Time to admit it.... War Mode is a failure

Just to be clear here, this “bad experience” you’re describing is people enabling warmode, wanting to quest by themselves, and being killed in warmode?

:dracthyr_shrug:
:dracthyr_shrug:

“Being killed in warmode” is overly dismissive of the problem. I have no sympathy to the person who complains about dying even a handful of times when opting into a PVP setting.

But historically in WoW we’ve seen squads that relentlessly hunt down players that are so outgunned as to be essentially a fish in a barrel for hours on end. It’s not an exaggeration to say characters can become completely unplayable as a result of opposing players that are higher level, far better geared, and/or far more numerous.

2 Likes

PvP servers were already a failure.

If they want to make War Mode more explicit, it might help to allow players to hop in whenever they log into a character. A window opens asking if you want war mode or not. The choice sticks to you for a while or until you go to a main hub to (de)activate it.

1 Like

Again, no one is saying to remove rewards from other content. Keep the conversation focused on warmode, not all other game modes. I am not discussing other game modes, I am discussing warmode.

Warmode should be a purely volunteer mode because world PvP was one of those things people just enjoyed to do without needing motivation. Bringing in rewards (which originally had been intended to be compensation in case someone ran into a time consuming situation) was a terrible idea because it attracted people who had no intention on PvP’ing into the mode.

With that, considering you keep making mountains out of mole hills and discussing all forms of content when I am focused on the singular one, I am done responding. Have a good day. It’s fine we disagree on this.

But it does seem like a lot of people discussing right now are complaining about exactly this.

I agree organized griefing like you describe in the second paragraph is an issue, and that’s why I consider the sharding of WM to be a theoretical boon. It just needs a lot of work to functionally be a boon.

I have no clue if that juice is worth the squeeze.

1 Like

You keep quoting yourself thinking that’s having a conversation.

I’ve addressed the things your self-quotes brought up.

Emoji
Emoji

This is literally WPVP since day one.

People would migrate to servers where there faction was “strong” and then grief people endlessly while talking about how awesome WPVP was… until there server was fully flitered and they complained about how they couldn’t find anyone to camp.

1 Like

The longer this thread goes the more I start to understand why XIV has grouping limitations on its funnest PvP mode.

Right. So we’re going in circles here

If blizzard balanced the warmode shards, and tried to place groups in shards against other groups, this type of issue should be minimized.

It will also take people to motivate themselves to join forces and fight back after an initial attack.

No you’re not. You’re talking around them. You outright cut one of them out in your response, and responded to the mentioning of battlegrounds, which was not the subject of the idea. That is why I’m just quoting, because the point you attempt to make has already been

I brought up Battlegrounds because it has a system to address faction imbalance already.

Seems like a relevant topic considering we were all complaining about faction imbalance in warmode.

Don’t people still manipulate queues?

Forgive me, I’m not much of a PvPer.

I don’t know what you’re referring to. Trying to get premades into random unranked BG’s?

Probably.

Yeah. I remember reading it was still an issue, but obviously i have no experience with it, so all I can do is ask.

Maybe, but that is a separate issue entirely.

I’m referring to the mercenary mode or whatever they call it. Let’s say it’s 70 horde for every 30 alliance. Horde can opt in to play “as alliance” so their queue times are reduced.

Perhaps Blizzard can implement a similar system in Warmode.

1 Like

Bringing up battlegrounds is valid. How you responded to it was not.

You responded to this,

Not this,

Guess which part I requoted while responding to you!

The FAILURE of war mode is that it currently functions like battlegrounds. You can’t offer that as a solution. At least while trying to make sense.

Warmode is an ongoing server. Battlegrounds have a beginning and an end, with specific win conditions. If people are on the losing side and dip out, it just means that specific “match” will be over faster. Then you queue again and get placed against an evenly matched team.

Battlegrounds are also not a “shard”

They are not the same thing.

I’ll be honest I always thought it could/would apply in War Mode.

1 Like

Is it called Mercinaries mode? Anyway, that seems like a much better solution than having a buff for the smaller faction on a region wide basis, and then occasionally having that buffed faction be the dominant population on a given shard.

Saw huge threads about this in shadowlands regarding the maw and the entrance to the sanctuary area.