Thoughts on Community Council "Blacklisting Battlegrounds" thread

This is why it’s so great with dedicated servers ran by players for obviously different games like Call of duty and Battlefield.

But the same idea was there where players either at the end of each match voted for the next one collectively or the rotation had certain maps over others.

In fact there were some achievements that were almost impossible to do because no one wanted to play those maps.

And ultimately as a map designer who made lots of custom maps for Battlefield and unreal tournament, it was heartbreaking for people to routinely blacklist more than half of the maps I made minus the one or two

A better solution would just go in there and try to salvage or fix the problem with the map.

But I’ll be honest I cannot stand the endless series of wintergrasp or seething shore. Once in awhile is great but it seems like I get thrown into those way too often

As an experiment they should list 20 random battlegrounds as dedicated on rotation. They show up permanently and you can see who’s on them like the way you can with the battlefield server.

Right away you’d see people join the servers that people want to play the most.

:mountain: :ocean: :dragon: :mountain: :ocean: :dragon:

I hope to see a blacklisting option. If it becomes available then I will not hesitate to add Seething Shore. That map makes me want to rip my tower off its mount and relocate it to the nearest dumpster.

This is why I stay subbed. and despite overt and vocal feelings about no lfd being stupid…I stay. I want to see this in wrath-c.

Never saw the place and I would like too. and…wrath supported pvp leveling better.

at least I can grind levels in a way I enjoy. I had a blast in 15th anniversary KAV. so many chars leveled.

Didn’t really need or want a shaman. Never grew to like it much either. But wth…lets level one in KAV from 60 to level cap anyway lol. PVP leveling…its all good.

Many wth levelings were done in 15th KAV really.

Eh, sometimes you just don’t enjoy the content on offer - and that’s Okay. No amount of “salvaging” is going to make me enjoy Wintergrasp (for example)

For me, player-versus-vehicles just isn’t as fun as player-vs-player, but that’s just a personal preference thing for me. No amount of “salvaging” or “overhauling” from the devs will change that for me

Try regular randoms then. No vehicles. Especially if you get a FC map, you’ll get that pure pvp you’re looking for.

Yeah this may have been me today due to losing again so many times in a row……

do i have you beat in tilt?

Posted “6 hours ago” at 3 AM? Well, there’s your problem lady :stuck_out_tongue:

Competent? You’re asking for a lot there.

We used to have the ability to blacklist pvp maps. Personally, I /afk out the moment I get Seething Shore. You can’t organize rando’s in it, the whole idea of parachuting into the map irritates me for some reason, and I spend more time running to nodes than I do engaging in any sort of enjoyable fight.

Let me at least block one map.

1 Like

Just took a peek in the CC forum and this ^ post stood out to me

Yeah, what gives? If the argument for removing Strands was “one side is harder to win than the other side” then… what was the logic behind adding Wintergrasp to the retail rotation when it’s the same crap in there (offense “side” being 10x harder than defense “side”)?? Lol? :woozy_face:

I think a whitelist would work better: listing the BGs in order of preference.

3 Likes

Out of the 13 battlegrounds, including the epic ones, there’s only seven I like. We badly need a blacklist back.
Has the Community Council had any luck with Blizzard on this ?

2 Likes

Jeebus, congrats.

I still don’t even have a single “Master of…” achievement lol. Most of them are only 1-3 achievements off. Like I think Warsong Gulch I just need the win 100 one, but I rarely bg on toons at max level so. X_X

1 Like

hey @Maizou, speaking of achievements, how about a new achievement for 1,000,000 HKs? Or something for Honor Level 1000?

Honestly these devs seem so slow/dragging their on adding new achievements, my goodness…

You would know all about the need for new achievements with your high mount/pet collection count, but casual BG’ers haven’t gotten anything new either after multiple years of no new achievements even though some of us are already creeping up on 1 million HKs and such :joy:

It’s unfortunate that these devs are “taking their sweet sweet time” on new mount achievements, 1 million HKs achievement, etc but I guess it is what it is :man_facepalming: :watch:

Blacklisting wouldn’t fix bad maps. The reason why Wintergrasp triggers a leaver cascade is the simple fact that assault is way harder than defense. Instead rewards for unrated PVP content should be fairly streamlined and standardized so that the only thing losing gets you is slightly less honor than winning.

1 Like

i do miss the old blacklist feature.

some bgs just suck the soul out of me and ruin the mood of what couldve been a cozy lil pvp sesh.

if some bgs end up underplayed due to the blacklist… the problem isnt the blacklist, it’s those particular bgs…

1 Like

I really don’t understand the people who say blacklist shouldn’t return cause then certain bgs would never pop.

It’s almost like you’re admitting the battlegrounds are widely hated and instead of advocating for the choice to not do them, you’d rather force people into either doing something they hate, or be penalized for it.

If that many people would blacklist a bg, then there’s a problem with the bg. This is the explanation they game for removing strand even though the blacklist solved that fine.

I mean each and every BG has an equal chance of being dropped for the above reasons. So over the course of a million bgs, you’d expect that each were quit evenly based on the above reasons. So it would stand to reason that if some bg was being dropped way more often than the others, there is another reason for it.

I’m not saying I disagree with the notion - that we should be able to blacklist certain maps (because I absolutely do). Just saying that your reasoning is flawed.

I’ll admit, there are maps I hate…but I don’t leave. I play them anyway. And yes, it’s a less-than-optimal experience doing so.

Those two things don’t go together.

Me either

Let players that don’t like battleground X avoid it, and let players that enjoy battleground X continue playing it. It’s so simple :man_shrugging: