Those who just want the Lore to be respected

warlocks arent making friends with demons. they are ripping them from the twisting nether and forcing them to behave. thats one less demon wreaking havoc on living worlds.

1 Like

I have put SO many of these warlock/lore threads on Mute, it’s become a personal meme…

Yea when i pointed out the lore implications i got attacked by the frothing masses lusting for the draenei-x-succubus fanfics to become true.

exactly bro - pretty much anything can be created and done as long as it’s explained nicely and some effort put into it

I have to snort-laugh because I was reading the account wide rep thread before this one and this is the last post:

Much respect.

1 Like

Lightforged means you are infused with Light magic.

Warlocks are spell casters who can manipulate and control fel energy without giving in to its corruption.

These two things are only mutually exclusive in your head because you have put them in boxes of “good” and “evil” which are not actual attributes of the two characterizations.

On the PTR there’s quest dialogue from a LF Draenei about using fel energy alongside the light instead of opposed to it.

This is a very old version D&D opinion.

Light and fel doesn’t work that way in WoW. You can be 100% evil and be a paladin (example: Scarlet Crusade.)

That’s all I want.

All class/race combos are happening. I just want Blizzard to at least try to make it make sense.

I also wanna be Red.

3 Likes

It’s a game. Take your own advice.

I got a good chuckle out of this because frankly, it seems most of the players on this forums are too dumb to understand this.

Gameplay and lore should both have equal footing.

2 Likes

Did they drink a potion of dragon’s breath/fire breath or get enchanted or some other ability? Then sure, go nuts. Such things exist in D&D that give non-dragonfolk dragon breath weapons (that are even better than the real deal at times, poor dragonborn).

If your character breaks the mold, that’s a good thing, most DMs are happily content to let you flavor to your heart’s content as long as you offer an attempt at an explanation and as long as you’re not just cheesing a mechanic.

I assure you, my butt is thoroughly unclenched right now.

But it takes a special kind of pathetic to spend your energy shaming people who get into…a role-playing game. The point is to get invested in it (to an extent, of course :P). That’s what it’s there for. Are you lost? Have you never met a nerd before?

Which happens to be exactly what Blizzard is not doing for the problem combos that require an explanation.

I’d love for them to prove me wrong and actually give an acceptable reason+assets to reflect that reason, but if you think there’s going to be any meaningful change to what’s on PTR when it comes live, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

1 Like

No, I am shaming them for being too into the role. It’s fine to play RPGs. WoW is an RPG. I also play D & D on the regular and before Legion RP’d in game daily. At no time did I ever refer to the orc warlock I’m posting with as myself. Clearly my comment got you all in a tissy. Relax, dude. Sorry you can’t separate RL and IC.

Blizzard is the DM, though, they can decide to let PCs break otherwise established rules. Which makes sense, the PC is superior to rank-and-file NPCs. You’d have a point if Blizzard was a fellow player bulldozing the group, but the DM is literally saying ‘okay here’re some more options’ and those opposed are that rules lawyer pushing up their glasses and going ‘uh, ACTUALLY’ to the DM.

The DM bulldozing over their own setting is even worse, what reason do the players have to be interested if the DM just changes things on every little whim?

A DM not knowing the rules of their own setting that they already established is a bad DM.

It must be exhausting being this willfully retarded like you always are in these threads.

2 Likes

Their table, their rules. Plus, they might have something to justify it, but they’re unwilling to lay their cards on the table yet. It’s happened before, where the PCs suddenly just get an ability ‘just because’ and later it’s explained.

Also, you’re assuming the whole table is against the changes; the other players may be completely okay with it because they may have wanted these changes or even suggested them.

What rules were those? They didn’t follow any rules, they just stuck with the same stalemate storyline for almost 20 years, and now they just want to move the story forward.

I’ve been DMing for like 20 years and I can safely say when we play in the Forgotten Realms it’s really more like the Golavargotten Realms because if I have to make up a story and prep for a bunch of people who only have to show up, you’re damn right I am going to make it my own. Don’t like it, find a different table. Most of my players aren’t bread and butter nerds though so when I change something there is no butt hurt or arguments because I hold all the cards they just draw.

They ignore established rules about how certain magics play together(light harming undead beings or light and void reacting violently together), or how certain races’ biology is affected by fel(Mag’har orcs). They’re not “moving the story forward,” they’re eradicating anything of value from previous story to make their own garbage.

Also didn’t you block me?

lol

4 Likes