Thoughts on this announcement?

its close to, if not the same thing

My opinion is I’m fine with most of these changes, adding the LFG tool and the guild banks are good. I don’t care about the honor point reduction, the arena point stuff is positive for the most part considering everything. it does feel like a bit of “Releasing content early” for a targeted reason but that’s not the first time so whatever.

I still do not like their lack of care about faction balance or dying servers. Also FvF BGs with no opt-out wrecks a lot of the game for me. I honestly feel like the people for FvF and who don’t care about faction balance aren’t real WoW TBC fans but just want a different game. That wasn’t the point of the announcement though so I’ll say the announcement itself is mostly positive with very suspicious timing.

4 Likes

Sounds like Low ranked teams get more points to gear faster with. It’s Blizz so don’t spend it all in one place… (+1 point per week) I’m only being hugely pessimistic because we need more play in arena, and Blizz seems to be ignoring the massive elephant in the room being the rating required on gear and the retail points system uses that’s also
Killing retail participation just as much.

1 Like

It’s coming to the ptr, not live game.

We’re still probably looking at at least 2 months or more before p2 launches. Around 4 months of mags/gruuls/kara seems about right. Remember in TBC mags/gruuls/kara/ssc/tk all released at the same time, so they’re actually releasing these things late.

I think its worse that for them to have the lfg the way it is means they literally backed out of overhauling it. They wanted to revamp it, we wanted original and we got original. It will work well, but sheesh the best things included in this are the things they should have already done long ago and this is now only on the proper testing phase in ptr which is absolutely SHOULD go thrugh. Blizz is off to the races now that they are shutting down stadium lights.

They never said the were going to overhaul it, they asked if people would prefer a more modern version.

Retail and Classic subscriptions should be separate.

8 Likes

its never stated whether its the revamped or old one coming to PTR

they did though. they said they were looking to provide a modern version.

no, this was the only time it was talked about

It was being discussed, never said they would though

in the deep dive interview or whatever it was at blizzcon, it sounded a lot more definite. agree to disagree.

1 Like

I mean, then you had another dev during the cooking interview saying the weren’t going to chase LFG, the whole thing was a mess.

1 Like

but we still dont know if the version they’re putting out has had any changes made to it or not lol

Guess we’ll see this week.

Might be bother. You have to imagine that the starting at 0 change has impacted ratings across the entire ladder, and is overall resulting in less points going on. Especially since you see large point gains past 1500, and previously, the teams starting at 1500 injected rating into that part of the ladder, making it easier to get over 1500.

It would also be a huge issue if they shorten the season and don’t compensate. The gear is extremely gated to weekly point gains, and we’d end up with PVE gear becoming a problem.

1 Like

Yes, but that’s also the rep gear became available. Stat-wise, it’s identical to S1 honor gear.

Seems like a bunch of great changes to me

It sounds good, but what is the reasoning behind boosting weekly arena point gains and reducing arena gear costs? Are they simply admitting they screwed up on that? It would be nice to hear where exactly they think they went wrong on it to begin with in coming up with this fully custom rating system.

reacting to the “i want it now” crowd and arena seasons will probably end up being shorter. TBC wont last close to as long as Classic did.

1 Like

They better get on these changes quick, New World is right around the corner.

The reason is because tbc pve is stale and the game is dying to other competitors in the space. Phase 1 is supposed to last as long as the first arena season. You can’t release next tier without next arena season because t5 is way better than season 1 gear. The first arena season has to last another 2+ months at the rate you can get arena points and the cost of arena gear. The solution is to speed up the first phase and get to phase 2 to release new content and compete with competitors. So they have to speed up the rate at which you can acquire arena gear to have an end to the first season of pvp.

TLDR - arena season needs to end quicker to let blizzard release phase 2 because the game is stale on the pve side.