Thoughts on why DM got moved up?

Not only do you not understand logical fallacies but you also don’t understand the word “bullying”. Must be hard for you to function day to day.

Your entire argument boils down to:

1. Some person said “I don’t buy it’s sooner than expected”
  2. You respond “Blizzard said X therefore it is sooner than expected. Mic Drop”.

I’ve laid out pretty clearly why others had separate expectations of Dire Maul being released earlier and how this might be considered “releasing Dire Maul” late.

You haven’t even attempted to address that you’ve just spewed a bunch of barely literate drivel.

Your problem is you don’t understand how Vanilla’s progression actually was. 95%+ of players in Vanilla started AFTER Dire Maul was out. MC was not being farmed by anyone when it was released. If you want to approximate, as closely as possible, the vanilla progression, they already missed the timetable when Dire Maul should have been released. Every guild has MC and Ony on farm, its taking a few weeks for people of hit 60 instead of the original average of close to 3 months, and the 1.12 itemization that added stuff like spell power, attack power, and all those %hit/crits that everyone is wearing are already out. You were never going to get the pure “vanilla” experience simply because of the knowledge of the playerbase, the BiS item lists, and most of all streamers. Stop trying to make Classic exaclty like vanilla as it will never be that. Instead enjoy it for what it is, a second chance to enjoy things you may have missed out on the first time around and also a community driven MMO that even grown-ups with responsibilities and lives that can no longer play for 12 hours a day like they did in vanilla can enjoy.

TLDR: Don’t hate, appreciate

1 Like

Cool! Look… more putting people down an making disparaging remarks about them because you are wrong and can not just let it go…

Did you drop kittens off in pillow cases at the river when you were young too?

Let me guess… you’re going to tell me that your dad can beat up my dad next right?

#unbelievable

8.25 didn’t bring Classic players over to Retail like they were hoping, so they’re using DM to keep Classic players engaged until until 8.3 releases. Seems obvious that they’re hoping to transfer as much interest from one to the other being that retail is where they’ve maximized their monetization of the game.

It just sucks for people like me because they’re pushing classic out of the hands of people who want to enjoy it at a grow-ups-with-jobs pace, and back into the streamer/skip-school-to-play-hard pace.

You mean VC

They mean the dungeon, not one of its bosses.

I get it, you’re embarrassed because you’ve sunk a lot of time and effort into something that was easily disprovable and now instead of moving on you’re going to double down.

Kinda par for the course on these forums.

I didn’t say they would follow Vanilla’s release schedule…

Faithfully recreating the Vanilla experience is what I expect and keeping to a very carefully thought out plan, rather than peddle content for subscription purposes.

The post quoted partly below clearly shows the thought process in why Dire Maul would be in phase two… along with Kazzak and Azuregos… if there was some reason NOW is a good time fo Dire Maul… it should also stand to reason that Kazzak and Azergos would be “ripe” for consumption as well. But then we have that sticky, messy layering problem still right? So let’s peel off Dire Maul to get subs… but not deal with Layering just yet.

MC and Ony are severely undertuned and they are rushing content put to stop people from quitting.

Okay and where in there did they say they would be following the exact timeline of vanilla?

All they said was that they would be releasing content in phases. Something which noone has denied and something they are still in fact doing.

Sorry man… no more time can be wasted on you now that you are simply repeating yourself. Enjoy 8.3

1 Like

I agree that Dire Maul and the world bosses should be released at the same time, i just think with 1.12 itemization that time should have been at launch.

The warlock reasoning is legitimate. Paladins, however, nah.

1. Popular dungeon with great pre-raid BIS gear.
  2. Needed for the Pally and Warlock level 60 mounts. That alone is pretty important since otherwise, you’re just depriving a player of a core class reward.

Honestly, those complaining about DM-X being released now are just people complaining for the sake of complaining. The vast majority of players, regardless of level, want to see new content being pushed out sooner than later. Helps for Level 60s, and has zero impact on lower level characters.

BWL wa released 7.5 months after launch.

Im curious if they will hold BWL until April to be consistent.

The funniest part of this post is them stating there will be any actual progression in raids.

Clearly they did it to stop the argument: “DM for Deadmines is fine - Dire Maul hasn’t been even released yet”

2 Likes

Not sure… but they will stagger the content phase releases out over 2 years… you can be sure of that.

IMO it would make the most sense to just do 6 months of each raid tier, which would be right at 2 years.

I read somewhere that it’s because casters actually were hindered when vanilla was released because they had no proper stats, spell power etc when they fixed them in 1.12 or some patch like that can’t remember the exact patch. They just dumped a bunch of the gear into Dire maul, so since they started the game with the 1.12 version in theory Dire maul should of just been released in p1 casters have to wait till Dire maul is released to actually be able to have proper stats. So it shouldn’t matter that Dire maul is getting released earlier it’s not going to replace any raid pieces really its just going to change a few pieces on your pre raid bis.