Time for full quel'dorei/high elf customization on Void Elves

oh ty ty majesty.

hair is white, eyes are purple…well lavender.
just remember as you’re trying to decide whether to use vines or headdress, what color your tats and markings will be and while choosing from your large selection of hairstyles, scars and so on, that after 5 years, void elves have no headdress, or tats, or markings or body tats or scars or necklaces or bracelets and have not received 1 new hairstyle in 5 years.

4 Likes

Ok but serious through. Is it really hard to just ask for variety? Right now in World of Warcraft basically almost every Void Elf that I see pretty much almost looks the same. Not Skin tune wise. They already gotten variety of elves at this point with the dark fallen, void elves and high elves or atleast half elves.

I meant being is Hairstyles, beards, jewelry, and just overall lacking of different shades of hair colors of blonde, orange, and brown. Yea we got Lighter Orange and Blonde Hairs that’s a great start. Through I wished there was a darker shade version of them and could use some Lighter Brown and Blue Hair Colors. Because then after that with some features that the Blood Elves have I personally wouldn’t mind it if the Blood Elf Hairstyles and Void Elf Ones that shared alittle more. I mean so far there’s no spikely hairstyles for the males, no longer ponytail ones for females nor normal looking short haircuts that humans shared with the Blood Elves. Because then after that it’s it. Part from the High Elf features little more with the tattoos and all.

I would like to atleast see Alliance Thalassian Elves developed more besides leaving one to the dust to a another like what happened in BFA and so on. New Faction Reputation for the Void Elves would be nice besides being shared with the Krokul Draenei, Add High Elf looking Buildings but something off like Void inspired, Fix the Heritage Armor to make it look like the actually Blood Mage Hero Outfit if you were going with that kind of style, New Home that is on azeroth, and tons of stuff would be nice to see for the Alliance Thalassian Elves overall besides just only used as props. Because the Void Elves now are being used as Props like the High Elf Ones are now in days specially in DF.

Is it really so hard to ask for something on Alliance High Elves now in days?

6 Likes

I Play Doom. Doom 3 is good but Doom 2016 and Enteral are the Beasts of Gaming.

There was a time when these same exact people used to say that having the blonde hair, blue eyes and normal skin would be enough but realistically nothing is ever enough for them.

4 Likes

well would you be happy if thats all you got while everyone else was getting scars and tats and headdresses and 10 new hairstyles? i bet velfs wont get another thing unless it ugly

6 Likes

If I got exactly what I asked for time after time, yes I’d be happy since I seem to be one of the people that’s left waiting for what I want, Void Elves asked for our blue eyes they got them, they asked for our skintones they got all of them, they asked for our hair colors they got almost all of them, I mean either you people are ungrateful or just selfish and I’m not really sure which one but seriously it’s one or the other if not both.

2 Likes

so because we got skin, hair and eyecolors, we should just not ask for anything else?

6 Likes

I’m not gonna do this back and forth with you all day Hyper, we all know the end goal of people like you is to pretend to be a High Elf on a Void Elf which you can basically do now, if you aren’t satisfied play an actual High Elf on a Blood Elf and since you keep pushing hair/hairstyles are your issue play the better version instead of the wannabe version.

i also wanna pretend i have a decent selection of hairstyles. why ya trying to convince me not to ask for them, when you know we dont have very many

5 Likes

I ignored you previously Hyper and I’m going to do so again because earlier you asked me if I’d be happy with what you’ve gotten and what you’ve gotten is exactly what you’ve requested so I said yes and so in my book the problem here is you not me, take care though because I won’t give you anymore replies.

2 Likes

been requesting more hairstyles for a long time. so if i am getting what ive requested, thatd be awesome. oh and pink hair, and pink sparkly consecration on my new paladin. and some void stuff for the voidy void elves, and kul’tiran, dark iron, vulpera and mechagnome lots of customizations for them. and draenei, panda, blood elves and zandaliris, lots of customizations for them. an apparently maghar orcs are in need also. :grin:

6 Likes

Probably never. Although the idea of an Orc trying to do the same movements as a DH and falling over themselves is amusing.

1 Like

At the end of the day, Blizzard chose to make the lore character at the head of a new Allied Race look visibly High Elf – more than that, they gave her an enormously popular aesthetic in fantasy games (a pretty blonde elven ranger in green), and had her Void corruption function more like the Worgen transformation. They did this following more than a full decade of people wanting, specifically, blue-eyed elves on the Alliance.

And in this situation, it’s the players who are at fault for wanting to lean more into Alleria’s aesthetic? Because that’s where I’m at. I want my perfectly unassuming high elf to explode in Void corruption in combat, with tentacles and N’zoth eyeballs and glowing shadow runes and all the other hallmarks of ugly Voidness, and then to go on looking definitively normal otherwise.

I love the idea of some hideous, evil magic lurking beneath the surface of a race associated with the exact opposite of that. That’s how I, personally, like to approach my Void Elves – and now I’m a little bit closer to that, but still sorely, sorely lacking in customization. But that also means that when Blizzard touches on Void Elves again, I don’t want them to lean fully into the Void or fully into HElves, I want them to do both and make those new options seamlessly flow between Void and non-Void states.

Blue tattoos that glow purple during Entropic Embrace, toggling the tentacle options if you have them disabled? N’zoth’s eye opening on your character’s forehead, on their hands? What we have is rushed and lazy, and I want it to feel complete.

4 Likes

eeek…lol

2 Likes

That’s the idea. :sob: I want it to be scary and gross and to really lean into the cosmic horror, not a throwaway palette change. …But as an option, ofc

thats my alt, lightspeed. anyway, i am an old stick in the mud. i like traditional elves of the tolkien variety. its cool that blizz decided to mix things up, i just wish they hadnt made that decision with our long standing request for alliance playable high elves. lol they always were avant garde about traditional fantasy tropes like dark elves (night elves) who were part amazonian warriors and part dark elves. we have apparently relieved them of the dark elf part. lol we think of void elves as corrupt-a-wish. we ask blizz for thing thats shiny and we get thing that has tentacles and turns purple

1 Like

Haha I can’t really blame you. As much as I love Void Elves, I didn’t especially want HElves before then – so I didn’t feel the same kind of disappointment, and it was probably a little easier for me to lean into the aesthetic Blizzard gave us.

I know where you’re coming from though, I felt the same way with Lightforged / Krokul. I wanted them for years, and then not only did Blizzard make HD Broken on Argus without making a fem model, but we got…holier draenei, woohoo.

At the end of the day I really just want as many options as possible. People here can be weirdly possessive about basic customization features to the point where it’s hard to even discuss wanting new stuff without someone coming in and saying, “No, you’re asking too much from one of the most wealthy and influential gaming companies in the world, how dare you.”

4 Likes

I should really get and play the DLC for Doom Eternal.

I thought Blizzard was an incredibly small indie dev company that barely makes enough to get decent coffee. I’m joking by the way.

Also I agree on the Helf thing. If I wanted the aesthetic I have Blood elves for that but the “true” High Elf fans have aneurysms when I label the faction of Blood elves by their racial name.

NO, only the Alliance affiliated blue eyed Blond hair symbols of utter perfection have the right to be called High elves, those Demon elves are a completely and totally different species from the noble elves who worship peak human potential!

2 Likes

they claimed in the past, as regards ogres, that they didnt want to waste development time on creating playable female races that were ugly as no one would play them, but they know thats not true because we have a wide spread of aesthetically unique but not particularly attractive females.

as i have said in the past, the original vanilla wow races were all exaggerated, irreverent caricatures of traditional high fantasy races - like the humans are jerks and the orcs are heroes. its opposite land. blood elves come along, and they are graceful and pretty…that is till you hear them fight lol but they were the first race to not be a caricature, and their armor fit them, so naturally traditional elf fans were all over that like butter on bread.

1 Like