Thoughts on the Harronir ? (possible new allied race)

What do you all think? I like them a lot more than the Earthen

8 Likes

They have potential to be an allied race as they do fit the mold.
But its far too soon to judge beyond that.

I dont think theyre my style though so i probably wouldnt play one.

3 Likes

I’m not getting my hopes up. People thought Sethrak were going to be playable and they still aren’t. Do find these guys more interesting than earthen.

5 Likes

Thanks, hate it.

11 Likes

Feels pre-emptive to call them a possible allied race. They’ve got throwaway villain npc race energy.

1 Like

They have customization options so seems likely?

Missing link between trolls and NE maybe? Idk how to feel about them honestly

7 Likes

All npc races these days have customisation options.

5 Likes

Oh really? I wasn’t aware of that.

Or nosferatu and horse.

1 Like

Weird looking to me, probably wouldn’t make one.

I just want Saberon…dangit.

I like em, would of preferred them over the dwarves :dracthyr_shrug:

5 Likes

that’s what I thought too. Primitive proto-troll/elves living under the earth where they were unaffected by some of the evolutionary forces that created modern trolls and night elves. Someone pointed out in another thread that these ones’ tusks are on their bottom jaw, rather than coming right out of the skull like trolls, so maybe it’s not the case.

Though I think they do want to touch on the proto-troll/elves at some point. I think I read somewhere that there was evidence the Djaradin were originally going to be portrayed as primordial proto-trolls, but that changed before release. If the second expansion, Midnight, is going to have some focus on Quel’thalas and elves, it makes sense to me that they might want to expand proto-troll/elf lore some ahead of time, since this species is (so far) canonically native to Azeroth, unlike many of the other playable races.

4 Likes

I would make rogue named forthecatnip so fast.

4 Likes

I’ve been wanting some kind of tiger warrior since I started playing as it’s been my favorite fantasy creature since I was a kid. Really thought we’d get them during or after WoD but nope. I would also make a black panther rogue, lion shaman and white leopard monk, if possible. A guy can dream…

1 Like

Looks like the evolutionary gap between dark trolls and night elves.

This is what something that used to be a troll and would eventually become an elf would look like just like early hominids that don’t look like apes or humans just a bit of both.

5 Likes

Looking good, so far.

3 Likes

I like them more than the Earthen too, but I would rather have Vrykul as an allied race.

1 Like

They seem like an early proto-elf. Closer to their troll origins than the night elves become.

7 Likes

They look somewhat interesting. That’s pretty much all I feel I can say as, other than their name, we know literally nothing about them.