TIL I can never get Slime Cat Mount

I’ve taken to lighting cooking fires under people riding that mount.

1 Like

I would have tried harder for it had Blizz not change it’s original model

I lost the will to finish this achievement

I personally wanted the nerubian spider mount. But I lost. Oh well. Hopefully they add it in some day.

And I think the gooey saber was second place. But It would be nice to have a red reskin. But blizzard doesn’t do that anymore.

And I couln’t help but want a gooey caterpillar to.

He’ll get re-added to the Trading Post, don’t worry.

Like I don’t understand. There is no such thing as " Prestige" Or “rare” anymore in this game.

And they tend to be hypocritical and biased when they do add rare things to twitch drops or prime gaming or trading post or whatever. We can add this rare thing. But this rare thing. Oh gawd no lool. Ion hazzikostas has that covered apparently.

They never should have added anything rare back into the game in the first place. But they did, so they might as well add everything else to. Makes no sense to make up arbitrary reasons as to why some rare items get a second shot at reappearing again, while others don’t.

And stop adding stuff to the bmah. Add everything to like the twitch dropping.

Oooh, there’s an idea. Bring titles back and put them in the Trading Post.

I feel like Blizzard does reskins/recolors of stuff more than ever these days, just recently they recolored the parrot and the albatross and the frostwyrm…I wouldn’t be too surprised if they did this at some point. Maybe with a different saddle/decorations.

I remember when everyone was mad about the SoO AOTC mount because it was the first good wolf alliance could get…then WoD happened and we got like 8 cross faction wolf mounts.

I hope not then I cannot pull it out once every year to make myself feel like a special snowflake.

You get a +1 because I lowkey dig that song.

This is 2023. Just keep crying louder and harder until you get what you want.

Yah they still do it, but it is incredibly rare. Wod was really the last time they went all out.

I don’t really remember missing out on anything in that expansion mount wise. There was always a reskin alternative. Except for the raid drops and stuff like that.

What was really frustrating about the gooey slime cat was that it was on alpha worded in a way that made it seem that season 4 of shadowlands would require LFR mode to get it. They pulled a fast one and irritated folks. Myself included. I don’t know why they waited until the last minute to put heroic upwards for the achievement to aquire it.

It wasn’t even a prestigious model either. It was part of the community vote thing we had, but the tree had more votes. I do honestly feel like the gooey slime saber should have been easier to obtain. Shadowlands was just so bad. You had two fomo mounts already for hardcore players. There was the gnomish one and another one for ahead of the curve. So why couldn’t the green cat be given to everyone. Season4 of shadowlands had nothing for casual players.

I honestly truly feel like it should have been easier to get. Hardcore players already had 2 before that. There was that gnomish one, and that other one for ahead of the curve in shadowlands. I will have to research more, but I do remember there being 2 mounts obtainable at the end of shadowlands that casual players couldn’t even touch. And the gooey slime saber was pretty tough also for a casual player.

Mounts and pets might not be content. But it is stuff that people shoot for. They play the content to get those items from that content. I do believe casual players got shafted in the last season of shadowlands though.

They should never remove content from the game. I still find it stupid. I can’t farm zg for the tiger anymore. I gotta bid billions of gold on the BMAH now for it. Like if BMAH counts as new content. Then it is the worst content ever made in the history of wow.

I don’t really agree, they’ve reskinned multiple mounts just this expansion, including previously very hard to get ones. In shadowlands and BfA they put out multiple bat reskins of what used to be a store exclusive model. Unicorn recolors have exploded. Almost anything that’s not a store mount has a bunch of recolors from the get go (worm mounts, craw mounts, snail mounts, you name it…)

If anything I think they like reskinning and recolors because it milks more mounts out of one model which is less work than making a ton of unique ones. I wouldn’t necessarily say I expect them to reskin the slime cat but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

We are getting more store mounts than ever tho and those are a lot more rare to reskin.

1 Like

I think that’s absolutely fair to do. You Americans earn a minimum wage, have an absolute perverse system behind university fees, internships aren’t paid, you have a really bad health care and so on, so why should you also suffer in your free time and not be able to enjoy the little what you have?

Not that I disagree with you, but we’ve got very little evidence of “the items will come back regularly” so far. I think only like 1 item has been brought back so far? Basically it’s kinda a situation of waiting to see just how long is “regularly” at this point, and will Blizz favour certain things over others?

Still, as long as they do rotate in every now and then, then that already makes trading post better than the vast majority of Blizz promotions

It will be regularly rotating once they run out of unused skins in the backlog. It’s not a sustainable system to keep throwing in entire inventories of genuinely new and “new” items every month. Even the former is a stretch, like the class items, as they can be reasonably assumed to mostly be discarded Legion and BfA assets.

The strategy is to bulk the catalogue as much as possible so that eventually each month will have a healthy rotation of returning items, and only 1-2 new pieces that had to be made from scratch.

Several items have come back, especially in the August’s trading post.

Absolutely - but to be fair, the developers are not professional enough to make this thing a smash hit either. Too many holes, not enough feedback gathered and way too slow in adapting to the requests. It took them three months to increase the tender-income and offerings.

Not professional enough, simply put. I’m sure in FF14 this would have been a thing within a month.

Oh, for sure, they’ll come back, but just how many unused skins and transmogs does Blizzard have? They’ll run put for sure, but if it ends up being a year or more before they run out of these unused skins and start rotating proper, I wouldn’t call that regular.

But don’t mind me, these are just idle musings. It’s still kind of to be seen how rotations will work, and even beside that, trading post has still been an overall net positive to the game - so long as Blizzard doesn’t start overly monetizing it, but that is an entirely different subject.

That’s the estrogen pills talking.