Tiffin Wrynn in Shadowlands

I know this is going to be a big NO since I heard the writers don’t venture around the forums that much. (I wonder why haha).

However, we’re about to go to the Shadowlands and meet all of these super cool historical figures from warcraft lore. I recall Ion mentioned Draka, mother of Thrall, a woman we met in the Warcraft movie.

So, given that we get to meet thrall’s mother. Can we please meet Anduin’s mother? I know that the WoW writers have a love affair with Anduin. He’s their little boy. A character they have complete control over and is uniquely theirs and doesn’t have that much influence from the older blizzard writers.

If you go look at Tiffin Wrynn’s lore page right now on various fan sites it’s pretty barren of content. It has a few paragraphs at best. Her only significance is that she died…from a rock… when there were riots in Stormwind due to the whole Vancleef thing. She actually supported paying Vancleef which is kind of cool.

I think it be super cool to see Anduin meet his mother at an older age. It’d enhance his story and would maybe give Tiffin Wrynn a few more paragraphs to hers.

Does anyone else want to see this character? I don’t even think she’s ever appeared in-game at all.

14 Likes

I think it could be good characterization for Anduin and I’d love to see it. :smiley:

2 Likes

You think you want that. Then you realize Blizz lives by the rule of cool and we learn Tiffin was really some sort of Light being sent to Azeroth to give birth to the Light’s chosen champion making Anduin even more of a Gary Stu.

8 Likes

Tiffin’s death was pathetic. It was the most quickly tossed-in, “prettiest” death they could make for a female character. Her character’s entire purpose was to produce an heir and die for some tragedy. Oh, 2004 Warcraft writing.

Tiffin deserved so much more. She deserves so much more.

Apparently, she and Varian butt heads a lot before they started to like eachother. I imagine it was because she wouldn’t put up with his stubborn attitude. I’d love to see that.

Also, Anduin finally meeting his mother, who is probably exactly like him? I would actually cry.

5 Likes

I’d be fine with it. It’d be different. I think my only hope in that situation would be since Draka holds some form of power / has a higher position within Maldraxxis and will be a character Horde and Alliance deal with given her rulership, that Tiffin would somehow be someone Horde and Alliance can interact with. It’d be interesting to see her react to the Horde her husband and son have dealt with.

Edited to clarify a bit on Draka’s position.

I don’t remember Blizz saying Draka rules Maldraxxas, only that we will find her there.

They said powerful souls have taken positions of higher ranking. Some of those people include Kael’thas, Uther, Draka and Cenarius. Watcher said Draka “ascended to some position of prominence”. So yeh, she might not rule over Maldraxxis (I should have been less loose with my wording), but she certainly ain’t low ranking.

Source: https://youtu.be/Lra29QVzbCM?t=221

You know what, it must have been a shock to the system to die on Azeroth as a human before ever experiencing all these other races. You wind up in the Shadowlands and start seeing these green monsters and goat people running around. Probably lose whatever was left of your sanity when you died.

Basically I’m saying the lore is stupid.

The only race Tiffin wouldn’t know about is the Dreanei. She would have been a child when the Orcs first arrived on Azeroth.

No, I’m saying before all that. Before the invasion.

Just imagine if Tiffin meets Anduin and then asks him why he still isn’t married yet.

coughgaycough

3 Likes

Ok, I misunderstood.

Only if she has a bruise on her head from where the brick that killed her is.

/s

This would amuse me immensely.

Tiffin: WHAR MUH GRANDKIDS AT
Anduin: Uhh…

5 Likes

“I know this dragon…”

4 Likes

Oh man, Thanksgiving in the shadowlands is going to be awkward as heck.

3 Likes

Anduin: “I know this dragon…”
Tiffin: “Is she nice?”
Anduin: “Uhh…”

3 Likes

Anduin: Uhh… Mom, I’d like to introduce you to Wrathion…

4 Likes

“Do you remember Lady Prestor, by the way? She turned out to be a black dragon, mom!”
“Oh really, is she nice?”
“Oh no, dad killed her, but there’s this other black dragon…”

4 Likes