Thoughts on Holy vs Disc 10.2 for M+

I’ve definitely used double PS as another group DR before. It’s pretty broken imo lol.

Surprised to hear that, I’ve never felt tankier on a healer than on disc, with the exception of paladins.

The main issue is that you’re cloth and a lot of the hardest hitting abilities are physical damage. You also don’t have instant cast big heals on speed dial like Holy.

IDK which ones are normalized physical damage but I certainly remember there being certain physical spells that don’t account for armor like Slicing Maelstrom in s1

That’s not the case. I remember looking at logs of all the big hitting stuff and they scaled with armor.

Worm boss in NLs boulder toss hit clothies for 20-30% more than plate wearers.

Just starting 21-22s on holy and they still feel easily doable; disc might end up being the meta spec but I suspect holy will be viable (even for very good but not top .1% players) up into at least the 24-25s again fairly easily.

Four-set bonus is nice as expected - if occasionally a bit clunky - but the change I wasn’t expecting was how much less often I was going oom. The mana efficiency+healing from tier set is crazy-good.

You do get in a weird-feeling situation where Apothesis procs but you’re at full stacks of serenity and sanctify, because all you burned through were the tier charges. So you’ve nothing to recharge and the only real benefit is a double chastise. It doesn’t feel great but it’s a good problem to have? I suspect I might need to get used to throwing holy words out more liberally, might resolve some of that clunk.

Some buffs coming in for Holy and nerfs to Disc.

This addresses the low dps on Holy and a 4% hps buff helps wash half the nerfs we got.

Hoping they address mana issues.

3 Likes

Sorry for the dumb question, but why is the 2-piece change a nerf to raid? Is it like the way it ticks?

All nice little changes for holy. I’m very happy.

I’m really surprised shadow didn’t get a single change though.

They’re probably gonna delete it lol

I was half tempted to switch to shadow and try it out since I have the four set and am just about burnt out from healing. Got my receipt, I don’t feel the need to prove myself further.

But the sanctify renews went from 5 seconds to 6 seconds so that is a buff? Or is it too early for my brain to be working. :woman_shrugging:

I misread. Oops

3 Likes

I panicked a little because another nerf to holy just seemed so mean!

1 Like

Just crunching the data.

With the buff to the 2-piece it makes Rapid Recovery a lot more powerful.

Right now with Rapid Recovery Renew ticks every 2.6s with 15% haste. With the extra 1s on Sanctify you’re looking at 3 full ticks + 1/2 tick of Renew per target. Overall it’s a net gain of 2.5 ticks total of Renew if you hit 5 targets. TLDR is we’re getting roughly an extra 15-20k healing out of Sanctify… overall hps increase of about 15%. In raid it should translate to a ~1.5% overall hps increase if you consistently hit 5 targets.

With Serenity you’re getting an extra 1.5 ticks so it’s probably going to be around a 1% overall hps increase.

Couple this with the 4% increase and Holy’s getting about a 6-7% hps boost. It’ll nudge us up a bit from probably last place to 2nd to last. Another 3-4% hps increase will put us back in the middle of the pack and revert all the nerfs we got.

Resetting Holy Word Salvation is a huge hassle and I’m hoping they buff it from 15s reduction a Holy Word to 20s. Symbol of Hope really should be reverted back to its old version, especially in dungeons.

I don’t think Holy’s going to get its needed overhauls until next expansion though.

Raided as holy last night and man I had missed it. After a raid night of playing disc I was always so tired from concentrating so stinking much and feeling like I was the worst disc player ever(probably close to lol). Last night was lovely. :heart:

I just assume that I can only push that button once now. It stinks but I tell myself that it is freeing as I have more freedom to use it wherever now and I don’t have to work on lowering its CD.

I am part of a more casual guild and we are only about halfway through heroic, so it works. I imagine it hurts for more competitive guilds/groups.

But yea, it stinks.

The issue with resetting Salv is there’s a lot of gaps on the boss fights where there’s nothing to heal. The fight also needs to be at least 7 minutes long to get a realistic chance for double salv.

I don’t know why they don’t just make Salv a flat 4.5 minute cd or something. It feels like it takes so much work and effort to reset it.

It buffs smite, but smite does a lot. It counts toward the mindbender cooldown in shadow covenant, doubles the damage reduction of the next mob attack, and provides a lot of extra healing. With the 4 piece, after using PI with a mindbender ramp, you only have 5-10 seconds left on the mindbender cooldown after shadow covenant, which can be further reduced with a few smites. If you have PI and bloodlust active when you ramp, you will get mindbender off cooldown before shadow covenant is over. Meaning you just roll into another ramp. It’s pretty sick.

Reading all that…

I have no issue timing my +20 with a good dps group. But boy my DPS su€ks real bad.
70k overall ?? Bro I am sitting at 24k - 30k lmao

I can push 150k-200k hps easy on that AoE pack in DoTI (one where we skip the blob boss lol) its almost a joke lol

But just dont look at my dps lol

1 Like

A more realistic target if you don’t have a very organized/good group, and you’re not popping Shocking Disclosure potions/have a damage trinket is probably the 40k range.

70k overall is very optimized. Like that’s having an aug, popping Disclosures, having a damage trinket, doing decently sized pulls and not having to do much targeted healing because everything’s interrupted properly, etc, etc. all combined. I’ve gotten around 80k with an aug in the group, but that group was pulling really efficiently and I got to reset bender a lot because I rarely had to flash heal someone, and I was specifically trying to optimize damage.

In your regular +22 pug I’m pulling like 50k on damage meters maybe?

1 Like

You are my people. I think I am around the 30k range for dps right now too as disc lol. Only doing mainly 18-20 keys with people I know but I am happy with how it is working out. I don’t use shocking disclosure, though I should as mana isn’t a thing. And I don’t have dps trinkets, but I just got coagulated blood so that probably helps dps somewhat. Plan on running coagulated blood and tyrstone this week to see how they work. Also, I don’t usually run with an Aug.

Might set loot spec to shadow for the weekly emissary heroic reward in hopes of getting a dps trinket though.

Another thing to think about, I have seen people talk about high damage parses and I have scratched my head at how high they say they do. Last season on my holy priest, when running 22s I was parsing like 95-97 and only doing like 20-25k overall in dungeons according to logs while people here on the forums were saying almost twice that was the goal. So, I think detail settings and logs are not the same. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I think I have hit my “skill cap” with +20s in pugs.
I ran with branch from WcM but I think I will be doing the Caged Horror + coagulated blood, as I can easily heal +20 without branch.

I did pay attention to my details while running the +20 Fall I did. And on good trash packs i can hit high like 120k but overall is still not higher than 40k lol so its just situational.

I tried to do the +22 WM lol got my a$$ handed to me by the sisters xD So decided that its just as far as I am going to go. Might try later this season to push higher with higher ilvl and more int. Goal is to hit 3k io this season for very first time.
I don’t run with Augvokers either. I just hate the fact that I have to have an Augvoker to perform. Just give me my power and remove the damn Augvoker entirely >.>