Thoughts on Horde getting "High Elf" eyes?

I can only go by what information we’ve got, and as of right now, that’s what the devs are saying. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Also watching a bunch of high elves barking like seals so they can find their way in a BG would be worth switching factions.

1 Like

They already upgraded all the npc eyes back when they rolled out the eye glow updates for death knights. These are new eyes, not updates.

Now I’m picturing alliance getting high elves that don’t have eyes at all, just nothing where the sockets would be.
They could find their way via echo location!

Made me lol

I can’t stop laughing picturing that lmao

Oh no. Now I’m picturing them with glued on googly eyes. :rofl:

2 Likes

They’re not, ion confirmed they’re not. Those are NPC eyes WoWhead continues to post as an option knowing full well they’re not.

High Elf, Void Elf and Blood Elf models all have the same eye files and you can easily place one to the other.

1 Like

Oh well. Still, the new belf customizations are fantastic.

1 Like

We’d never hear the end of it from ally players if BE’s got blue eyes.

Hot take, Blizzard is upset that people keep asking for WC3 era high elves over the “cool” new races they have given us. As such, they refuse to let anything resembling a WC3 helf be put in players hands.

Well let’s be real… we’re not going to hear the end of it either way.

5 Likes

We already know the blue eyes are going to Void Elves, not Blood Elves. Same models is why the datamining had overlap.

Best part is there’d finally be an actual distinction between Belves and Helves.

Also the voice work is already done!

1 Like

Omg he’s so cute though! :heart_eyes:

Also apparently they can whistle… I had no idea. That’s kinda neat. Lol

Just picture it: Anduin is hosting a ball in stormwind, when he hears a sputter and sees an elf with googly eyes wandering around, wearing a puce (it’s a color look it up) and aquamarine dress with no acompaniment.

His aides had tried to find a suitable bride for the young king but none of them had truly appealed to him despite their charm and beauty… but here was a woman he couldn’t take his eyes off of; as she moved unerringly towards the punchbowl she let out a long whistle, seemlessly weaving through the crowd and not caring how the tone irritated anyone she got too close to.

The sight of it… It filled the Lion with hithertoo unknown desires and hungers… He would have her.

They already have high elves, so it makes sense to give them eyes. Except high elf demon hunters.

All that human potential.

Also thanks for this, I needed a new chapter for my Fifty Shades of Blue fanfic.

One decision will definitely make that crowd louder though. I think Blizzard not going in either direction is the smartest move, tbh

I would like to see the Blood Elves get all the eye shades that are being shown. Everyone is saying that Blood Elves are getting blue eyes. I don’t see them as being Blue, they are Sea Green. Below is a link to a sea green color palette, the eyes seem to more match those colors. So there’s no reason for Blood Elves not to get them. Blood Elves have green eyes, Sea green is a shade of green, otherwise it would be called sea blue, which it isn’t. So I truly hope that those eyes are for us Blood Elves.
<https://htmlcolors.com/palette-image/309/sea-green.png

3 Likes

Blood Elves are High Elves so whatever…

3 Likes

I was confused about this until I saw it was a classic player.