Thwarting the Twins

I see now. I’ll try doing that then

Yep to deal with small adds and to secure hand kill. Death and madness will give you the insanity you need to kill every hand

1 Like

Again I can kill Karam easily. It’s only the last phase, which I guess is why I should be using Shadow Crash

on a side note, I would love it if Vampiric Embrace was off the GCD

1 Like

Depends on the strat you run. There are two.

Short: Never pop CDs on Karam, burn raest hard every time he’s active, ignore adds and Karam in phase 5 and kill raest before Karam runs you down. Easier with better gear but doable in nothing but SL gear with drums and pots.

Long: CDs into Karam to make his chase phases shorter. Then everything into Karam in p5 to kill him, followed by outranging raest (50 yards) and spending your time killing adds. When a rune soak spawns, run in, soak it, run out, and heal the damage you took with shadow mend. Repeat this as long as it takes for dots to kill raest.

1 Like

I just told you the way I did it and it worked for me, the rest is on you, do it the same way or find the way what suits you.

1 Like

Again why should any of that matter if just simply using a set of consumables with completely trivialize the fight?

This is why.

So then do that?

I probably should. I’ve pretty much been doing that already minus the drums and pots

Then do it

To be clear, the short strat is absolutely not trivial. If you’re struggling saving CDs for Raest and getting overwhelmed by things like hands in phase 3, you should definitely play it long.

I still recommend having drums for the long strat though, because killing Karam as fast as possible helps you skip hands in p5.

1 Like

Is everything okay? Your post history is a bit concerning.

5 Likes

The way I killed it I didn’t use any pots/timewalking gear or drums.

1 Like

I don’t struggle with hands. I only struggle with Raest’s enrage

but I should note, it’s mainly because I use stm on hands

Yea are you ok?

I’ll try your strat for a few attempts then see where I am with Raest. His shadowbolts just hit so friggin hard

In that case yes, running 50 yards away (To where you enter basically) and waiting there with dots up until he casts rune is the play.

If you can get to a point where only raest and adds are alive, you’re basically home free as long as you don’t take any risks. Just kill adds whilst 50 yards from raest, run in to soak runes, and heal yourself if he gets any bolts off.

2 Likes

Lol I see. so basically I just rot him down for an uber long time, focus on adds, and soak the runes

Correct. You can also burst him with CDs every time you get VE back to speed things along. Raest stops casting on you once you’re 50 yards away, which is why this works.

How are you all dealing with the hands? I am struggling to down them fast enough. I dot them up with Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague x2, and then cast Void Torrent. Many times their cast goes off before Void Torrent finishes.

1 Like