Time limit is probably worst thing about M+ and socialization

You can’t talk to people even if you really want. You must rush&push, as fast as you can. Also don’t fail or you’re an idiot. Also know everything about every mob. Also already have experience in keys even higher than this one.

Why not just let people progress at their own pace like it always was? If it will take two hours for some suboptimal group - just let them, buff their key anyway, who cares. Tie some transmog for highest keys and be done with that

Time limit doesn’t benefit anyone. Time limits are second worst thing in gaming after underwater levels.

135 Likes

Careful, you’ll anger the speedrunners, don’t break their illusion that speedrunning benefits them in life.

57 Likes

Nothing stops them from speedrunning. They’ll do 10 dungeons in 2 hours, while suboptimal group make two. still way more reward and faster progression

12 Likes

Uhh. It doesn’t reward you in real life. Maybe in game, but speedrunning isn’t a profession and just a hobby.

2 Likes

Which is why I’m one of many who has zero interest in doing them at all, and remain mystified why people refer to “your weekly mythic+ cache” as though it was a given that everyone wants to gogogo.

“eSports”. That is all.

58 Likes

Then don’t do the dungeons. and socializing in them isn’t a problem if you use discord or some other voice chat

7 Likes

i’m exactly the same, i’d much rather just do regular mythics

29 Likes

The time challenge aspect is designed to put another level of stress on the player, and involve quick decision making, and swiftly outweighing risks vs reward.

M+ is designed around this gameplay, it’s the entire purpose of it from start to finish.

15 Likes

i want do dungeons. Just not mythic+ dungeons. We survived without time limits before somehow. Absolutely artificial addition.

35 Likes

I gave you a like OP :smile:

5 Likes

I don’t like the timer either, but people shouldn’t be rewarded for beating their face into content they’re clearly not ready for. Sure, give them the 2 pieces of loot for completion, but there needs to be some metric to determine if the key upgrades or downgrades.

Personally, I’m partial to a death limit. If a group wants to go slow, CC things, take a break in the middle, fine, but if they die, say, 25 times total, the key will be downgraded (5 full wipes, could be less if needed).

But that idea probably requires them designing the dungeons with a different means of performance gating. More actual DPS checks built into fight mechanics and stuff like that, rather than good DPS simply making it slightly easier.

13 Likes

One could argue that it’s “purpose” is simply to keep dungeons relevant throughout an expansion. It doesn’t need the timer to accomplish that.

15 Likes

OP, you have the option of forming your own community of players who want to do what you want to do. Trying to force everybody else to slow down and make small talk throughout the dungeons is just not going to have the effect you think it should.

14 Likes

M+ is successful. It turns unrewarding and boring heroic dungeons into endless runs that some players are willing to go repeatedly.

6 Likes

Please do no try to ruin a part of the game you do not understand. There are still opportunities to do what you want.

18 Likes

Mythic+ just looks like a hamster wheel, gear-progression loop.

If e-gaming wasn’t a thing I doubt Blizz would have even bothered with it.

Cheers to all those that enjoy playing it, if it floats your boat then so be it.

13 Likes

I’ve never liked mythic dungeons. I’ve always been a firm believer that dungeons are only a stepping stool in order to get to the meat and potatoes of the game - ie. raiding.

Yeah, I understand I’m old school and people want to have a bazillion ways to gear up. I think that is what is wrong with current WoW. Too much catering to everyone and trying to make everyone happy just creates a large homogenized game.

I know people like transmogs and such, why not just throw all the transmog gear with no stats into things like pet battles? People could obtain that particular piece of pixelated gear without worrying about doing 10, 20 man mythic raiding or what have you.

If they would of created a daily badge currency that you could collect by running certain dungeons I feel like that would of been a better route than having players run a Diablo-esk style dungeon with a timer.

I’m currently not subbed to the game, and I’m just holding out for classic as I’ve lost a lot of faith in the developers direction of where WoW is heading, lore wise and game play wise.

10 Likes

When they were announced and released the ramp up in difficulty and demanding choices put on by both the timer and affixes were prominent with it, not just to remain relevant. It’s an alternate progression path from raiding for difficult content on a smaller player scale.

Removing the timer basically guts the Mythic plus system, as it is a core component for this feature of the game.

If you want untimed dungeons, you can simply do the standard mythics.

6 Likes

when we get mythic+ raids? Raids on time limit would be amazing. They also should completely replace normal raids in terms of loot.

3 Likes

When there are bosses Taking hundreds of attempts just to kill on standard mythic, I doubt they will add a + version.

Take KJ for example, a M+ KJ would probably have been impossible, even at a +2.

1 Like