Thoughts on WoW Token in Wrath Classic

I like Tokens, but what I would like more is Hasted Shadow Word: Pain. Talk about a good time. Alright thanks blizz let’s chat again soon.

1 Like

This is the true takeaway :praygeblessed:

2 Likes

Not putting RDF in at the same time seems like it is money grabby and we are using bots as the excuse. I personally dont care about the token being added. I’d just wish we would add things that were actually in WOTLK before we add things that were not.

26 Likes

Classic in it’s entirety is a jarring experience. Spellcasters having to drink every 2 mobs is the perfect example. Adding WoWtoken doesn’t address that in the slightest, it’s just your excuse that no one is buying.

11 Likes

This is some professional politician speech. Nothing of it matters as it dodge the core issues.
Rmt is bad that you decide to legalize it by providing the service yourself or not.
And yes players should be at risk if they participate in those kind of unlawful activities. They only have to blame themselves.
This is waving the white flag on a core principle.
We all get it there’s no need for double speech you wanted to make more money.

18 Likes

It sucks.

Try reading your thread:

This thread was only created and pinned to split the fire into two places, to minimize the huge wild fire that is the original thread.

Your subscription for World of Warcraft® Subscription - 1 Month has been canceled. You’ll no longer be charged, though you can still play until your current subscription expires on June 25 2023 10:07 AM (PST). Manage your account at any time on renewing your subscription!

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment

32 Likes

Take back gold from buyers when sellers are banned

You have logs you know, all sellers take gold and move it from one account to another, til it gets to a buyer, that spends it on vendor/ah/gdkp. They will stop buying if it gets taken away + 7 day suspend or something for good measure.

8 Likes

Let’s just say this is a truthful statement, even though we all know it isn’t when we’ve seen the same jumbled lettered players in bgs for months straight, BUT IF IT IS TRUTHFUL nobody would believe this isn’t an underhanded scheme to milk players for more money. You don’t care about the community, it shows with several things you’ve done over the entire duration of Classic from Vanilla-Wrath. You do not care about the community, you only care to milk us longer and give you more money for subpar quality. It’s like how you forced M+ affixes into Wrath, nobody asked for this or wanted it. But we have to put up with it because you don’t listen to the players. So I don’t believe for a second that this isn’t about milking the community further.

16 Likes

51 Likes

You could have just said you wanted to milk the other half of the player base outside of retail and saved a lot of time.

18 Likes

tldr: Instead of combating illegal activities… it’s now legal! Swipe away!
You have no integrity Blizzard. -$15

35 Likes

Since there is token now, can you remove the dungeon boosting limitation?

4 Likes

Lots of people are buying it so the community must want it.

2 Likes

If it is easy to sustain your gold, why are there so many bot??
Because there is one part of the game that causes an extreme demand for gold.

Prohibit GDKPs!

People spending 100k+ gold on items that they will replace is where this demand for gold is coming from. This is the source of the most egregious RMT.

Banning GDKPs would kill the RMT trade and reduce bots to manageable levels.

Adding tokens is completely out of line with the spirit of classic.
It will inflate things. It completely makes many parts of the game obsolete. Working the AH. Doing dailys.
And GDKP bids will get higher. There will be more demand for gold. And bots will have a market, where they can undercut the token.

This is not a decision I will pay to support. I will no longer support Blizzard or play any of their games again. The company has completely lost the plot.

32 Likes

just be honest and say that you needed to find a way to monetize the classic audience. literally nobody believes that you are actually taking action against bots. Theres reports that its in the korean version of the game too, which does not have bots. Why do they have it if theres not an issue?

I think we all know why.

p.s. I play retail, and you dont do anything there either, I have reported the same rmt spammer for weeks, and hes still in trade spamming away.

14 Likes

Think of the outcry banning gdkps would have, the wow token is nothing comparatively.

1 Like

Just be honest instead of lying. This isn’t about beating RMT, this is about making up lost money. Saying you want to just milk as much money as possible is more respectable than “token combats RMT” lies.

14 Likes

It really is simple, I paid $15 a month to play a finished/solved re-release of a game from my past. The game is finished - you aren’t actively developing wrath, you aren’t coding ToGC and ICC, so I assumed that $15 went to upkeep of the game and to deliver the best possible re-release of the game to us - the customers who pay you. This includes things like banning bots and gold buyers/sellers - you know, things explicitly against your very own ToS - the literal bare minimum you had to do, but apparently you weren’t making enough off of our $15 a month to do this and wanted a piece of the gold selling pie instead? Millions of dollars a month, again for a FINISHED GAME, wasn’t enough to pay to actually fix the problem and you just said fk it and drop sanctioned and official literal RMT on us. Luckily its just a video game and we are free to stop paying for goods and services we no longer deem worth the money.

Your subscription for World of Warcraft® Subscription - 1 Month has been canceled. You’ll no longer be charged, though you can still play until your current subscription expires on Jun 02 2023 08:39 AM (PST). Manage your account at any time on renewing your subscription!

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment

29 Likes

You had the chance to nip this in the bud early; permaban for gold buying, ban gdkps, develop more robust trade history tracing. Instead you said that the sellers were the only ones to blame and went after them, and even begged the community to police for bots for you.

I’m excited in that cataclysm is the first time that the actual wow team had a big miss, and your subscriber count will show that. I miss OG blizz… gameplay first and all that.

16 Likes

heavy as a feather I’m sure

that’s true for TBC and WoTLK as well…

how does a token address any of these? it can actually contribute in some cases

according to Blizzard, you rely heavily on player reports. that’s some dark ages stuff right there

for the outcomes we’re talking, I really hope this is handled by one engineer in his/her spare time

that’s the spirit

Obviously lip service. More likely that the people (like yourself) that actually work on the game knew what this would cause and actively fought against it, but have now lost to the executives who control your paycheck. But I guess we can’t know for sure.

oh, nvm. I guess we do know for sure

24 Likes