.

Of course there are a plenty of things rogue can do but don’t. They could smoke bomb the initial seduce cast from Succubus when they open, or they could garrote it. They could avoid using shadowstep when I’m sitting on top of my gate waiting for shadowstep and just walk the last bit of distance since I’ve already DR’d roots and fear for the most part by then. They could run away and cloak restealth as soon as I infernal and boringly wait it out and come back to sap me when they get full health. They could blind my wall. Ultimately though, I think warlock still has a good fighting chance if they do all this. Most warlocks though don’t bother employing a succubus here. They may not walk the full distance they can before casting a chaos bolt during seduce. They might not wait till the rogue is furthest away as they can before bolting during a fear. They might not use mortal coil when kick is off-cd.

Long story short, players like OP just don’t know how to 1v1 so they pretend like their class is horrendous.

2 Likes

when you balance the game around 1v1… the game gets worse than it already is

2 Likes

not true, pve and pvp have different spell sets, what your spell does in pve is not what it does in pvp, they can buff pve by any % they want and leave pvp unchanged or even nerf it.

i don’t know everyone’s classes, but uhdks have a lot of our spells nerfed for pvp, virulent plague, eurption, and epidemic only do 50% damage in pvp, and unholy strength only provides 10% str compared to the 15% in pve.

Don’t know about Rogue but I know they lose to Monks !! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Except they didn’t initiate the change to PVE only, they did it to both. I know they have the capability to do so, but they’re not employing it.

1 Like

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/026/169/meme_kid.jpg

Is that a childhood photo of yours ?

9 Likes

idk, i still don’t see destro locks as that OP in bgs. you have to take arena qq about classes with a grain of sand, 90% of arena players think they are elite game masters and the only way they could lose to a particular class is if it is OP. something being objectively OP is usually nerfed if it becomes a problem.

:joy::joy: I’m dying here

3 Likes

While i personally agree with you from what i have seen most of the “arena” player base want a rock, paper, scissors type system. Frankly i guess i would be ok with that as well… what i DONT care for is what we currently have where some classes are rock, some are scissors, some are paper and rock and 1 or 2 are rock paper and scissors.

Curious how you could have this opinion as it has never happened. Never even been remotely close.

2 Likes

I have lost a 1v1 to a destro before. Rarely happens but this guy new his class and i was expecting a chump so i got blown up.
That said based on the specific CC i saw its likely he would have won anyway. Cycling stun’s / roots and fears i could not interupt / reflect that many preped CBs

Nods with a confused look on face

Yes, rogue stab and warlock cast…I see where you are going with this

Nervously Google’s warlock’s abilities

1 Like