Those who just want the Lore to be respected

“Okay, but why couldnt humans be hunters pre-Cata?”

explains how they should have been Hunters

“I agree, but thats not what I asked”

“Youre being obtuse.”

Lol.

Yea bro. You got trolled by being asked the same question you didnt answer the first time lol.

1 Like

Simple. The system was limited and humans already had some of the most playable classes. They had to revamp the character select to even fit it in.

You must have forgotten how restricted the old client was for WoW.

2 Likes

So by that logic, its a systems first ideology in this right?

1 Like

No, you’re making a bad faith argument.

2 Likes

No I am pointing out your argument there is hypocritical. If in this case Blizzard decided from a player agency perspective for Humans to not be Hunters - then lore is not playing a role in race/class decisions.

Thanks for weighing in. Blizzard has previously made a precedent that when it comes to player choice that it was supersede lore in these terms.

1 Like

Yes, character backstories and flavour can be variable and customised. However, your ability to reinterpret the world around your character is affected by what blizzard decides to put in, however much you try to mitigate it.

having a satisfying backdrop to RP in is well, somewhere between a “nice thing to have”, and “essential”. As it currently stands, the blurbs justifying some of the new race/class combinations aren’t up to the task, and might actually be better if no explanation was proffered in the first place, as that is a blank slate.

2 Likes

No, you’re just not satisfied with the answer.

Humans could ALREADY be Hunters in the lore and canon. The only reason they couldn’t be playable until Cata was due to Engine issues and Humans already had the most playable classes. That’s it. There was no Lore reason why they couldn’t already be Hunters and they didn’t need to make any new lore to make it happen. As the Lore already existed and we already had numerous Human hunters in the Lore and in WoW.

You thought you had a “Gotcha” moment, but you didn’t.

3 Likes

No, I am just waiting for you to say there wasnt a lore reason. You’ve already proven my point Emet.

1 Like

Plus it’s basically expected that there will always be some outliers in any given society.

2 Likes

Wasnt that like Night Elf mage lore in its entirety after they got exiled?

1 Like

No, I proved that your argument never had any merit.

You’re ignoring everything else that was said because it would mean you have to admit that your argument was wrong.

3 Likes

Except my argument was literally “Blizzard has literally made decisions not based on lore but for player agency.”

You’ve literally said word for word my point. You just are refusing to accept that because it breaks your entire point about “lore dependency on race/class”. Unless everything you said in your previous post is a complete lie and not something you believe - then now who is arguing in bad faith?

1 Like

You’re ignoring the part where Humans already could, by Lore, be Hunters. It didn’t come out of nowhere.

So, no. You don’t get your “Gotcha” moment. Your argument was always a failure in this regard and one made of bad faith.

1 Like

Okay, so again - why couldnt they be Hunters in Vanilla?

Its okay Emet, Ill post what you said:

And there you have broken your own argument. Good day Emet. There is no Gotcha, because you already did it on yourself lol.

1 Like

Indeed, as far as I’m concerned it’s way more out there lore wise to treat all the races as monolithic entities.

2 Likes

PFFT!!!
/thread

1 Like

This one was literally a “Blizzard didn’t want to do it” thing (partly because they couldn’t at first anyway). I think they had an idea in the beginning that at least for playable Hunters (bowmen) they had a basic idea of which races could do it. Obviously Dwarves would use Guns instead (and they showed them in the cinematic as well), Elves would use Bows (obviously), and for Horde the just went with everyone except Undead.

I don’t actually have a problem with Human Hunters. There was an in-game explanation long before they were added.

At one point, it was pretty obvious Blizzard was trying to balance race to class availability (this was after Vanilla. Vanilla was a bit more messy). You could count, one to one, the amount of available classes on each side. For every Alliance race that had (x) number of classes, there was a Horde equivalent.

Keep in mind, Hunters were added very late in the creation of Vanilla. Pretty sure they were the last class added.

I mean, that certainly holds true for the Panda Warlock so far.

You’ve asked two questions here. The first one was answered successfully. The second one becomes moot because of the answer to the first one.

There were Human Hunters in the lore. We just couldn’t play them until the game got enough updates to make them possible to play.

You arguing back and forth with others doesn’t change the above answer, nor does it make their answers to you (which have been similar to mine) irrelevant or incorrect.

4 Likes

So we are saying that because of system based reasons - Humans couldnt be Hunters? It had nothing to do with Lore. We can keep doing this circular argument.

Yeah, I find that hard to believe when coming from OP specifically.

2 Likes

It doesn’t need to be a good argument in anyone’s eyes but blizzard’s. Not everyone is as deeply entrenched in the story as to be upset.