Ticket response

I think you’re missing my point… or maybe I’m not presenting it well enough. The end that I’m looking for is that I get a response from a Blizzard employee about my question. I shouldn’t have to scrounge for the information myself if I choose not to. I know that sounds childish… but honestly they make enough money that they can hire 1000+ more customer service reps and still have massive profits for the quarter. In general, it certainly feels that there’s been a move away from customer experience and towards a more profit-focused approach. We will continue playing the game regardless of what problems arise, and it feels that Blizzard knows that, so why spend money on new infrastructure or hire 100s of more employees to improve the players’ experience (even if that is just someone to hear your problems and let you vent). The community does an amazing job at providing that for Blizzard (as you are right now - thank you). But, that’s not your job. WE pay THEM for that.

I don’t blame the GMs at all - i’m sure they have so much stuff they have to deal with, and I don’t envy them. But, after reading through

…it’s pretty clear that their stance is that there is no fix to the Queue problem with any hardware or software upgrades. I simply don’t believe that and that’s exactly what i would tell the customer service rep on the phone - not rudely, but just to let them know I don’t believe that there is no fix. I think that’s where we diverge… i would like to tell them directly - not the community - my discontent. I shouldn’t have to post that publicly. It’s not the community’s job… it’s the corporation’s

To be frank, no. You pay for server access, nothing more, nothing less.

Or that the wrong template response was sent by mistake. Not everything that irritates, frustrates or disappoints you need be attributed to malice or indifference. Sometimes, humans just make mistakes.

7 Likes

Yeah it is. As a home owner people pay me to live in my house as I am the owner.

That doesn’t make you their ‘better’. Your boss pays you, too. Explain to him how you are his ‘better.’

4 Likes

You realize there are many companies that you might pay money to that have no customer service at all. You have an issue in Final Fantasy, they wont talk with you or offer any service. You get banned wrongly, then tough because they do not even let you appeal.

4 Likes

I’m going to be frank, throwing a fit on the forums isn’t going to get what you want. Nor would making things up will build your case as you have literally no idea how much that would cost them, nor what any given quarter would give for any given year.

Any place has it limits and no amount of money will fix every little issue. Like the old saying goes “You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time.”

They’re not going to hire folks for people to call up and yell at. They’re not going to have people whom just sit around and talk to people when they have no power to fix anything. IT’s cuase more issues then it’d fix.

You pay them to play the server, not to yell at people because you feel like you’re entitled to. No amount of money entitled you to treat folks however you want, nor telling them how to field issues. The very fact you think they can just hire folks out of the blue and be fine is rather telling.

To be frank, this is kind of thing why they don’t allow random folks to call in and talk to workers, more so when they think they can just fix an issue because they think they’re better at it. If you think you can do better, you can always apply to work there.

6 Likes

Right. And if they have an issue with your house they bring it it to you and you fix it. If they get hurt because the house doesn’t meet a certain code, they can hold you liable. Idk how relevant that example is since there’s no set standards (like a Building Code)… but let’s just roll with it.

P.S - thanks for the responses… glad that the community is healthy and active. Sorry if i’m being obnoxious… but, this is making the Queue go by so much faster

If you hit ESC while ingame and go to the help menu, there is a form for feedback and suggestions that gets routed directly to the Devs.

2 Likes

Right… that’s another example of a company that has limited/no customer support because they don’t care about their customers since they will continue to play their game regardless of how they treat you… that proves my point. We (as gamers) shouldn’t allow for that…

As a business owner… my focus is to keep my Staff happy… even if i can’t honor their requests all the time I will 100% allow them all the time they want to bring up any issues they want. That’s a bad comparison…

I think my customers/owner is a better one. If any of my customers have complaints/concerns it is entirely on me to hear them out and make them feel valued.

Ya but does that actually get a response (or a timely one)… or is that just something in the game just to placate people.

To what end? What is a front line rep supposed to do with that? To be honest, your disbelief is irrelevant. If Blizzard is running state-of-the-art hardware, what is there to upgrade? “I don’t believe that Blizzard is using the best hardware.” Okay, I guess.

As far as their being more solutions to overcrowding than just transfers… The public transit authority has the best buses. Your route is crowded and busy. The solution is to add more buses, not re-engineer mass transit from the ground up.

4 Likes

Who’s yelling? No one is telling them what to do. If you think that ANY concern is reason for them to turn their phones off… I think we just live on different planets. I think the fact that Microsoft is trying to buy Blizz for $68B proves they are a very profitable company. And i think the fact that there are so many unhappy players proves that Blizz dropped the ball with customer satisfaction.

In my opinion, any corporation should be focused on customer retention. The problem here is that Blizz will retain customers regardless if they are happy with the company. I think you excusing their poor customer support helps them to focus solely on their bottom line, and not serve the community that has made them so wealthy…

Suggestion boxes are rarely a two-way communication. What do you expect them to discuss with you? You submit your suggestion, explain it, they take it under advisement. If they think it’s a good idea and worth implementing, they do that. If not, they don’t.

6 Likes

I’m not a SE… i don’t know the technical details on what they can or can’t do… i simply don’t believe that there is nothing. However, I’m sure if they dropped tens of millions of dollars on it, it certainly wouldn’t make servers worse. Why would they though… it’s pretty clear most people here are ok with the Queues - or at least OK with they’re solutions. I’m not. I think people are missing my point… i’m not trying to complain to you… I’m trying to complain to the company I pay monthly. Even if it is just to vent with no clear goals… that’s fine. The company should be set up to take in customer feedback directly and respond to it in a timely fashion. If there’s not enough customer service reps… the company should hire more. Not complicated… i just want to support a company that is focused on customer satisfaction

Sure. But talking to a real-life human and just sending in a feedback response from the Esc menu are two ENTIRELY different things.

Blizzard’s forums is not the venue to start an insurrection about Customer Support.

It is not financially responsible to spend the time and money hiring and training people to work for the week or two to clear up the backlog of tickets. What happens when the backlog is over? Those people would be laid off. Blizzard does not keep trained people on-call in case the ticket volume goes up.

You don’t need to talk to Blizzard about the queue. They have a lot more information available to them about the queue and population numbers for the realms than any player does. You can not get access to the Development team on the phone. GMs, the one you can access with tickets, are not liaisons with the Development team. They don’t answer questions about game development, realm population, login queues. It is not in their job description.

Blizzard is working on a solution.

Your solutions are suggestions. You don’t need to talk to anyone directly about your ideas. You just need to post them in Classic General Discussion or use the in-game Suggestion option on the Support Menu.

You are one player out of millions that have played WoW. Your money does not entitle you to personal contact with the Devs.

A templated response does not automatically make it an automated response. The response may have erroneously mentioned Overwatch, but the information you were given appears to be correct in that the GM team is not able to discuss your queue suggestions and that you should post them in the forum.

8 Likes

Would you go through the expense and effort to hire and train extra people just to cover a short busy period, only to have them sit idle or lay them off when the busy period subsides?

Not a very good return of investment is?

You might have a happy customer or two (and rather briefly) - but you have some pretty annoyed ex-employees. I’ve been in that position several times, hired for a ramp up and dumped soon after (for absolutely no fault of my own) when things get quiet.

Every new launch of something, or a major patch, we see an influx in players returning - and thus an increase in ticket demand - and every time in a matter of weeks that demand dies down again.

Even if they wanted to increase the population limits on the realms, you’d be here complaining that your PC can’t handle the busy areas.

Blizzard has a very, very good understanding on population limits on realms and how it can affect the game client of the average/general player base. They don’t pull a number out of a hat and say “hey, that’s a good limit.”. There would be very careful analysis done based of years and years of data.

That person would not be treated as a real-life human by an annoyed customer base. FACT.

5 Likes

You will not get a 1 on 1 convo with a Dev. This forum is not for venting, if you want to do that take it to General. There is no 2 way communication apart from the possibility of a CM answering in one of the other forums. If you do not like it or are unhappy with the situation, feel free to make a post about it in General, because here, no one that can incorporate change will see it, and the SFA’s here will not forward up your request or information.

1 Like

Another such company is your local cable internet provider. Ours was down from midnight last night for 14 solid hours, and they said there was no outages, yet other people were complaining on the internet about it as well. You couldn’t even get ahold of them on the phones for any service.

3 Likes