Those who just want the Lore to be respected

The Mag’har isolated themselves away from the High infected areas of the green orcs and AU Mag’har avoided the blood drinking and the Iron Horde didn’t let Draenor get heavily infected by the Fel or the Legion to properly settle upon it.

It’s why the demons are mostly just in Tanaan Jungle.

We also saw that after Gul’dan took control that Fel can spread and mutate others very quickly. Hence the Iron Horde changing into the Fel Horde almost instantly.

It’s constantly radiating in use, but our Locks aren’t casting Fel 24/7 or setting up Fel crystals and the such everywhere.

That must be addressed in another manner, since the main reason orcs change color was due to them drinking Mannoroth fel blood the first time. And that is what was present in game and showcased to an extend in the Orc campaign in W3. Remember Gromm drinking it a second time turn it red. Which make more sense than just exposure.

Which came later with the book of the clans and the Gul’dans short stories.

If the case was exposure, then the other titanic races are the ones that shows less of and issue when wielding fel. I’d rather have it be that the cause for the green skin is drinking demon lords blood. This will need a story to explain why Archimonde remain the same and Kil’jaden didn’t. There must be clarification for the skin color change when wielding fel or drinking demon blood. I hope it has to do more with drinking it, since it will save a ton of issues.

And will leave an open door to explore a “fel realm”, since originally the demon lords where the Eredar, and when Burning Crusade came out that was change, leaving that spot open or missing (completely forgotten).

Now that i think of it, i’m going in a ramble. The Eredar could have remained the demon lords and the Draenei the broken ones from Outland, and Make the current Dranei the light forged, with another name entirely (like the Aurdar, the antythesis of the Eredar).

Effectively doing this:

• Leaving the cause of color change due to drinking blood and not wielding fel.
  • Avoiding 4 of overlapping Eredars
  • Not retconing the W3 manual
  • Leaving the broken as native to outland and a more believable race to be conquered by the orcs
  • Opening the possibility for Kael to meet the Aurdar (see above) in Netherstorm and not falling into madness as he did… which made no sense for a 100+ year dalaran schoolar.

Not all drank the blood though and turned green too.

The Mag’har that isolated themselves and hid didn’t turn green either. So, I would say it’s a factor.

Not to mention that Gul’dan welcomed the highly infected Legion into Draenor and he was setting up Fel crystals and the such. Which we know can cause a type of radiation exposure. Not Orc exclusive either as Blood Elves got green eyes due to that even if they didn’t directly consume Fel.

okay. lets look at outlands. hellfire peninsula was littered with giant fel crystals and occassional pools of fel. not a single draenei turned red from being in proximity to it or even running thru it. i think it has to be constant radiation, either from the crystals or from pools of fel like in outlands shadowmoon valley, or you have to ingest it. locks direct it in small amounts and not constantly as they also have shadow and fire spellls. to me it seems like how much and for how long.

That is the issue i’m trying to point, before they did, with the retcon came the issue with “exposure”. which makes no sense in the long run.

The Mag’har didn’t exist until burning crusade came up with the set of retcons.

Gul’dan only took that role after Nerzhul stepped down (another retcon).

Some blood elves did, and the ones that didn’t. Didn’t change due to exposure.

Um, they did. The Red ones went to the Legion or were killed off.

The Draenei there populate areas that typically aren’t highly Fel contaiminated and have a much smaller Legion presence.

Hell, look at Hellfire. Outside a few isolated cases of individuals, most are living in small concentrated and walled areas. Everywhere else is owned by demons or fel altered creatures and animals.

Technically it makes no sense, Oultand is literally in the edge of the twisting nether. The exposure there must be nuts. All of this issues started in Burning Crusade and with the book lord of the clans. Before that there were no maghars and all orcs where green cause they all drank the blood. Gromm tells this in the middle of the campaign. After that they wanted to make Thrall different, which takes away part of what makes him great. in my opinion

2 Likes

i’m just saying running thru pools of fel does not immediately effect. so the excuse could be time of exposure, potentcy of radiation, and if its ingested or not.

1 Like

Why was this thread flagged? I see nothing wrong with the body of the thread.
Some players here really need to give up on the hall monitoring.

3 Likes

remember the high elves at allerian stronghold? they resisted fel by mana tapping arcane artifacts. but the way they describe it its more like trying not to run off and guzzle the green coolaid.

1 Like

Blizzard tends to make the exposure as potent or not as they need for their narrative. It’s never been consistent.

You’re right that Mag’har are a retcon as Blizzard wanted an excuse to absolve the Orcs of their crimes and make them not just an evil race.

1 Like

Yeah, it made no sense. Meanwhile all the Vareessa High elves were just fine, and the Elves and Half elves that went with Jaina had 0 issues.

Vereesa and her High Elves? Do you mean her sister and those who stayed behind on Draenor?

Yees, thanks for getting my point.

Making the Mag’har takes away from the orcs in my opinion, at least a little. Gromm proves they were not monsters. DoomHammer Proves this by his choices of overthrowing blackhand, and chasing gul’dan. Thrall builds up on this to a greater extend, being raised by both a good orc and a evil human. He was already perfect, a Warrior Shaman, that will not seek war or evil but would strike when needed for the good of his people.

1 Like

The lore is what blizzard says it is. You realize that right? Just saying.

2 Likes

I’m pointing out that Alleria had some weird explanation to argument their survival as Hyperspace points out. and they left the other “big” group of elves out of the addiction dilema

which makes sense from the perspective of a two faction game. both sides need to feel morally justified in their choices and not just evil for the sake of evil, cuz believe it not, most people are basically moral.

It was a downgrade how they introduced them. Instead of highlighting what they already had.

we had plenty of sides within the “factions” since the conception of the story.

In Warcraft 1 we had. the good mage Khadgar, the evil Mage Medivh. The good Human Knight Anduin. The good Orc Doomhammer, the bad Orc Gul’dan and Blackhand.

In Warcraft 2 they expanded a lot on this, we had the previous characters plus the new greyish ones. Turalyon the first human to make deals with orcs, Ner’zhul shown to be not as evil as we thought, Daelin Proudmoore who started to look evil, the alteraci who betrayed. their kind. The egotistical elves, the good elf alleria. and so on.

In Warcraft 3 we had the perfect example of orcs in the entire game, as i mention before in this thread. The super evil / anti hero Arthas (human and a paladin…). Garithos the Evil human. Jaina the redemptive human which lead the survivors to Kalimdor. and the list goes on

I don’t think I even saw her Elves in Legion.

If anything, they should have been the Void Elves. Yet Blizzard couldn’t even give that to High Elves. No, Void Elves are just some random Blood Elves who had an accident.

but thrall, it needed to be cemented in wow player’s minds, that thrall was basically a good guy. and they doubled down on that by having us time travel to jailbreak him

1 Like