Those who just want the Lore to be respected

There is appearantly a difference between siphoning magic from inanimate objects and then living beings. But all elves from Quel’thalas are capable of the former.

So… my point still stand… retcons and they forgot about plenty of things. In this particular case… Elves and their addiction not being consistent across all groups of elves.

Still waiting to argue something about the Elves and Half Elves with Jaina. even in WoW Vanilla, there isn’t a mention of the addiction as far as i remember. if there is… sad

Holy elves shown through out the campaign in W3, forgotten.

Alleria’s Elves shouldn’t even be affected by any of that.

Mana tap is not a racial skill, is something taught to “casters” (no source for this)

Plenty of plot holes there. There was no reason for them to be there in the first place. Nor outland to be as it was in the burning crusade.

Besides all that “Mana Tapping” seems to be a spell that can be learn, similar to Drain life or the same spell from warlocks. The Mana tap spell came up cause of Kael (a kirin tor member) and the Spell Breakers mechanic

1 Like

Appearantly it was quite consistent once they first “retconned” it in in WC3.

I already told you.
The High Elves had no screentime in WC3: Reign of Chaos past Arthas invading Quel’thalas.
The ones in Theramore? Same thing, they just were not relevant.

They were? I mean, the community certainly forgot about the light always having been a fairly big deal in High Elven society, but blizzard atleast did not forget this.

By what?

It certainly was a racial ability in Burning Crusade.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mana_Tap

Blood Elf racial, even.

They did forget a lot of things though.

informative. so since its gone, maybe we will see it again if they ever make spellbreaker class.

oh yeah, i clearly remember torrent but i dont think i made my first belf till tap was gone or almost gone.

I suggest doing a quick search of the spell, it was a main warlock thing. “Mana Tap”.

The name may change (syphon, drain, tap or what ever) but the mechanic still the same, mage / warlock / wizard taking mana from a living being.

Yes it was the first racial of the blood elves in WoW, but at the same time it was a core spell of many “classes” and “characters”, Kael had the tittle / class “Blood Mage”, and he did drain mana, same goes for the Spell breakers. All that inspired the racial for the WoW BC counter part.

And yet every warlock has it. Gul’dan had it… so it is not a “racial” lore wise, is jus something learned to feed their so called addiction

lock version is life tap = you convert your own hp into mana

they had mana tap to, at least back in wrath

Edit: It was added in Legion and it gaves them dmg * Consumes 30% of your current mana to grant 10% increased damage for 20 sec.

Warlock had drain mana all the way up until it was removed in Catalysm, yes.

Just warlocks I believe, which makes sense, all things considered.

Kael’thas did learn how to “mana tap” afterall. But yes, it was a core spell in WC3 for the Blood Mage hero.

What inspired the racial ability, was the fact that it was a technique that was taught to the Blood Elven population.

1 Like

:dracthyr_tea:
/looks at the scarlet crusade, the lights attempt of turning illidan into a weapon, yrels army and vast other things that use the light for evil

…right.

2 Likes

The whole game was created and managed by Blizzard, and doing whatever they want with it is why it’s now a shadow of its former self.

All those at Blizzard that created the lore originally are long gone, and have been replaced with people whose clumsiness indicates no respect for what was originally created. The evidence of this is everywhere in the game now.

3 Likes

Blizzard is the owner, the lore it self was created by Metzen and his group.

Agree :slight_smile:

kind of ironic that your big changes are changing the color of the warlock spells lol…

You just described every aspect of aging. We want things to remain the way we remember it and who cares about younger players or developers. That’s not how life works. Things are constantly going to be changing, evolving. The lore was fine when it was just the RTS. The moment it became an MMORPG, well guess what, the lore will now have to be expanded upon. That’s what is happening. The game progresses, the lore progresses, we’re going to either have to progress with the game or just quit.

2 Likes

I agree, but at the same time, the old lore keeps changing too. I’m all for expanding upon the lore, and letting it evolve, but Blizzard needs to stop ruining the old lore.

Remember when Illidan was supposed to be dead after being defeated in the Black Temple… Yeah, that is what I mean.

1 Like

Head canon.

The old lore is the starting point and I don’t think they can avoid “ruining it” honestly. They have to expand upon something and lore makes the most sense. They aren’t always successful (shadowlands and wod) are clear examples.

1 Like

Fun memories :smiley: i guess is time to replay SC hahaha.