Tier set bonuses (SPOILERS)

Hunter

• Beast Mastery

• (2) Set Bonus: Kill Command damage increased by 10% and it has a 10% chance to reset the cooldown on Barbed Shot.

• (4) Set Bonus: Barbed Shot has a 50% chance to make your next Cobra Shot or Multi-Shot consume no focus.

• Marksmanship

• (2) Set Bonus: Arcane Shot & Multi Shot critical hits cause your next Aimed Shot to cast 50% faster and cause the target to bleed for 20% of damage dealt over 6 seconds.

• (4) Set Bonus: Ranged auto-attacks have a 10% chance to give your next Arcane Shot or Multi Shot 100% chance to critically hit.

• Survival

• (2) Set Bonus: Raptor Strike / Mongoose Strike, Carve, and Butchery damage increased by 10%.

• (4) Set Bonus: Raptor Strike, Mongoose Strike, Carve, and Butchery have a 10% chance to make your next Raptor Strike, Mongoose Strike, Carve, or Butchery cost no Focus.

So my best guess is because SV hunter had good tier sets in SL now they decided to give a complete bull corn tier sets.

MM and BM have broken bonuses and they are actually fun. Seriously devs put some effort in this spec don’t let you janitors work on this spec

1 Like

Kinda blah but better then nothing I guess lol.

Basically we get extra talent point in mongoose damage, and 4 sets give free mongoose.

SV DoA /10char

1 Like

Mmm, all the mongoose… Mongeese?

3 Likes

The MM set looks good, but how is the BM set broken or fun?

• Kill Command damage increase is bland at best. It also pushes BM Hunters to prioritize builds that choose all the Kill Command talents, limiting choices - just like on Live.
  • Barbed Shot having a 50% chance to make Cobra Shot or Multi-Shot consume no Focus isn’t useful at all. Focus starvation isn’t a problem - especially on Beta - so this is basically a non-bonus.

At least tin beta right now i played a BM and played against BM. I can tell damage is really high. For a spec that has 100% damage uptime it’s too much. Again that is in beta and I hope they nerf it little bit

Beta is just beginning the tuning process. BM has two primary paths on Beta - one is strong and the other is laughably weak.

Also, the argument of 100% damage uptime shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the spec works. Every class/spec can do damage 100% of the time. It’s about maximizing that damage. BM just has different obstacles than other classes.

3 Likes

Ngl all those look pretty boring…

3 Likes

No it doesn’t really.

We won’t have this seasons tier set, so faster Aimed Shots just means casting another steady shot between Aimed Shots. The guaranteed crit from auto shots is basically nothing, because you wont be using a ton of Arcane Shots inside TrueShot and you will have more than enough chances to get the crit from Arcane Shot between Aimed Shots.

Broken bonuses for BM? Lmao . Bro that’s a really conservative bonus . The 10% damage buff is the only thing that matters ? The other stuff is basically a safety net for losing 3 stacks of frenzy… which good players maintain 97-100% frenzy uptime without this bonus anyways. Lewl.

SIGH, I’m lost for words :frowning:

You mean edge cutting players? Who have optimized gear so they can have that uptime with regular crits and CD reduction

The MM tier set sounds so fun and i like it, i wonder if streamline comboes with the tier bonus, having 70% cast speed on aimed shot sounds amazing

Surv 2 set isn’t bad at all. Since 4 set looks weak, atleast we dont have to grind for it and have more optimal statted gear set.

Guessing this means no pvp set bonuses…

Bro I’m far from cutting edge and my heroic holondrous frenzy uptime was 97% this week ? Lmao

Also critical strikes have nothing to do with frenzy uptime in the current game .

Do you mean frenzy uptime or 3 stacks of frenzy uptime. It’s a big difference. I know it’s easy to keep frenzy up almost 100% of the time, to keep up 3 stacks of frenzy well that is gear and rng dependent

You’re clearly heavily biased towards SV.
The SV bonus is almost identical to the BM bonus minus a 10% chance to reset a spell, which btw isn’t all that fun, because RNG Frenzy charges are something you have to quickly consume, you do not play around it. BM is also far from focus starved.

And the 10% damage type tier set is common this tier. As Blizzard outlined in the blog, they don’t want tier sets to be super prominent or alter your rotations while people still learn the new talent trees.

Now, the MM tier set I will agree is much better than both BM and SV.

The SV set bonus leaning into mongoose spam is the most disappointing thing I’ve seen to date when it comes to that spec.

2 Likes