Three-digit numbers are hard

First they took our Riding Crop, then they squished our stats, now Blizzard wants to take away half of our levels with the next expansion. Everybody is okay with this?

3 Likes

yeah

45 Likes

I’m cool with it.

26 Likes

It’s just a number. In the end we aren’t ‘losing’ anything. I couldn’t be less concerned about what number is next to my character profile. :woman_shrugging:t2:

24 Likes

Soon they’re gonna squish their player amount… or MAUs

5 Likes

I think they should take is further. Squish it to level 10 and then let us level to 15 in Shadowlands.

3 Likes

Scared of small things hmm?

4 Likes

“Big things come in small packages”

1 Like

The levels are arbitrary and don’t even mean anything.

Our power is untouched.

Read into something before you complain about it.

14 Likes

Yes. I can’t wait for the level squish. I wish it was coming in 8.3.

9 Likes

As long we get meaningful progression, that’s fine.

So Blizzard can’t count to 3?.. :smile:

… Please tell me you guys know the joke. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

It would be pretty sweet if I could use my skybreaker whip again. I probably wouldn’t use it, but it would be cool if I could.

Absolutely. Not only will leveling be way faster, it’s not just the numbers blizz said it would be, but 120 is very daunting to a new player and WoW desperately needs to bring in fresh blood to play. You are in fact losing nothing, but numbers. They simply don’t matter in the grand scheme of the game. You will still be max level, you will still be just as strong.

Editing to add: maybe Blizz should add a FoS achieve for those who had 120s when 9.0 goes live. What you think? But, ONLY if you have one leveled from scratch, NO boosted toons will count.

4 Likes

“1… 2… 5!”

“Three, sir!”

8 Likes

Yup. Totally cool with it. Looking forward to it, actually. Very interested to see how a number of things will work after the squish.

2 Likes

I’m 100% against the level squish. With the stat squishes levels were the last bastion of meaningful progression in WoW, now they are planning on removing that last bastion of meaningful progression from the game

6 Likes

We’re not losing any progression. I don’t see why that’s so hard to understand.

9 Likes

Yup, fine with it. The game isn’t about an arbitrary number.

2 Likes

Someone should develop an addon to add a few random digits to the end of every number.

The % of health dropped will remain the same as now (or Shadowlands), and you can tell yourself you hit for 500k so you won’t cry yourself to sleep.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m fine with it. You’re taking it too personally. For the health of the game, a level squish is fine.

1 Like