Ticket System problems

Getting frustrated with “new” blizzard. First off, what is wrong with me calling the company. I have tried to make a ticket, every type of ticket, and cannot submit it i guess. Some how the only thing I can find is that the Browser “might not allow it”. Doing what a rational person would do, turned off every security measure that might prevent this. I turned off all my security as well. I even heard this old wives tale that if i turned my microwave on, sat on the toilet, and dialed 911, I would be able to contact Blizzard. Comes to find out that did not work and I just pissed some people off.

None the less, I love the games they make, but have always hated their customer service.

Sincerely,

Just someone trying to get in contact with someone at blizzardo…

About?

What is the nature of the issue. Usually if you are having a difficult time, it is due to the issue not being something that a GM can help.

If this is browser related - which from your description it may be, trying a different browser would be my recommendation in addition to what you’ve already stated you’ve tried.

We haven’t had a dial-in number in YEARS. Why? When we did, it was an endless hold in queue, provided you could even get into a queue to hold. Folks called for everything, literally, everything - no matter if it was something that could be helped or not typing up the lines.

We do have a call-back option.

5 Likes

True. Alright so i have tried 4 different browers and I am on my 3rd computer right now and just got it to work. Thank you!

I will say, I liked the hold music.

1 Like

Yeah, I really dislike the new ticket system too. I’ve had tickets get marked “resolved” without actually resolving the issue.

I have had a ticket open for 7 hours now, and the wait time when i made it was 8 hours, I check it and now it is 15 hours from now when I already waited 7 lol. Tickets suck, I wish they had the online chat button more often.

It’s not exactly new at this point. It’s been around for several years now. All that tends to change now is the wording and a few options here or there.

Usually a GM will mark it resolved if there’s nothing further that the GM team can do to help.

That time that you’re seeing is not a time for your ticket. It’s the age of the oldest ticket currently in the queue. That doesn’t mean you’ll be waiting that long.

Online chat is for Billing and Tech Support issues. In most cases, tickets don’t actually require a GM contacting you as that just leads to longer ticket times overall.

6 Likes

It says average wait time though?

What I mean by new is how it differs from what we got before. Tickets were resolved faster and actually resolved before marked as such. If there is nothing more they can do, this should be shared. Otherwise, it makes their competency questionable and tarnishes the integrity of the system in general.

That’s not quite accurate either. Before this system was put into place, ticket times were close to a week. Now it’s typically less than a day.

The reason it changed is due to people putting in tickets for things that GMs couldn’t help with. Or putting in tickets that just said “Help!” with nothing else.

If you have feedback regarding a specific ticket reply, then the way to provide feedback about it is via the survey that is attached to that ticket.

8 Likes

I’ve never had a ticket take anywhere near a week to get resolved. They were always resolved within a day. Now, some have taken multiple days. Then again, everyone’s issues are different and some may have higher complexity which may take longer to resolve. This is understandable.

I can understand why the changes to the system were made however, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s not as user friendly or helpful as before, especially to those who do not fall into that bucket.

Even though faith in the surveys has faded, I still fill them out.

It just means that how long the last ticket took to get to answer. It isn’t a countdown nor a guaranteed it’ll be answered in that time frame.

3 Likes

It’s actually much more user-friendly. It will guide you to the help you ACTUALLY need, rather than the help you THINK you need.

That’s where the disconnect is. If your issue is (as an example) an item restoration issue, you THINK you need a GM to talk to you. When in reality, there’s nothing a GM can do, because item restoration is now fully self-serve. So instead of having you open a ticket that will waste a GM’s time, inflate the queue, and leave you with an unsatisfactory answer, you are immediately pointed to the correct place.

Not “falling into the bucket” is rather rare these days, but yes, it can happen. Not sure what can be done about that, as it’s impossible to think of every single contingency.

In those cases, there are options for “Other” or “My issue is something else” (or something similar).

3 Likes