Thwarting the Twins

Been grinding this on Shadow priest… I can get to the point where I actually kill Karam. I don’t know, however, if this is the correct strat.

Does his damage increase after his first swing? Does his movement speed increase also increase his damage? Is it absolutely necessary that I have to kill Karam?

And if I do have to kill Karam, how do I deal with Raest? I can survive his enrage cycling Vamp. Embrace, Divine Prayer, and Dispersion. However, it doesn’t buy me enough time to burn his health.

Any tips are appreciated. Again, this is for Shadow Priest.

Just buy some consumables and make the fight trivial like you said

2 Likes

You’re delusional if you don’t think consumables trivializes the mechanics. You literally increase your damage threshold into actually killing hands from beyonds without having to use a single silence or dispersion that can be saved for later in the fight.

So then buy some flask and pots and drums and one shot it

5 Likes

Have you tried playing D3? Season 25 released last night, and you’re guaranteed a full set! That way, you don’t have to QQ when your work feels unrewarded :heart:

I don’t think drums are enough to nuke him from 70% unfortunately.

Pop all into Karam and kill him as fast as you can while dealing with 4-6 hands in total, as soon as he dies dot Raest and run out of his range, he wont chase you. While doing it you will have to kill small adds back to back and run in to soak the ring, while soaking the ring dot him and run away to heal up and recover, every time your cds are up go in and pump him. It will take like 15 mins or so but you will kill him eventually.

Make sure you pick mind bomb to deal with the adds every time you have to soak the circle. The talents are 2/1/3/2/3/3/1

PS: you will have to save some insanity to kill the hands fast, once Karam dies there will be no more hands.

1 Like

I thought consumables make the fight trivial? Like you said

4 Likes

I just completely ignore the packs and mind bomb the ones that are close to the summoning circles. I kinda have the kiting down, it’s just trying to survive Raest’s damage. Though I am making some mistakes like not popping divine prayer when I need to

I also save my PI for when I StM on the Hands so I can quickly kill them and hard swap to Karam

Yea but if just using consumables makes the fight trivial why not just spend the 1 to 2k gold on a set and one shot the boss?

Don’t ignore them, do 1-2 searing nightmare casts once they are groped and continue with killing Karam, once he dies you will have to kill all small adds who comes at you while being out of reach of actual boss.

When you say “out of reach” does this include or not include the use of mind soothe?

Just range him at the edge of the map, but make sure you sill soaking his circles. And dont go with stm, you dont need it. This is burst strat and you need to pump all of the dmg into Karam and after into main boss

I really feel like stm is so good though because I can nuke hands extremely quick and still damage Karam with like 6 seconds of void form

But I guess I can try ancient madness if it’s that important

You make no sense dude, why are you asking for advice when all you need is a set of consumables to completely trivialize the fight, right there’s no skill involved just using consumables

If you save like 60-70 insanity for each hand you will be fine. First karam kill should be fast since you have all cds and 2nd gonna take a bit, but between void torrent and saving some insanity for hands its kinda easy once you get a hand on the hand respawm timer

You dont need any of that my friend, I did it with my current gear, took me around 20 attempts.

The only cooldown I use for Karam on first phase is Void Eruption. I just don’t feel like it’s necessary to use my big CDs when it’s just a dude RP walking to me

Well thats not what OP said in a different thread he started. It was his opinion the fights are completely trivial by using consumables and they involved no player skill at all

You will need cds back to secure 2nd kill on Karam and avoid very dangerous hands ( once Karam gets to 4 stacks of movement buff ) So using them at the start is a great way to get them back when you need it again. After Karam dies its just a patience fight, you go in to soak circle poke at the boss with set of dots and run away to heal and like this until the boss is dead.