Ticket: 3 days of waiting

I haven’t used the ticket system in quite awhile. What happened here? Response time on tickets used to be fairly quick and at least answered in a 24 hour window. Do they put harassment tickets at the bottom of the queue? Seems like that is the kind of environment they sport. They couldn’t even answer the ticket and speak to me while I was online, instead they waited 10 mins after I logged out and sent me a generic “we care about your experience, and will look into it” email blah blah. Yeah, okay…

18 Likes

Yeah, don’t do Tickets. They are useless at this point. Honestly, even if its a legit problem with the system, and they admit it, the GM’s can’t, or won’t, do anything and just tell you to either look at Wowhead or icyveins for a work around, and try again. You get into player interactions, and blizz won’t do a dang thing about it.

33 Likes

I stopped using the ticket system in Mists of Pandaria because of the long 3 day and longer response times. The last time I had a quick response to a ticket was in Vanilla. That was a 24 hour response and they couldn’t even fix the situation.

1 Like

Yeah the ticket system is garbage. You have to jump through hoops just to be able to actually submit a ticket and then the wait time is absurd. Chances are you’ll end up getting an email because you won’t be logged on when a GM actually reviews your ticket.

7 Likes

I miss the days when they actually talked to you in game.

46 Likes

Just wait until your ticket is auto closed.

12 Likes

Weird, because pretty much all of my tickets I have ever had to do they helped me and resolved my issues. I have had the worst help in FFXIV when I gave the game a try awhile back.

@OP I am assuming the longer delay is due to the whole Blizzard situation right now. I would think they still have GMs but maybe they are running thin on them right now.

3 Likes

hmm… i recall a time when they were at least a week wait.

load of tripe.

if it’s a legit problem with “the system”, GMs can’t do anything unless they’ve been given the OK by devs.
GMs can’t fix bugs.

and the vast majority of the time, this is all the player needs to do.
if they’d done this to start with, they wouldn’t have needed to clog the ticket queue with useless stuff which GMs can’t help with.

They aren’t there to hold your hand if someone offends you, or if you feel hard done by.

It sounds like you need to learn what the role of GMs is.
They aren’t there to do stuff just because you want them to.

11 Likes

I swear, they wait until you log off to respond.

8 Likes

Yeah you must get the one lucky person…

I would run old raids, and if the loot wouldn’t drop, I got told “sorry nothing we can do”

I had a ticket in BfA where islands gave me nothing, no loot, not dubloons, nothing regardless what I did for like 3 islands. I reached out to a GM, and the ticket said “there is some issue, run it again” basically.

Then over a year or so later, I put in one because this alt wasn’t seeing all the floors my main had unlocked. Instead of unlocking them for me on my alts, they told me to go waste more time rerunning on my main…yeah it fixed it, but I shouldn’t have to do any of that when their system should have unlocked for me, or they should have when they could easily look at my main and see its progress. I even had logged into that main and saw “yep up to floor 8 was unlocked”.

1 Like

EDIT:

I misread your post. You did end up getting one of those notorious copy/pasted scripted replies. Just be glad they didn’t follow it up with “for answers to all your common question, please visit our website!” and mark it "resolved.

The ticket system, even when they were not busy is absolute garbage.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am sure someone was just sitting there just waiting for you to log out…

2 Likes

I’ve had that happen but I also have had tickets answered while I was online and marked “resolved” without actually helping me.

5 Likes

Yeah, I am not the only one this happens to. Do a google search, and look at previous replies.

Going by the tone of your reply, this is okay and they GM’s do fine? lol

2 Likes

Honestly, do you think someone was just waiting for you log out? I am sure they respond when people are off line as most people don’t tend to spend almost the entire day online. So chances are they will respond to your ticket while you are off line just because they are working 8 hours shifts. If you were online 12+ hours a day, I am sure they would find you online.

It is like saying the UPS guy waits for me to go to work to deliver my packages.

1 Like

I think it depends on the issue. Any time Ive had a loot or quest issue, it takes days to resolve; whereas anytime I’ve had a forum issue, it takes about 24 hours.

1 Like

This right here… I miss those days too. I remember GM poping into raids to help with loot issues then making everyone do line dances or changing people into gnomes. those were fun times. Now your better off sitting by the mail box and hope you do not die waiting for a honest answer.

5 Likes

I don’t think someone was there to begin with. Automated system.

Can anyone confirm speaking to GM’s in-game anymore?

1 Like

Either you all have terrible luck or I have amazing luck. I have never had a ticket take more then 24 hours to resolve. And most of them are resolved in my favor.

And no game keeps one on one CS for long if they grow large enough. It gets cost prohibitive.

don’t blame the GMs, blame the huge numbers of players submitting the most idiotic tickets you can imagine

“my loot spec was set to X but i got loot with mastery on it and that’s not my best stat!”
“i got kicked from a dungeon, this is harassment!”
“i’m X ilvl but still can’t solo mythic Y. please nerf it!”
“i just lost a duel to a rogue, please delete rogues and demon hunters”
and so on

4 Likes