Those who just want the Lore to be respected

This discussion of Blood Elves, High Elves, Orcs, Draenei and etc only point to one thing.

Blizzard have ALWAYS been incredibly inconsistent with their own lore. This has happened for years, hence my argument in another thread.

I still say that Lightforged Warlocks need to be addressed. It’s kinda hard to handwave it after what we know from Legion and them being named Lightforged.

I didn’t mention legion, i was referring to the story the Allerian camp had in the burning crusade, sorry if i didn’t specify or made that mistake. The point was the addiction to mana only affected Kael’s Elves. and not the other ones that left with Jaina, Varessa Windrunner.
(if i remember correctly).

As for the Void elves… it’s a big L on Blizz and the community, some of their traits and lore is nice. but they where born out of not wanting to give high elves to the alliance.

They went above and beyond justifying why they shouldn’t join them or give them the race… which in the first place didn’t made sense for them to be part of the Horde. (people get salty when reminded they are only part of the horde due to population imbalance back then)

Nothing else have ever been addressed.

“Be respectful to the lore!”
post flagged
The forum is just “our game now, chuds” isn’t it?

1 Like

is a good thing because the restrictions should only apply if theres an absolute barrier and that barrier should justify a variant be created that serves same purpose, like a voidadin.(void elf paladin using void instead of light)

hahah yeah, that happen when you (the writer) forget that what makes the story great is the entire cast of characters, their interactions, actions and the consequences of those.

I think they explained it that the Elves under Vereesa utilized arcane magical sources and items to feed their addiction. They then went to meditation to try and curb it somewhat.

We know that some High Elven Lodges ended up going fully Withered due to not having that option.

The force

What did blizzard mean by this?

I once posted something here that was lost. wish we had spell customizations, and classe or class type to be separate from gameplay.

i don’t know if i can make it clear, but a paladin is a lore tittle, the gameplay style is more of a plate melee magical /spell caster knight / warrior. in my opinion that would open up things a bit, for example a “paladin” play style on a Dark Iron is more of a Fire knight / Fire Thane or something. Apply that to a void elf, you got a void knight or something.

1 Like

High Elves utilised arcane sources in Dalaran while the Sunwell was out, also in Outland. Atleast, those are the rumours. I haven’t actually seen the sources on these claims myself.

However, old Blood Elf source says that Blood Elves used a mixture of their newfound “arcane tapping” ability, aka, draining magic from living things, and meditation in order to keep themselves in check. Blood Elf questline also shows that Blood Elves utilised their burning crystals as a energy source (Electricity) to keep their building afloat, and they utilised their arcane sanctums to scoop up residual magic in the air, which they could use to sate their withdrawals. Blood of the Highborne also shows the Blood Elves using arcane crystals which they fed upon, and even gave out as rewards, as Rommath allowed Liadrin to feed upon an arcane necklace he wore.

Vereesa also admitted, that if she did not have the supportive network in the Kirin’tor that she did, she would likely have ended up with the Blood Elves. Which is kinda weird that she looks down on the Blood Elves so much, considering they were a bunch of junkies left to their own devices, and they managed decently. Retook much of their land despite a weakened state, even fought their own royalty because they felt it was their responsibility, and they joined up with the draenei to fight to retake the Sunwell from the Legion.

The disrespect Vereesa shows. Another reason I absolutely hate her and the Silver Covenant. Waste of air they are.

2 Likes

The Blood Elves killed her husband and tried to kidnap her kids as pawns against her.

Vereesa fought in the second war. So, she doesn’t have good memories of the Orcs. Her alliance is with the Alliance too and she sees the Blood Elves as traitorous and untrustworthy. Which she isn’t wrong as the Blood Elves did try to leave the Horde numerous times in secret, only to pull out of the deal every time.

That and she’s exiled from her own homeland and hates the political stances of the Blood Elven leadership.

1 Like

It still doesn’t explain why the elves and half elves under Jaina didn’t need anything of that. The addiction to mana seems more of an after thought than anything else.

Vareesa didn’t need that, it was shoe horned because they added that to the new edgy blood elves.

Bonus point… Kael shouldn’t have fallen for Illidan’s words about a cure… nor for the fel or void by himself. he was part of the Kirin tor…

This is getting interesting to read… Gonna need some popcorn.

No they didn’t. Zendarin, the Windrunner’s cousin wanted to kidnap her kids. However, this is where a sign of her total inconsistency shows. Vereesa told Zendarin that the Blood Elves would never accept him, because he laughed about the fall of the High Elves. That is not what the Blood Elves are about.

So did many of the Blood Elves.

Too bad, the Alliance were the ones who betrayed the Blood Elves.

Once.

She hates the Blood Elves for trying to rejoin the Alliance, only to be betrayed by the Alliance and forced into the arms of the Horde because they needed help immediately, against the remnants of Amani and Scourge.

Help that Vereesa and her Silver Covenant did not at all come to provide, despite knowing about the fall of Quel’thalas because Kael’thas, who did reside in Dalaran, did go.

May be due to their half thing - in regards to the half elves atleast.

Who knows.

Addiction to magic have been a thing since WC3.

Yup, Kael’thas being made a villain was a huge mistake. Though him falling for words of a cure is fine to me, he was in a desperate position. But falling for the words of one of the legion’s commanders? Nah.

lol, their half thing, they got pure elves too!!! the entire point is that it is inconsistent. the addiction only truly affected kael’s elves, cause… lore reasons… they need to make them edgy and greyish (which they already were…)

:open_mouth: the Elves should have never joined the horde (same for the forsaken), they were better in the alliance and if that wasn’t the case a neutral faction would have being ideal for them… but no… the horde had like no players back then ("the ugly races) and they give it to them.

In stories it also affected High Elves in Quel’lithien, and it affected Blood Elves who did not go with Kael’thas.

It did also affect Vereesa and the Covenant, as stories tells us.

We only largely see it in effect in Blood Elves though, because they were our playable race, and was the center point in the “Human” campaign in WC3: Frozen Throne.

As stories started to be retconed in the burning crusade :smiley: before that they were just fine.

Not in WC3 they were not.

The Silver Covenant is a WOTLK retcon itself.

Allerian Stronghold makes some mentions of their addiction in BC.

Judging by the direction of the thread has become, 20 hours.

1 Like