Those who just want the Lore to be respected

It’s funny how lore “experts” never have an answer to why player characters, beings whom have the potential to bring down constant world/universe ending threats, lack the ingenuity to be certain classes based on race.

2 Likes

Imagine a void elf, playing a blood elf character model which shouldn’t even exist as any playable race, complaining about the classes that can be played by draenei characters, which also shouldn’t exist, according to authenticity.

In W3 the ones with jaina were perfectly fine, even Gilneas was fine back then. and as i said before, it started in the burning crusade era (or well a little before that)

Speaking about their addiction was not important then. They were not front and center of the story. High Elves became front and center of the story in WC3: Frozen Throne. This is where we learn about the effects of the destroyed Sunwell. There is also a point to be made, that the only time High Elves were given a lot of screentime in WC3: Reign of Chaos, was when Arthas attacked Quel’thalas. They elves first found out they had an addiction when the Sunwell was destroyed.

But we gotta point to another retcon in lore, coming from ‘Blood of the Highborne’ in there Halduron points out that he and his rangers were not as affected by the withdrawals, as the more magically inclined elves.

I do not like the inclination that you propose though. That the Blood Elves were some newish elves that popped up like mushrooms after the scourge destroyed Quel’thalas. No, the Blood Elves and High Elves are the exact same people - they would be affected similarily.

Well, the topic has been restored.

Glad to see that the mods addressed this in a timely manner.

2 Likes

You’re so close. So close.

if you can make it an LGBTQ+ issue somehow, they’ll revert the change.

Please stop trying to insist that I’m not Ren’dorei.

Not trying to be rude.

the points i’m trying to make are.

• They have being ver present since warcraft 2, not the focus, but a pivotal part of the story
  • The Addiction isn’t consistent across elves in lore, when they made it the focus, they forgot various groups of elves.
  • Alleria was a big focus in W2, the only elven (at the time) that took her forces and helped the alliance willingly, her elves were stranded in outland, never to be seeing afterwards, yet they half included the addiction theme on their camp cause they were force to after the mess they made with the blood elves.
  • Retcons were made in the burning crusade, leaving some things not being addressed.
  • Jaina’s Elves and Half Elves were fine
  • The Holy worshipers elves (as far as i remember) were forgotten mostly

It wasn’t my intention to “incline” that. The blood elves where supposedly the “entire elves survivors”, which followed their prince (a kirintor pro), then came the retcons.

Yes they are the exact same people, yet they weren’t the entire people even by TFT time.

Bonus: Back then after TFT ended, we didn’t even knew if Illidan survided Arthas blade, a blade that could end a dread lord with a proper swing. nor did we knew the outcome of everyone present in that battle, we didn’t knew back then if Anub’arak made it out, nor if Kael or Vash survived.

Sunwell was not destroyed, no point is made here.

They did not, you assume they did simply because they were not mentioned.

The Sunwell was not destroyed, no point was made.

A lot of retcons were made, the addiction is not one of them.

From what we know. They were not front and center of the story, they had no speak-time after Arthas ravaged Quel’thalas in WC3: Reign of Chaos.

We know that the Silver Covenant was not fine.

Half elves are half elves, who knows how they work.

But…but…

What’s so evil about giving cookies to my raid members??

No point made ? they were stranded in outland with no connection to azeroth nor the sunwell, yet there wasn’t mention of any addiction.

Same can be argued lol, they weren’t mention and you assume they had the issue…

The addiction is a huge point in the retcons.

they had elves to… but nvm.

example: arator doesnt require you fetch him arcane crystals to mana tap. to be fair, being half high elf, he may not have had mana tap in the first place. lol yet the high elves at allerian stronghold ask you to bring them arcane crystals to fend off the call of the fel.

Sunwell was not destroyed… and appearantly it works through dimensions and across space and time, but that is a more recent “retcon”.

But regardless. The addiction was made a thing in WC3: Frozen Throne. So it was not a retcon made in the Burning Crusade, if that is what you wish to argue, it was made already in WC3.

Mana tap was exclusive to Blood Elves, it was basically to showcase their magic draining abilities.

oh, so an illidan skill?

Yup, the old Blood Elf mana tap racial was to display that.

Sadly, it no longer exists.

ITT: People arguing their RP/ERP reasons are sufficient enough for the race/class combos.

so how did the high elves at allerian stronghold tap the arcane crystals? they werent following illidan at all. odd plot hole.

1 Like

Oh my.

We all know that red does make everything hotter.

1 Like

Player character warlocks of any race have never been demons or corrupted. Anyone can use the magic if they wanted to learn how to regardless of what they are.

1 Like