Three-digit numbers are hard

You can run a script against the console to change number values.

5 Likes

Fine with it.

1 Like

Totally cool with me. The level cap was getting bloated.

Now if they could just come up with a permanent fix for stat inflationā€¦ I would not mind returning to seeing +15 Intellect on an item and thinking, ā€œoh man, thatā€™s a good upgrade over what Iā€™ve gotā€.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know about ā€˜everybodyā€™, but Iā€™m just fine and dandy with it. Levels are just arbitrary numbers that donā€™t actually mean a lot. The main thing that matters is the relative challenge posed by mobs in the various bits of content.

So yes, I am completely in favor of the proposed level squish and levelling revamp because it trades a thing which doesnā€™t matter for something that matters quite a lot - a quicker, smoother, more coherent levelling process.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Leveling alts will be faster, and the story will finally make sense again.

Yes, Iā€™m cool with this.

3 Likes

in virtual worlds we can undo inflation. out here in real life: well, there was once upon a time when I could watch a movie in a cinema for under five dollars

2 Likes

I am not ok with the level squish. There are other ways to go about faster leveling. Such as reducing the amount of xp needed to gain a level. That would have the same effect and not take away anything from anyone.

1 Like

The point is (keep in mind it doesnā€™t matter to me one way or another) that each level becomes meaningless since there are so many that for a reasonable pace to max level you will inevitably ā€œdingā€ very often, which takes away the excitement of dinging. That along with how few and far between actual progression to your class happens. Going over 10 levels before an ability or talent takes away the accomplishment from each level since you need so many to get an actual gain.

Think of it like running a marathon. If you have a marker every meter those markers donā€™t mean anything to you. If there is a marker every 5km they will mean you are making progression and it will be a sense of accomplishment every time you see one.

4 Likes

That is actually is different point. I know they are going to add something to every level, but why? Do people actually need to unlock something at every level? In the end the individual levels will still be meaningless because people will just blow by them as fast as they can to reach max level.

1 Like

Not quitting over it, but they really need a permanent solution .

All points to removing power progression.

1 Like

Eh, itā€™s a decision made to appease people with limited scope, vision and intellectual acumen but Itā€™s done. Nothing I can do about it.

1 Like

Yes. Level 130 and so on is a little absurd for an MMO

4 Likes

Iā€™m fine with the squish
even more if I can level alts faster
Iā€™ts a pain to level 120 levels and as everything is on the same level as you, thereā€™s no ā€œsense of progressionā€
seriously, I liked to overlevel an area so I could trounce on mobs after they gave me trouble when I started the area, now to do this I have to reach the cap of the exp.

Nopeā€¦ it is why I have stopped playing retail.

3 Likes

Yes, I am.

120 levels is just dumb with how little the content from level 60 on means. The leveling experience from 1-60 is beyond superior to 61-120.

1 Like

I donā€™t see the point of the level squish, personally. But its just a number. More importantly, what is the plan beyond the next expansion? They havenā€™t said a word about it, which is interesting. If weā€™re simply going to increment back upward then the level squish makes little sense. Especially when all they had to do was enable players to make characters at the previous expansion level cap. And give players the option to make characters at level 1 if they still choose to do that. This would have been the simplest option, by far. That they didnā€™t do this is another thing Blizzard hasnā€™t addressed. Also interesting.

2 Likes

Yes. I am fine with it.

2 Likes

This, this, this.

The rest of this expansion sucks with even more pointless arbitrary grind for nothing that can Iā€™ll carry over with our character to shadowlands.

Squish it, squish it now.

And while weā€™re at it, put something into the game that actually sticks with us as progression. No more expansion only skills and talents. Something permanent.

That builds our character and stays.

2 Likes

Why donā€™t we just have levels go to over 9000? Each mob will give you 1/2 a level. I will feel so much better at level cap seeing that my level is over 9000 vs a measly 60. 9001>60, so itā€™s better and I can sleep better at night knowing this.