Ticket response

This. They’ve been doing this for what, three decades now? I trust that they know what they’re doing and how to do it.

3 Likes

I’m glad you know what i need better than me… and thanks for letting me know that i was accidentally starting an insurrection. Like, really? It’s a controversial statement that the players should hold a company up to the standards of putting player satisfaction first?

This is exactly the reason i DON’T want to bring these things up to the community. You don’t think they would take this problem more seriously if they ACTUALLY lost customers and revenue…

I “don’t need to talk to anybody directly”… lol. Let me just scream into the ether. No, I want to talk to someone about it. Idc if you think that’s unreasonable. It doesn’t have to be Devs. They should have a support staff. They are worth $68B…

You are the type of customer that anyone who has ever worked a customer service job (like myself) always dreads handling. Customer service staff have no ability to change policy or discuss the inner workings of X. The fact that you want to be able to call up a company’s support just to vent at them, and doing it knowing that they can’t help, is rather selfish. Why submit anyone to that sort of abuse?

I get your frustrations with the long wait for servers, but just because you don’t believe they are doing their best with the technical limitations doesn’t make it untrue. Your answer is to move off the server if you don’t want to wait, that’s the solution, for better or worse.

10 Likes

Your entitlement is blinding. You will not get what you want, you will not be given the answers you seek. At best this thread will be locked down. You have been given the proper course of action on how to proceed to have your suggestions heard.

9 Likes

Tbh if i had to hire seasonal workers, I would try to retain them as much as possible and put them to work in other things that need doing… even if i lost money doing it because people are key. You want to keep people happy so they feel valued. I rarely fire people… my business is growing and we always need people. My focus is not about maximizing revenue, it’s providing a good experience for my customers… which means i need happy Staff. On the other hand, large corporations focus moreso on revenue; especially in this field… because gamers will always be gamers. If you don’t like Amazon, there are a plethora of options. WoW is very unique and people playing wow for 15+ years will likely continue playing it regardless of how long the Queue is - unfortunately that makes corporations not focus on it’s customer satisfaction since retention stays high

If you want to talk about it with someone who can do anything about your issue, then you can via twitter. You would tweet @WarcraftDevs as that goes directly to the people who make any and all game change decisions.

1 Like

If your job is customer support… and you dread handling complaints, you should find another job. Literally, your job is to try to keep the customer happy. Often times, that’s impossible and the best thing you can do is let them vent and say “I understand”. If you get 1000s of the same complaint… you probably should bring it to your superiors and go “hey… there’s a lot of people saying the same things”… to which the boss should go “hmmm… we should try to fix that”.

Guys lets stop this it realy doesnt need to go on further dont u think.

2 Likes

You’re right. My queue just finished lol. Honestly, thanks everyone for the replies. Idk how productive it was. I do appreciate the community… but this is not something that needs to be brought up TO the community. This is a problem between myself and Blizzard.

I understand it affects everyone on high pop servers - but that doesn’t diminish MY experience because everyone else has to go through it. I encourage everyone to not sweep this under the rug… the more people complain about these things, the more likely corporations will be actually fix the issues. I realize they are working on “fixing it”… but if player retention stays the same; why would they spend money/time/effort on actually fixing it.

I just want to touch on this your talking to a brick wall here anything u say here will have 0 outreeach to anyon players or dev take it to the general forums or use the ingame suggestion feature if u want ur voice heard it wont be heard here.

Right… so i just may as well not say it? That’s dumb buddy. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. Maybe me just writing out my thoughts helps me to vent and relieve some stress. Maybe someone read this and agrees with me. Maybe replying to people that asked me questions helps provide clarity.

Maybe you’re (note the correct form of you+are) speaking to a brick wall as well. Maybe the entire intention of posting the original thread wasn’t in the hopes of achieving anything. Hmm…

You have ur advice i suggest u take it elsewhere where it will be heard wont be hear and i suggest instead of derailing another thread open a new one.

3 Likes

Doesn’t have a boss so?

Where i wanted to take my voice was to Blizzard directly… not publicly. The OP was about a ticket response which is exactly what i posted about. The fact that I can’t communicate with Blizzard outside of public forums seems wrong to me. Also, isn’t the fact you’re replying to my post mean you’re hearing me… even if you don’t agree? I’m done though… thanks all.

You know exactly what they meant by not having your voice heard. Honestly…

Trolling much now - bit below a “Business owner” isn’t it?

And you wonder why Blizzard doesn’t have an avenue for people to speak directly to them regarding feedback…

11 Likes

The Devs have a support staff. They are the Community Managers that monitor the Community forums, like Classic General Discussion. You don’t get to talk with them on the phone. You get to post in the forums or use the in-game suggestion feature. They then correlate the feedback and suggestions and present them to the Devs. If the Devs agree with the suggestion they act on it. If they don’t, or it isn’t feasible, they don’t act on it.

Stop harping on the money. How much they have or don’t have doesn’t change things. It won’t miraculously make the queue disappear.

1. Hiring people to take care of a temporary issue with the ticket queue is not fiscally responsible. Blizzard answers to share holders.
  2. Blizzard is working on the queue times by making free transfers available. If the realm population is lower the queue time goes down or disappears.
  3. The population limits on the realms isn’t because of the servers. It has to do with rendering client-side.
  4. You don’t “need” to talk to someone at Blizzard about this. You “want” to talk to someone at Blizzard about this. If you have an idea about the queue times, give it in the appropriate place. If you don’t have an idea about how to fix the queue time and just want to talk to someone about it, talk to a friend.

You don’t know what systems Blizzard is using. You don’t know what hardware Blizzard is using. You don’t know what the capabilities of what is being used is. You don’t even seem to have a concrete idea to suggest. What purpose would a one-on-one with someone who doesn’t make any decisions about the software and hardware being used serve?

Blizzard has already said they are using the best hardware they can get. There’s no hardware to upgrade to.

GMs aren’t friends, family, or therapists.

That’s a “you” issue.

11 Likes

The fact that I have to post publicly to get an answer to a question is troublesome. Take this thread for example. Many replies - like yours - are very helpful and much appreciated. Others are not. I don’t consider myself “Entitled” because i think that I should be able to speak to a rep from the company I pay money to for support.

Sure it does. If it were a free-to-play game, it’d be an entirely different scenario, no?

That’s literally the job of a Customer Support Rep at ANY corporation. No customer support rep actually has any power to change things. They may have the power to credit you back some money to keep you happy, but that’s their job… trying to smooth things over with disgruntled customers.

My entire thing this whole time has been how it feels that Blizzard doesn’t feel the need to do that. One-on-one interactions are crucial in making people feel valued. I don’t think that’s entitlement… I think that’s simple decency.

Really? You find that putting an anonymous note in a Suggestion Box the same thing as bringing up an issue to someone face-to-face? Especially someone that you paid money to for a job that isn’t up to your standards?

Why?

It’s better to put it in a box. You get the opportunity to edit what you are saying before someone else sees it. You get to say everything you want to say without someone interrupting you. You know they have a copy of what you told them.

You pay them to access all servers, not one specific server. Technically you pay for retail. Classic comes with your retail game time. You don’t pay for Customer Service.

1 Like

The only difference between feedback suggestion box and talking to someone in person is that you can scream at that person, belittle them etc etc to make your ego feel a bit better.

Be honest now.

After all, you are the small to medium business owner who seems to know all about the operations of a massive gaming entertainment company and you just want to tell them how they should be doing their job - in person.

1 Like

We just disagree on it i guess then… and that’s perfectly ok.

Because if it’s free-to-play then there’s nothing lost. If you got a chair for free and the leg broke after a week… that’s fine. If you paid $100 for that chair and the leg broke… then you’d return it.

I don’t agree… I think direct communication is always better. Both directions. If I got a human answer to my ticket with the information you provided:

…then it’d go a long way. I know it seems minor… but again, treating people with respect and decency and at least writing out the info (that may even be available on Forum or a Blue Post) goes a long way imho.

For sure… 100% agree. But that’s the risk of being a multi-national corporation. You take that on the chin and get better. Pay the Customer Support better for having to deal with infantile gamers. I don’t yell… and it’s much less likely people get ramped up when actually SPEAKING to someone. Tone is easy to misinterpret in text. You’re telling me that you wouldn’t feel more valued if a Blizzard rep called you directly to apologize for the inconvenience of the server issue? I’m not suggesting they do that… but they could… and it would work with some/most people.