Thrall panel summary/reduced transcript

Ironically there are a lot of parallels to the issues the new star wars trilogy had. They are building up their Mary SUE Anduin(AKA rey) who can do everything. Tempted by the Darkness but never falls at all. Seemingly better than all their predecessors and other characters in the story.

All the while have racist over tones as they belittle other characters in the story like Baine(aka Finn).

All the while being proud of the fact that they have a positive political message and representation. All the while butchering the universe.

4 Likes

He was given to a human to be taken care of Said family were actually disgusted by him sans Teratha. There would literally be no opportunity for him to talk/interact much less be hugged by another orc.

It wasnt much of a labor camp at all! Don’t forget most of the orcs were suffering from Lethargy due to the demon blood.

And Varian was a human trained to be a gladiator by the orcs(unwillingly I might add). And lets not forget Anduin gave a dwarven heirloom to Baine when he was at his low point.

Oh please, I don’t feel like another long winded discussion about this but if you never once realized Luke was a mary sue you are deluding yourself.

As for supposed racist overtone the Jailer did not care about anyone except Anduin and only because he could be used a trojan horse. He literally chucked Jaina into Thorgast to rot forever.

This is disappointing. I don’t want for Horde to be defined by Alliance standarts, we need a deep dive to the Horde’s identity of each sub faction and establish their agency, needs and a theme.

And same needs to be done to Alliance, you can’t expect that literally everyone is like-minded zombie. Especially, when the factions are now so big, there has to be a conflict of interests!

But don’t worry, Anduin iwll be there to fix any emerging conflict - aka interesting story.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/I4fnbxVZlLE

https://youtu.be/cWjVbcjPnMs

2 Likes

Varian wasn’t trained by orcs he had trained all his life and was a gifted fighter. he was owning orc blademasters day one. Anduin gave a weapon away, so what we aren’t talking about anduin even if we were the writing by golden making him Baine the best of friends is part of the problem.

How was luke a mary sue? first movie he can’t even fight with the force and barely understands it. Second movie he literally has to leave his friends and go train by the greatest master in the universe, Even then he loses a hand and his friend gets frozen in carbonite. Even in the third movie where time has passed he isn’t soloing armies of inquisitors and sith. Ultimately he doesn’t even defeat the emperor it is his father that does that.

yeah, even then he couldn’t keep that mary sue trapped could he, infact she barely needing saving at all and now she can apparently just teleport in and out of the Maw whenever she wants so even the player is kind of redundant at this point. The fact she comes out it fine while the two male characters from the Horde are both injured and need time to heal. She has even saved these characters multiple times.

2 Likes

Yes.

If it was me I would be far less subtle. I’d just kill off all the faction leaders.

Start fresh. Brew some stories of conflict through the death of these leaders, maybe even cultivate NPCs of stronger character who are influenced by the player.

2 Likes

I was so excited for an afterlives expansion because I thought they’d build on the knowledge of the afterlife that had already been established through the cultural practices of the races of Azeroth, especially shaman!

How the hell have they been Reincarnating since Vanilla if all their beliefs were so irrelevant in the workings of death compared to these big new introductions to the lore?

8 Likes

Man that’s bizarre.

Like with WoD, and I have probably seen like 10% of the content at most so grain of salt, I figured the Orcs had gotten stired into a frenzy by Garrosh. Because he brought future tech and just plain ole knowledge of the future so yeah- I imagine he had a high approval rating.

And the Orcs being more punchy just sort of tracks with biology. They evolved on an extraordinarily hostile world where everything, even the damn plants, has spikes, venom and/or rows of razor fangs. Everything desperately wants you dead on Draenor so you have to be absolutely amazing at killing yourself just to stand a chance. That world doesn’t seem to really allow for pacifism.

5 Likes

Meh, SLs is just another round for WoD for us. Just the undermining of established Horde lore is just a lot more subtle. Its Blizz wanting to escape from the consequences of their “Faction Conflict” expansion as much as possible, so they bounce off to another dimension as a pallet cleanser. But, rather than what they did with WoD where they removed the “ALSO-victim” status from the Orcs in the Tragedy of Draenor (portraying them all as blood feasting monsters by birth) … they just wont have any affirmation of spirit worship practices in the Land of the Dead. Hell, Huln is in Ardenweald atm…

My god, how crazy a thought to have the Horde (who desperately needs chances for development and “redemption”) take a more pivotal role in an expansion based around the one cosmological domain in this setting they had a more layered and nuanced relationship with? Or allow the main rep of the single most Spirtual and Spirit-Worshipping culture of the Horde have a meaningful arc of his own? Where he doesn’t need to be just the plot-device or accessory? Naw … the SLs is just Death Knight land didn’t you know? Why would Shamans find even a semblance of relevance? That’s icky Horde stuff.

14 Likes

Just like the Death Worlds in WH40K. Hostile environment almost entirely inimical to sustain intelligent life. Small pockets of humanity exist on a lot of those worlds for no other purpose than to be harvested by the Adeptus Astartes as neophytes.

:pancakes:

2 Likes

Exactly. Nobody ever gives Sly Marbo ish for being too into throat slitting.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/jCMNWAJiz5Y

Hard to argue with results.

:pancakes:

4 Likes

That whole channel is a gold mine of content.

6 Likes

So far we have:

-Tauren are the moral compass of the Horde
-Thrall is the heart of the Horde
-Vol’jin was the soul of the Horde

So… Lor’themar is… ?

2 Likes

The FASHION of the Horde, category is BODY

https://giphy.com/gifs/howard-terrence-pSw6gndy7TFSg

6 Likes

I really hope this type of panel is the first of many where the writers sit down and talk passionately about each individual character and their journeys throughout this franchise.

2 Likes

Rehgar? He wasn’t an arena fighter, he was Varian’s slave owner.

That’s even worse…

1 Like

Man thrall i like the last on the list of major characters i actually care about and after reading all that i feel he went to the crapper after MoP.

This entire thing would make more sense if it was wrapped up in some nice novels however we’re not playing in a novel and MMO pacing is a beach, they really should rethink how to do their arcs and… what about the player character? hello? im alliance i shouldnt care about thrall after BFA, and if i were horde, where the heck am i in all this? i know its thrall’s panel but still…

edit: about that bit of orchish of orcs…oh boy so orcs are naturally evil and destructive? and we needed like… 2 more expansions (mop and wod if you dont count bfa…) to hammer the point? but its not like the player character wasnt told he was freaking evil from the beggining, terrific.

2 Likes

Next year’s Sylvanas, or Anduin.

2 Likes