Thoughts On A Gender Neutral Race?

We already have Dwarves OP

3 Likes

That’s actually instantly what I thought of when I read the OP.

2 Likes

Gender neutral options for existing races is iffy to me. However, you can’t know an ethereal’s or arakkoa’s gender until you hear their voice, so I approve of races like those being added (with two voice options available though, like in FFXIV)

3 Likes

I wouldn’t care beyond the quibble that it would limit transmog / cosmetic selection by removing the second phenotype that other races offer - although that could be addressed to a degree by offering two variants of the gender-neutral race.

Saurok, or some kind of as-of-yet-discovered lizard species, would make a great gender-neutral race.

2 Likes

I suppose Ethereals

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/unoffical-playable-ethereal-discussion-thread/836012

1 Like

“Thoughts on wearing blue Hanes underwear on Tuesdays versus black Calvin Klein on Sundays?” :clown_face:

2 Likes

I actually consider Vulpera to be pretty gender neutral, they actually aren’t of course but the differences seem very minor. I had no problem with Everquest Iksar females having zero mammalian sexual effects (for them the females were lighter, had more colorful faces, bigger eyes for whatever reason, and a head frill, that was it), so yes, more of that but bring the non-mammals with it.

1 Like

Well.op, imho if gender is important I don’t see the action between characters in game to warrant a neutral gender.

No real good answers. And any they have are all about feelings

1 Like

We already have Blood Elves.

4 Likes

Brokers would have been a great way to have this.

Keep real life politics out of WoW, this is World of WARCRAFT, not World of politicscraft.

8 Likes

It isn’t the concept itself that I dislike, but the pandering.

4 Likes

Human society is based on gender. So many things that humans do always involve gender consideration and gender norms.

Blizzard had already established this precedent by having Male and Female options in WoW… so the OP asking/requesting that Blizzard to expand upon the gender options by including a neutral option is a valid request/question.

3 Likes

Biologically in this universe it seems humanoid races are male and female.

They do. This was established in Legion.

2 Likes

i would def like a gender neutral slime race or maybe a murloc race? do they have genders?
That being said… it might be hard with clothing. i think theres two hard coded options for chest pieces to show a supportive breast plate vs a chain mail stock plate.

Yes they do. Every humanoid race in the Warcraft universe seems to biologically be male and female.

furbolgs too?

I think the alliance is the best place for this new race.

3 Likes