Time Rift on subsequent characters - no awakened cache

Edit: it appears to have been fixed. Still no quest on alts but you get the Cache of Embers off the last boss in the portal as a drop.

The awakened chest is tied to the quest for this and the quest only comes up once per account so any subsequent characters don’t get the cache is this correct?

I have done this on 8 characters and have had no quest on any except the first one I did and it isn’t content related either because my character who did everything doesn’t get the quest. Thanks to Sunbright for the confirmation this is a bug and it should be giving a quest to every character.

4 Likes

That’s for the Time Rift weekly quest. Are you saying credit for the Time Rift part of the Last Hurrah weekly quest requires completion of the Time Rift quest?

The WowHead information for the Last Hurrah quest shows kill credit for the specific end boss, which wouldn’t associate it with the weekly Time Rift chest.

no you get credit you just don’t get the ember cache with the awakened reward for doing it. All the other events so far each character got the gear cache for doing it.

Hmm.

Sounds like Blizzard opted not to change the reward structure for the awakened version of the world events, so if you didn’t get a chest from the world event before, you still didn’t. Which makes Time Rifts a bit of a downer for alts, but it’s not something they promised they would do.

Time Rifts continue to work as they did before, and that’s sufficient for the Last Hurrah weekly.

You may want to post this in another non-Support forum, in the high likelihood that QA will not consider this a bug because it’s continuing to work as originally designed.

Maybe this forum.

They never changed the reward structure but for this one they should have. All the events used to reward you will an epic chest/cache at the end of the event except this one. This one should be changed because I am sure this should be dropping one.

And if blizzard doesn’t consider it a bug so be it but people come here to see what’s working and what isn’t so I am going to keep it here.

7 Likes

“They should have” is almost never a valid bug report. It’s just a player disagreeing with the developers’ choices. Which is where posting in a non-Support forum becomes important. If it’s working as designed and intended, no amount of players being unhappy about it will make QA consider it a bug.

So post in Quests or General Discussion in addition to here, understanding that if you’re not talking to the developers here, you would be there.

You don’t know if it is working as intended or not. If it isn’t a bug, it won’t be changed world content is just so far down on the totem pole, they willingly let people get screwed out of an entire weeks worth of gear last week.

1 Like

I mean, it’s up to you. If it’s not worth hedging your bet, you can live with the outcome, I guess.

I already have pretty low expectations so I’m wouldn’t be surprised if they just did the “meh, good enough” thing.

I do wonder if it is a genuine bug/oversight given that last week, all three world events also gave you a separate cache with loot (soup, dragonbane, and the hunt all had a cache with S4 gear for completion). It’s worth submitting a report over, I think-- the worst that can happen is Blizz blueposts that it’s working as intended.

2 Likes

The worst that could happen is that this doesn’t happen – no communication – but nothing changes, in which case everyone is left wondering if it was indeed intentional, or just a bug they never fixed.

It’s also the most likely thing to happen, because the developers rarely acknowledge bugs or explain decisions like this.

2 Likes

In either scenario, it doesn’t hurt to submit a report if it is believed to be a bug. If enough reports come in, they do address the situation (see Taivan’s size reduction for an example).

1 Like

Indeed.

I’m simply pointing out that only submitting a bug report runs the risk of missing a very real possibility (“this was intentional”) that would be addressed with an additional posting to a feature request feedback forum.

2 Likes

True, I definitely think both are helpful. Especially if it is intentional, in which case Blizz should know that players would like to see a change given the relevance it has to gearing for the season for semi-casuals who don’t dungeon much.

2 Likes

My first character got the Time Rift weekly quest, my second character wasn’t able to get the quest, but now my third and fourth characters have gotten the quest.

My second character is still unable to acquire the weekly quest. I checked back on him after my third character did it.

I have never been able to get more than one weekly quest on any of my characters, I am not sure why.

1 Like

Exactly. I was so confused why this weeks world events weren’t showing up as “awakened” with that teal aura around them.

Same here. I did it on my Mage earlier and I just did it on my Warlock and he was unable to accept the quest from Soridormi.

Earlier today I did this event twice and was able to get the quest both times. I figured this was normal as it’s where the Cache of Embers came from and that’s the whole point.

Just did it on a third character and couldn’t take the quest. No Cache of Embers.

So now the question is which one of my experiences is the bug?

2 Likes

Based on how last week’s Awakened world content worked, I would assume the latter is the bug, but these world events don’t even appear to be Awakened at all. If you look at them on the map they are missing the blue aura that was around Awakened world content last week. And there doesn’t even seem to be an Awakened world boss in Zaralek Caverns like there was in Thaldrazus last week either. Idk what’s going on.

The Zaqali Elders are dropping Awakened Gear.

The only issue there is the one there’s always been. Not getting credit for the kill randomly.

2 Likes