Thoughts on Community Council "Blacklisting Battlegrounds" thread

You don’t get any anima or conquest though, no marks of honor either

…also queue time might vary wildly with a specific-queue, instead of the consistent “random” queue time

When I’ve dabbled/tinkered with specific-queue, I’ve gotten some surprisingly long wait times:

• 23 minutes waiting for a specific-queue Eye of the Storm (…on an Alliance character)
  • 55 minutes waiting for a specific-queue AV (Horde character)
  • 41 minutes waiting for a specific-queue Ashran (Alliance character)

Specific-queue just isn’t practical for folks that want to play a good BGs session but are on limited playtime and such

I miss Strands of the Ancients…

Are you telling me you don’t want a ghappy ghome for all the gnomes?

True, the queue times would suck. The rewards probably aren’t a big deal though since there’s more efficient ways of getting those things.

I feel the council poster is mistaken in thinking that the separate epic queue fixed the problems with blacklisting.

The reason blacklisting was removed is that basically everyone blacklisted AV, and the few which did want to do it were either stuck with an army of bots, or with an eternal queue after bot ban waves or Warden updates.

If blacklisting came back now, the split queues would just means everybody blacklists one regular map when queuing rando, or Wintergrasp when queuing epic. Well, until they do a balance pass on Wintergrasp, then everybody goes back to blacklisting AV.

That people may prefer one BG over another is kind of beside the point. Mathematically speaking, one of them has to be least popular, and as more people opt out of it, those who remain are left with more bots or just more people with terrible gear. This worsening experience leads to a death spiral of even more people blacklisting it.

2 Likes

Bring back SotA.

Blacklisting can’t come back until random bg participation increases imo

In 3 hours of queueing random bgs last night i saw a total of 5 individual horde healers, most 15s only having 1 healer on both sides except one eots that miraculously started with 3

Blacklisting would really impact non prime time bg players at this current time. Will have to see if dragonlands saves pvp

Omg, blacklisting,you got to be kidding. Blacklisting isn’t a temporary situation it’s permanent. You wouldn’t get into any bg again.

I remember when getting into AV was all but impossible. It was my favorite random bg and even if I queued up for it specifically it would take forever to fill a match.
Blacklisting was good in theory but when everyone is hyper focused on honor/hr gains and AV isn’t high on the list it goes away. Couple that with the big swing in which faction had a perceived advantage and nobody was willing to do it.

The best thing they could do for random BGs is to rotate them in and out every couple of weeks, imo.

Seeing the same players/names multiple times in the same night does not necessarily indicate low participation - it could be “it just so happens” they’re queuing BGs at the same time you are

Tonight I’ve randomly run into Torturekilla (premader from the BG forums), a few of Inemia’s premade buddies (not Inemia himself, a few of his SAS people), and that “Rammbone” guy in a few epic BGs… but also saw a lot of randos/pugs sprinkled in (players I’ve never heard of)

Then, on other nights, I won’t see any of these players

If you queue regular random bgs between 3am EST and 7am EST you’ll see it’s like that every night though

After prime time, random bgs absolutely die because participation is low

I played many years of 70s and 85s xp off and late night max level bgs are basically identical to xp off twink brackets as far as community/diversity of players go lol

So… don’t queue BGs at like 3 AM then? Try playing during prime/normal hours?

Your claim is kinda flimsy tbh, because most content (M+, raids, LFG, etc) is gonna be fairly “dead” at those odd hours like 2-5 AM. Most normal people will be logged off and/or sleeping at those odd hours, hence the lower participation :man_shrugging:

Back when the game was healthy and not dying, it didn’t matter at what time you queued- there were always people

Pvp is not healthy anymore and there is no diversity in players once you start queueing outside of prime time

I would if i had a schedule that accommodated that

Yeah, but the same can be said about pretty much any form of content… unless you’re on some foreign server (OCE, etc) where their “prime time” happens during our 2-5 AM

If you try to pug some dungeons, M+, PvP, even WarMode, etc at odd times like 2-5 AM then it’s obviously going to be slow/less people… barely anyone plays at those odd hours and this is true even in non-WoW video games

Yeah and half the bgs are australian because we’re connected to oce. Still pretty much know everyone at this point because so few people are left playing random bgs regularly

I miss Strand. :frowning: It was one of the more fun epic bgs.

Fixed this for you :wink:

It wasn’t an epic, just a regular 15

How? Explain.

Unless every single person blacklists the same bgs, the impact will be negligible.

Queue times are going to suck overall until they add cross-faction random bgs like they should have from the start in 9.2.5.

Close enough. :stuck_out_tongue: