Those who just want the Lore to be respected

So, you are just making things up.

No no no it’s more like a snobby wine “expert” saying he really tastes the authenticity of a 45 merlot when it’s really a 2022 merlot that had its label switched but he couldn’t tell cause it’s all a fraud and it means nothing. Just like lore that’s constantly changing and being revamped.

Lightforged aren’t suppose to be warlocks huh? Well I’ll just go back to before draeni existed and state the ORIGINAL concept for eredar is that they were a demon race so not having warlocks wouldn’t make sense.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but you don’t seem to know your Elves. Let me help you, as you need it.

Quel’dorei = High Elves

Sin’dorei = Blood Elves

Ren’dorei = Void Elves

There. Now I hope that you remember to retain this knowledge so you no longer come off as racist towards Elves by misnaming them.

To be fair, neither side in this debate has been civil. But I think it’s a pointless debate to begin with. This game’s lore has been completely and utterly destroyed. Adding new class/race combos isn’t going to do much of anything. There’s not really much left to destroy.

3 Likes

This is what’s called a Bad Faith Argument.

For starters, not all Eredar became a demon race. So, your argument falls flat.

1 Like

So you didn’t read it

I did.

It’s a bad faith argument that doesn’t even know who the Eredar are.

2 Likes

Clearly didn’t

I also made 0 comments on the Eredar, so you’re just making stuff up again lmao

If you knew anything about old lore eredar WAS a demon race it wasn’t originally an alien race that had people become demons they where just a demon race like succubus and imps

2 Likes

Someone roll out Metzens apology speech about changing them. :joy_cat:

If I recall correctly, the original demon eredar npcs are still in swamp of sorrows.

1 Like

I just want to be a vulpera druid that needs to combine with other vulpera druids to shape shift into the larger forms.

But then I think to myself, how many vulpera do you need to make a fat owlbear?

The world may never know.

2 Likes

That’s the only thing that irks me, and I know druids, pally, and shaman will get the same treatment. I have no beef with any of the players over the issue. My issue is with Blizzard.

If the company making the game doesn’t care about their own stories and lore, why should I care about the game?

8 Likes

I know the lore.

I care about the lore.

I think y’all are being pretty silly about the changes in my personal opinion. Not only does your version of how things should be include a lot of headcanon that was never spelled out in the game or related materials, it also assumes that the people who write the game shouldn’t be allowed to change the way that anything works over time for whatever reason they feel like.

I feel like that’s a pretty nonsense hill to die on.

I also wonder why this subject needs like three new threads a day about it by the same people. You’ve still got a post from 17 hours ago on the front page about the same stuff.

3 Likes

lol no it does not. Light ≠ Good.

6 Likes

Adding creamy skin to the Void Elves, however, have not had an added explanation as of yet. It was just given, just as warlocks will just be given to Lightforged.

Don’t give me the spiel about how Alleria has creamy skin either. The Void Elves launched without a skintone aside from blueberry, and was only added in a mild attempt to satisfy a bunch of whiners. In regards to the difference between Alleria and the playable Void Elves, they were created in different ways. Alleria’s was controlled and taken step through step.

The Void Elves was forcefully injected with huge amounts of void with the intention of turning them into void monsters. It is no surprise that the Void Elves would come out looking more voidy than Alleria.

As far as I am concerned, it is the wrong person crying out for an explanation.

And even if it was not, I do not feel an explanation was needed - the player characters are oddities already, adventurers. If they happen to pick up fel at some point, so be it. That is their prerogative. The player characters are NOT the ones who should represent the cultures of their chosen race, that should be the NPCs. There should be no single race-class questline, there is no need for it.

Our roleplay, our immersion does not have to be ruined by blizzard creating a background story for our characters.

1 Like

There is no lore that says they have to have blue skin, that was just an artistic choice. Do you get the difference between that and a group that were created to serve the light, and imbued with the light to fight against the forces of Fel cannot be warlocks?

There is no lore that says that lightforged draenei can not be warlocks.

Blood Elves have a constant source of light energies surging through their bodies via. the Sunwell. They can be warlocks.

The only lore we come by, is that Lightforged had no warlock option to start with.
Just as Void Elves started with only blueberry colours. And without further explanation, creamy skin colours was added to the allied race.

3 Likes

Is it civility to call them disgusting?

I’m just being honest. I don’t care about the story because it’s been crap for about a decade now.

There’s no need to grasp at your pearls while simultaneously being… Whatever this is. You can’t make people care about something you care about. That’s not how people are

The sunwell is a source of light and arcane, there is no lore that says all BE are using the light part of it. There is also lore that the very nature of the BE was to use fel magic to feed their arcane addiction. There is lore that the LFD undergo a ritual to dedicated themselves to the light and infuse themselves with it all to fight the forces of Fel.

No… Eredar are the NATIVES of the Planet.

Draenei are Eredar that decided not to fall to the Burning Legions Thrall and escaped. They are still Eredar - they just changed their name.

Man’ari? Eredar.

Sargeri? Eredar.